Open toed heels with scarred toes

JustJen

Question

Hi all. I've really been wanting to expand my heel collection lately and figured since its been so warm, why not do it with some nice open toed heels! Well, unfortunately, a number of years ago as a kid I got the toes on my right foot caught under the wheel of my bicycle in some gravel and scraped up my toes pretty good. So now they are scarred up. Not hideous by any means, but still, whether I go out or not, I would still be conscious of it in the open toed heels. So, would you wear tights with them (which I absolutely love wearing tights anyway) or would you just go without? Just more of a what would you do, not what should I do. Thanks!

11 answers to this question

No no, the toes are fine. Nothing missing or deformed. Just scars on top, pretty much right on top of the joint closest to the nail.

Cover the scares with makeup.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That is a relief knowing that all the toenails are still there. So what color are the scars and if they are just white or lighter color then fain a good inkslinger and get a little daisy or the like and be prepared to hang on tight to something because tats on the feet really tickles.

It it bothers you, wear some sheer tights. Otherwise wear patterned mesh, nude tights. If you like lace you could make a lace band to fit around your foot where the strap of your heel sits on your foot. It would make the shoes rub less plus camouflage the scars. All in all, it probably isn't a big deal. Enjoy your open shoes however your are most comfortable :)

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

From what I am reading it sounds like the scars are not severe at all, but knowing that they exist, they are bothersome to you. Why not go ahead and exercise your love of open toes and see what happens. You probably will forget them in a few minutes. And if not, I see no problem with wearing tights with open toes or sandals. I live in a warm climate, but if on a business trip to a cold area in winter I often wear tights with a sandal or open-toe pump. Good luck.

If i can be of any help, please message me here.

E