Boots for my wife

sockless74

My wife and I have been together for 13 years. I love boots on women, but she isn't really into boots. She has agreed to start wearing boots more often for me. The only problem is that she isn't used to wearing heels. Today she wore boots most of the day and was quite uncomfortable. So that takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for both of us. So my question to the women here is; How long does it take to get used to wearing heels? Nothing too high, only about 2 1/2 inches or so. Is there anything she can do too decrease her discomfort? Should she be starting with a smaller heel? If anyone has a good suggestion for a brand and style of boots that are good to start with I'd love to hear what you have to say. Also, she doesn't wear socks so if you have a suggestion that will make that more comfortable that would be helpful too. She tends to like leather inside her shoes because if they have a cloth inside they will really start to smell wearing them without socks.

Hi, and welcome to this forum! Glad you found us. I can't really answer the question, since I've been wearing heels for years, but in my experience, if the shoe or boot is not comfortable at the beginning, it usually doesn't get a whole lot better with wearing. There are exceptions, of course, so this isn't always true. When I try on heels, whether in a store or when a mail-order package is delivered, if it doesn't have a "wow factor" of at least 8 on a scale of 10, I send them back. The wow factor is where you put your foot into a shoe and say WOW! It's entirely subjective and is different for each person. If a shoe has a high wow factor for me, I know it's a good fit, has the arch in the right place, I can walk and stand in it, and I'll wear it and get good value for my purchase. So if those boots don't have a high wow factor for her, go shopping for some that do. If she doesn't feel comfortable, she won't want to wear them and she'll be miserable. Even worse, she'll make you feel miserable, too! LOL Hope that advice is helpful. Steve

Well hows about riding boots. Some of that style do not have too much of a heel and can be really sexy as boots go. The leather theory is good. A few of my fake leather boots are really good for show and short time use but genuine leather is longer lasting and better feeling and all that. Whenever practical I like the feel of leather rather than the feeling of socks so we agree on that part. That is why the lug sole spike heel and ballet boots that I am making have a brown pig hide lining.

Good question. I believe the quality of the shoe makes a huge difference, but foot conditioning also has a part on how comfortable any one will be just wearing heels for hours. Especially if you shift from no heels at all to heels for two days. Heels shift more weight to the ball of the foot. My wife and I can both walk reasonably well in heels, but for both of us, the limiting factor is how long we can stand before the pain in the ball of the foot becomes too much. I can actually stand longer in the same height heels, even though I weigh a but more. She also has more time to walk in heels during the week than do. Walking in heels regularly helps strengthen your ankle muscles, flexibility, for heel wearing. I don't know if "exercises", or wearing wearing heels, will increase the ball part of the foot's ability to withstand the added pressure longer. Of course, she may have a different issue. Maybe her ankle strength is not there either....

• 2 weeks later...