Are high heels more prone to slipping?

shinysoles

Just about all my heels have smooth plastic like soles with tiny treads and seem to slip much more easily on most surfaces than my (boring) man shoes.Admittedly,they are not expensive high end types and some may be considered cheap.Do any of you have a similar situation?.

Hi shinysoles, I think you are referring to the toe area because you mention a tread pattern? High heels can be slippery. It really depends on what you're walking on. My leather soled means dress shoes are pretty slippery on hard floors as well. Most mens shoes have a gripper type sole, womens shoe soles are harder compounds so have less grip. My high heels are almost all leather soles and I find once they are worn they offer good grip in the toe area. The real danger comes from my heel, the degree of slide risk depending mainly on the floor surface - smooth marble mall floors being the worst. Sliding in heels goes with the territory. If you wear heels you need to think about where you're wearing them and what you will have to negotiate and your confidence/ ability. In 10 years of heeling I still get skids in malls from stilettos but I never loose overall control or fall on my bum. Cheers Heel-Lover