telling friends and their reaction.

wxman25

Hello everyone. I recently decided to start telling some of my closer friends about my heel wearing. I sucked up the courage to tell a male friend of mine about my love of heels. I said "I'm going to blow your mind!" He said go. I then said "I love wearing high heels." He then said "you told me that 2 years ago when you where drunk. Is that all you got?" I told him no nothing else and he said ok, we then started talking about other things. Next I had a female friend come visit me while on a cross country trip. Shes always been a do what makes you feel good kind of person. Before i had a chance to tell her she told me shes gay and has a girlfriend. so I said great well i like to wear high heels. She paused then said "Thats cool! thats explains whey we've had some many conversations about heels in the past." We continued to talk and she said " i have to see them" I said ok and showed them to her. she said WOW i can't wear heels this high. She spent the night, when we got up i decided to wear a pair of strappy wedges. so put them on with a pair of dark jeans and a t-shirt. I came out of my room and said this is how i dress at home. She said that looks good and the pants are just long enough. we then sat at my house for several hours with me wearing my wedges. That was so cool. Small steps :unsure::smile::mecry:

He then said "you told me that 2 years ago when you where drunk. Is that all you got?"

I burst out laughing when I read that. XD

Anywaaay, that's a great step. Getting no negative reactions is a huge confidence booster, too. I had started out the same way, telling my gf then my little ring of close friends, and most recently, two of the women up at the office. Both of which were shocked but though it was really cool. The only part I'm stumped on is telling my family, they're all pretty conservative, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Small steps. :unsure:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

I had a friend stop by today to wish me a Happy Easter. We see each other maybe 4 or 5 times a year. He lives out of state but he grew up down the street. His family still lives here. Ive been doing a lot of relaxing lately and was sitting here when he walked in. He noticed what I had on my feet and openly stated ' Ive seen articles about guys wearing heels, seems to be a trending thing. Doesnt surprise me your into it '. The conversation then went to our families and whos still in the neighborhood.. nothing odd/different at all. I really dont think people give a crap what we wear on our feet endless we make a huge fuss over it.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I've made jokes about it at times with male and female friends around... One time, I was out with a group and a friends girlfriend made the "I love that girls shoes" comment.. I said "those are cool..I've got a pair just like them at home".. Everybody laughs and says, "yeah, you probably do.."..:unsure: Oh... And the "you told me that 2 years ago when you where drunk. Is that all you got?".. This is why I don't drink...lol

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I just told one of mine female friends that sells me TV advertising that lets go out for a drink after work some time. But dont freak I wear high heels and right now running around town I have on a pair of 3 1/2" boots. She said thats a deal and then we should have 2 drinks that way should could borow on of my pair. I told her that I would not get over board with the shoes maybe the boots or a pair of wedges not the 5 1/2" platforms. She said that we will need to go shoe shopping together some time.

Thats awesome folks. @wxman25 - I had to giggle too when I read the part about being drunk and telling your friend 2 years ago! I've only told a handful of people - all those who either have no immediate connection to my missus or those who I trust enough to keep 'the secret'. It really pains me to have to keep it from my closest male friends, but their wives/girlfriends are very close to my missus and the chance of a 'slip' would be far too high... *sigh* Chris

Thats awesome folks.

@wxman25 - I had to giggle too when I read the part about being drunk and telling your friend 2 years ago!

I've only told a handful of people - all those who either have no immediate connection to my missus or those who I trust enough to keep 'the secret'. It really pains me to have to keep it from my closest male friends, but their wives/girlfriends are very close to my missus and the chance of a 'slip' would be far too high... *sigh*

Chris

im really sorry your not being able to talk about it. maybe one day. it took 3 years before i was able to tell my now ex-wife. and all she said was "you know you could have told me earlier right?" and that was it.

im really sorry your not being able to talk about it. maybe one day. it took 3 years before i was able to tell my now ex-wife. and all she said was "you know you could have told me earlier right?" and that was it.

Going back to when I first told her, after calming down and going through the 'usual questions' my wife said "It's totally unfair to keep a secret like that from me. You should have told me when we first started dating!"

I asked if it would have changed how things played out and she said we wouldn't have continued dating. Not the kind of response you expect from your life partner...

Regardless, we've digressed from your original post. Congratulations again on getting such great feedback from your friends!

Chris

I told a few friend's lately and till so far there reaction is, So what.. Guess is more in my mind than in others.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I told a few friend's lately and till so far there reaction is, So what..

Guess is more in my mind than in others.

I have found that if they know you well enough,know who you are inside,they dont care what you wear on the outside.It can backfire, when I told my one mate he didnt understand why,its just not us (South Africans,some of the fellow SA heelers will understand).But my other friend and his fiancé don't care because they know who I am.

CRabbit,sorry to hear about your situation, hope it improves in time.

ilikekicks, Actually, my Buffalo buddy, we all care what you put on your feet as long as it is heels because that's what brings us together. Just as long as we use that strength to uplift and support one another no matter what corner of the Earth we live in. It is very cool that your friend knew of the guys' high heel trend and wasn't surprised of your preference. The whole world needs more people like that! HappyinHeels

ilikekicks, Actually, my Buffalo buddy, we all care what you put on your feet as long as it is heels because that's what brings us together. Just as long as we use that strength to uplift and support one another no matter what corner of the Earth we live in. It is very cool that your friend knew of the guys' high heel trend and wasn't surprised of your preference. The whole world needs more people like that! HappyinHeels

Most of those whom I have known for a long time know ' me '. They remember my teen years when I was a stoner whom played in a high school band and was known by most of the local cops. I wasnt the kid whom was doing all the wrong things, I just had the habit of always being there when something happened :mecry:.

In a neighborhood of jocks, I was the kid in the tight jeans, nike hi-tops with the ' big ' long hair and a leather jacket..

When something odd hit the news, a lot of people would call and ask ' did you do that?!!? '.

Im more reserved now. I dont stand out in crowds ( hopefully ). I think ' who I am ' gives me more lee-way in peoples reactions to what I wear. Im not of large statute or a ' macho ' type anyway.:unsure:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

There is a group of guys that meet once a week for some games and "guy" time. I wore my boots with 3 inch cuban heels last week when we got together. I got teased a bit, but all in good fun. We were playing bocchi ball and I was thanked for aeriating the lawn with my heels. Each member of the group has a made up name that describes their personality. Mine is Heelus Maximus.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago where I work we had a open house for out office. The service mananger and the owners wife sometimes have an issue and I told the mananger if she just stays quiet about it I would take her shoe shopping when everything is done. Well Last Friday was the day so before we went I told her that the highheel boots that I wear are womans. Her reaction was that if they are comfortable why not. So we had lunch and than we went to look for heels. I showed her a couple of pairs that I have bought and tried on a couple. She found a pair that she liked and I told her that I have the same pair of 4" peep toe heels.. It ended up to be a fun time. The only thing that i wish is that everyone would have that attitude.

• 4 months later...

I came so close to wearing my new boots last night. I volunteer with a community theater group, and I'm their VP. Last night was a board meeting, and at the last minute I chickened out and put on my flat riding boots instead. I'm the youngest on the board, and my guess is being theater folks and my friends they would be cool with it, but I just didn't quite have the gumption to do that. FYI, the ones I wanted to wear were these in black: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/g+by+guess+ringster+wide+calf+boot?prodId=258539&brand=dsw12brand9800002&activeCats=women,dsw12brand9800002&isBrand=y&categoryName=women Any thoughts? Words of wisdom? My original plan was just to wear them, and if anybody asked why I'm wearing them I'd just say they are comfortable and I like them.

If it's a theatre group, they are likely to be an open minded group and it's a great looking boot to boot.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh, I'm sure they'll be open minded. Last spring we had a guy known among our theater group try out for a female role in a comedy. We thought it was a little unusual, but the director got a chuckle out of his Dame Edna persona and cast him. The audiences loved it. The only difference is I'm not trying out for a part or wearing a costume, so I could see some head scratching as to the "why" question. Also, I never told them the primary reason why my whacko ex-girlfriend thinks I'm gay and went out in a hissy fit, I sort of left out that part. They are pretty sure she's got a few loose screws anyway, but I could see having to "come clean" on that little detail. That's the part that has me a little nervous.

but I could see having to "come clean" on that little detail. That's the part that has me a little nervous.

It's a lot easier than you might think.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thats awesome folks.

@wxman25 - I had to giggle too when I read the part about being drunk and telling your friend 2 years ago!

I've only told a handful of people - all those who either have no immediate connection to my missus or those who I trust enough to keep 'the secret'. It really pains me to have to keep it from my closest male friends, but their wives/girlfriends are very close to my missus and the chance of a 'slip' would be far too high... *sigh*

Chris

So they probably already know. Women tell all to theri friends and friends tell their husbands.

Dave, those are great boots. You really ought to go out wearing them. You're a thin guy and thin heels look fantastic on you. I hope you reconsider next time. You'll have a blast wearing them, I know. Did you write a product review of them yet? Don't forget to mention you're a guy. Good luck! Steve

Awesome boots! I would wear them without a second thought. I will find out what some of my friends say about it, on saturday is a C64 meeting. I'm gonna wear my wedge boots...the first one who will look surprised is the guy i will travel with... Will be a cheap trip, he is disabled and drives a wheelchair, and that means he can travel by train for free and take a supporting person with him, also for free...

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

Dave, I hope that you get a chance to wear the boots. They are very nice. Wear them for a short outing some evening maybe doing an errand or the like. After you wear them once you will do it over and over again. You will be making a fashion statement. Recently I have seen some men wearing riding boots (flat heels) with their jeans tucked in. I have gone out last year with that look but I have heeled boots and have gotten compliments on the look. I even have a pair of Frye men's black boots with a 2 1/2" heel that I have worn with the jeans tucked in, but I prefer to wear my women's heeled boots. I am even practicing wearing my Nine West 4" stiletto heeled boots with that look too. So try it you will like it!!!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay