Your heels, and your partner/wife/girlfriend

JSLS

So, my main question is...

Does your partner/wife/girlfriend know you like wearing heels?

I have read a few posts in my short time here (I'm pretty much visiting the forum a few times a day, and if there's nothing new, I read old threads), and one thing I'm noticing is people having issues telling their partner, or hiding their heels preference. Maybe it's just me, because I had no problems with it whatsoever (my partner was there when I discovered my love for heeled boots). I couldn't imagine a situation where I'm waiting for some time alone to enjoy my heeled boots. I get home from work wanting to wear them, and I'm wearing them right now. If it was a secret, that would never be the case.

So, how did you tell your partner? Was it a discovery you made together? Is it something you're struggling with in private?

I told my wife before we were married over 37 years ago. Shoes have played apart in our relationship since the beginning, and they still do.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I don't have one and will never need one. they just cause problems for you and being stuck in there way of things, I could never live like that. life it short so get what you want in life.

It's nice to read some positive stories. I feel for you, Pebblesf. That can't be a nice situation to be in.

I don't have one and will never need one. they just cause problems for you and being stuck in there way of things, I could never live like that. life it short so get what you want in life.

You never feel like you're going to meet someone who actually fits into your life? Everyone has there ways, buddy, it's all about give and take.

Been married over 25 years, Only discovered my somewhat natural ability at wearing high heels just over two years ago. I would do it more often but the lady of the house isn't particularly thrilled with it. It's kinda her fault. She doesn't wear heels of any kind any more. I pointed out a heel in a color scheme she likes but she replied "If you like them, why don't you wear them" - - Big mistake. I threw her a really big surprise on a valentines day a couple of years ago - - Lets just say some of my wardrobe has changed since them. She doesn't want the kids too see, so I'm restricted as to what and when. She's afraid I will 'scar the kids for life' so I limit my outings to out of town and by myself in most cases.

I also in the area that my wife does not like it. I had on a pair of 3" boots on at a ball game with her and when she noticed and we were leaving she said they are womens shoes dont go there. So I dont wear them around her. I do have a couple of High heel boots in my company car usally all the time and when I can I change in to them.

Told MrsF ten days after meeting her. She was perfectly fine with it and she of course also loves wearing heels. She has no issue with me wearing them and even buys them for me. She is a very special lady.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I told my ex g/f a few weeks after we met and she slowly came to like it, and eventually loved it. We used to 'dress up' (latex, make up etc) and wear heels together - she hated it that I had better legs than her and could walk far easier in high stilettos lol. Alas, things didn't work out and I ended it - which turned out bad as I was bombarded with threats of e-mailing the photos she had taken of me (duh.. I know) to all my friends and family, which as you could imagine I was a rather worried about for quite a while.... Didn't happen thank god, but that experience is the biggest reason why I'm still single lol. I know some of you will say well what the hell, let people know but that's not really an option - people wouldn't understand. Single isn't all that bad though haha - go out when I want, with who I want, bought a fast car, crazy spec PC, huge TV etc etc lol :unsure:

After having been in a marriage where she knew and absolutely hated it, I have finally ended that part of my life (not due to my heels) and have met a wonderful woman who not only doesn't mind my interest in heels, but loves to wear heels herself. It's so nice to not have to worry about anything like that again. HHlover

One girlfriend knew and encouraged me.. We parted company for other reasons.. Dated another two girls in which I wore the boots in my avatar on first dates... Dated one of them quite a few times... She was the kind that probably would not care if I wore 5" heels.. Fun to be with, but unfortunately, no spark... Last one I had anything to do with dropped me like a hot potato when I brought up the subject... This is in part my fault for not saying anything sooner...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

My wife has known since day one, and she and the kids are totally fine. My daughter is sometimes jealous of my collection and looks for some of her own. No scarring of people in our family, although my wife does like to have me think and make sure I'll actually wear them before buying.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My Girlfriend loves wearing heels.But I have yet to pluck up the courage to tell

her about the fact that I wear them!

She is a lovely caring person but I am not sure if she would accept it too easily!

If she's lovely and caring, I'm sure she won't mind. She'll probably be more upset that it's been a secret :unsure:

I told my ex g/f a few weeks after we met and she slowly came to like it, and eventually loved it. We used to 'dress up' (latex, make up etc) and wear heels together - she hated it that I had better legs than her and could walk far easier in high stilettos lol.

Alas, things didn't work out and I ended it - which turned out bad as I was bombarded with threats of e-mailing the photos she had taken of me (duh.. I know) to all my friends and family, which as you could imagine I was a rather worried about for quite a while.... Didn't happen thank god, but that experience is the biggest reason why I'm still single lol. I know some of you will say well what the hell, let people know but that's not really an option - people wouldn't understand.

I should imagine that's quite a worry for just about anyone, with everything. I don't think too many people are actually nasty enough to go about spreading your business openly, just because you split. There are all sorts of things my current Mrs could go into, should we split, but I trust her not to. Hey, even if she did, I'm not ashamed. Most of it is sexual stuff, which I'm quite open about anyway (if asked. I don't just tell people haha!)

I was wearing womens shoes (mostly flat sandals) when my wife and I met years ago. She has always been OK with it. In 1996, I bought a pair of heels on a whim, brought them home and showed them to my wife. She was surprised at first but became very accepting. Great gal. Been wearing heels and flats ever since. My advice to you guys, if at all possible, let you gal know about your desire to wear heels. Keeping it a secret is a burden, plus she just might like the idea. Take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

If she's lovely and caring, I'm sure she won't mind.

I should imagine that's quite a worry for just about anyone, with everything. I don't think too many people are actually nasty enough to go about spreading your business openly, just because you split. There are all sorts of things my current Mrs could go into, should we split, but I trust her not to. Hey, even if she did, I'm not ashamed. Most of it is sexual stuff, which I'm quite open about anyway (if asked. I don't just tell people haha!)

Well, my ex tried to blackmail me during the divorce by using all of it against me and then tried to turn it into mental abuse and grounds for a divorce on indignities/sexual misconduct (even though she said that she would NEVER do that). Unfortunately for her, I had already shared a good bit with my attorney (so it was no surprise when her attorney brought it up) and he made sure that her attorney was well aware of the definition of what sexual misconduct really is. That was squashed in a heartbeat.

You never really know someone until you try to divorce them...

My ex-wife was OK with it. Early in our dating we were going over what turns us on, and when she wore some heels for me, I let on that I was curious to know what it's like to wear them. Thinking she was going to freak out I stammered that out, but she didn't bat an eye and agreed there are probably lots of guys who are curious. She bought me a pair, and eventually just rolled her eyes and laughed if I got more pairs, joking that I'm going to be the next Imelda Morcos. :unsure: She accepted them, though she wasn't turned on by them. She had to concede that I walked better in them than she did, and she was jealous that I had narrow feet and had no trouble finding shoes that fit. The last girlfriend was completely against them, and went out with lots of nasty texts and e-mails. Lots of unflattering words such as "gay", "tranny", "fag", etc.. No great loss there though, she had lots of other red flags, and from the childish way she and her mom acted afterward, I'd say good riddance!

RadioDave, Great to see you posting again. You've been absent for too long. Welcome back! I've seen you walk in heels and I know you do it capably and confidently. You're an inspiration to me and I appreciate it! Steve

My girlfriend hates the idea, but I did at least tell her about it when we first started going out. I'm into more than just wearing heels though so I told her about the clothes and the shoes at the same time. She asked me if it meant that I was gay (Funny, I had just started dating her) and when I said I enjoyed it as often as possible when I was single but had cut it down since seeing her she said "Well I've got loads of single friends and none of them have ever done it" It was after this that she said that she would "rather not have to hear about it" so it's not been mentioned since. I hide my clothes and heels from her but if she ever finds out and freaks out about it then I know exactly what I'll be doing and it won't involve her that's for sure!

You should accept that this love of heels and women's clothes will probably never go away, no matter how hard you try to suppress it. I may be a bit cynical, perhaps, but I don't see this relationship flourishing in the future; it won't be totally satisfying to you if you have to hide an important aspect of your life from her forever. If she doesn't accept that part of your life, what else won't she accept? Love means having to accept the whole package, warts and all. Just my 2c and worth no more than that. But good luck just the same. Keep up posted on how it goes. Steve

So, my main question is...

Does your partner/wife/girlfriend know you like wearing heels?

Yes I know and actually started him off. Probably is his big feet (M12) limit whats available alot. He actually loves my Doc Marten heeled boots and would love to have his own.

Your aviator, I would love to get him a pair like those.

Wat I don't like on guys is usually girlie, danty fine strappy big heels. I think more chunky heels in boots or pumps and not above 4-5" is fine for guys.

Yes I know and actually started him off. Probably is his big feet (M12) limit whats available alot. He actually loves my Doc Marten heeled boots and would love to have his own.

Your aviator, I would love to get him a pair like those.

Wat I don't like on guys is usually girlie, danty fine strappy big heels. I think more chunky heels in boots or pumps and not above 4-5" is fine for guys.

I agree, to an extent. Seeing some of the guys in their strappy heels makes me realise that 'man-feet' in those shoes don't actually look too bad, but for myself, I'm more into closed toe, less skin showing kinda shoes. Boots are perfect.

How did you start him off with it?

I'm more into closed toe, less skin showing kinda shoes. Boots are perfect.

Same here. I like a closed-toe shoebox area. The rest can be more open.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Burton85 this woman only loves you in the outside, and if a woman says thats how my man should be in her mind, take my advice and get rid of her, if a woman does not want there boyfriend to be himself then she will never find Mr Right will she.

Christine is fine with me but in general she worries on any issues out in public, she may not be able to handle it. There is a cap now on my buying for both of us. (allegedly none :unsure: I've a a couple of open toed shoes but are for home only. Closed toe and boots in public, with skinny heels generally kept less public depending on the day. Al

So for me I have finally come clean to my fiancee...... and much to my surprise she was more than ok with my hobby! I hadn't ever figured it would go that smoothly..... maybe because I sometimes forget that with her being a bit younger than me, there tends1 to be a bit more open mindedness. I suppose that deep inside I always felt she would accept me completely, it was still a huge leap of faith to actually come out and say it. Anyway I just wanted to share that! It's like a giant weight has been lifted now....