Wearing Ballet Heels

Heel-Lover

Hi, Can those with first hand experience advise me what is it like wearing ballet heels? I get around mainly in stilettos, and am comfortable with very high heels all day so I am curious about ballet heeled pumps. Are they wearable - I suspect not? Are they much harder to wear than very high stilettos? - I am guessing not much harder? Will my toes be pointed towards the ground when standing in ballet heels, rather than flat as in nomral pumps - if so wouldn't that hurt? Do people wear ballet heels in normal situations? Cheers Heel-Lover

I have one pair of ballet high heels that lace up. I cannot walk in them at all, maybe one step or two. Some people can walk in them pretty good (search YouTube). The toes definitely point straight down to the floor, at leas mine do. I do not wear mine for walking.

It is advisable to move your foot muscles around some before attempting to walk in them. I got a few cramps from jumping right into them and taking a few steps, ouch.

There are some high heels now that are referred to as "ballet" heels that leave the toes somewhat flat. Those are more like "pony" heels to me.

The mechanics are the same as 6" heels, but the weight on your toe tips vs the balls of your feet is the issue. My best attempt at support/padding allowed me to walk in them for about an hour. My issue was my second toe, it is longer then the others and would end up injured to the point of losing the toenail afterwards. This made long term wear not worthwhile and I lost much interest in trying. They can be fun to wear though :unsure:

(formerly known as "JimC")

In my experience with them: Are they wearable? - Yes, but not without the proper stretching beforehand. Much harder to wear than very high stilettos? - Yep. For me, though, the adjustablity (not a word, don't worry) was just about the same: not being able to :unsure: Toes pointed to the ground, with a heel attached? - Pretty much on-spot there. Walkable? - Like Jabble said, search Youtube. There's many that can do it both flawlessly and those with struggle. With me, just barely, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

Here are a couple of my old vids from youtube. I was walking on a nature trail with packed shellrock for ground. I've noticed in my other vids that my gait is also a bit goofy even on pavement. You can walk, but might need to adjust your idea of an acceptable stride when walking in heels.

Extra note. Set the camera for a 15 sec vid, and had a 10 second timer to get to the start point. Jogging in ballet boots is possible but I highly recommend against it. hehe

(formerly known as "JimC")

Here are a couple of my old vids from youtube. I was walking on a nature trail with packed shellrock for ground. I've noticed in my other vids that my gait is also a bit goofy even on pavement. You can walk, but might need to adjust your idea of an acceptable stride when walking in heels.

Extra note. Set the camera for a 15 sec vid, and had a 10 second timer to get to the start point. Jogging in ballet boots is possible but I highly recommend against it. hehe

Walking eh? It's almost like running to me lol, good job! :unsure:

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker: