Footwear with Utilikilts

Jabble

What would you wear with a utilikilt?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What would you wear with a utilikilt?

• Flat boots
    • Heeled boots
    • Sandals
    • Other (please specify)
    • I would not wear a utilikilt at all.

I voted 'Other' since it also depended on what I was going to be doing. I'm not going to be doing construction etc. in heels. Beyond that, until the prices for kilts in general come down to earth, it won't be an issue for me.

I have always been of the mind that unless you're a CD or a TV then you should wear heels with traditional men's clothes and flats with any kind of skirt or kilt.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What would you wear most with a utilikilt?

Whatever you please - men must have equal fashion options as men,not as impersonators or anything else.I would wear some kind of heels but not to high if it is a kilt.

Whatever you please - men must have equal fashion options as men,not as impersonators or anything else.I would wear some kind of heels but not to high if it is a kilt.

What different does it make if the guy is doing an impersonation of another man or not?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What different does it make if the guy is doing an impersonation of another man or not?

I am talking about impersonating women,not other men.Since I find the terms transvestite or whatever gender biased (applied to men only nowadays) I call people like you, female impersonators.I mean no offence,do whatever you like and feel comfortable with it.I consider myself a freestyler and wear the things I like as a guy - no fake parts,identites,wigs and etc.Whoever feels a CD and so on is fine with me, but that does not help the gender equality in terms of fashion.Because CD/TV generally act as feminine women, they do not fight for male rights.I want one day males to wear "feminine" apparel as men without social scorn as women do with the "masculine"apparel since the 1940's.P.S. I mean no offence to anyone,just clarifying my views.

Well actually I am offended.

I AM NOT a female impersonator, it's not a fake identity, it is who I am. I'm not saying that I am female because I have a long way to go yet but I am transitioning to be one.

For your information, I am quite prepared to do whatever it takes to fight for the rights of any male to wear whatever he likes just the same as I would support the right of any woman to wear whatever she wants.

I go out day after day as the person I am. I am not fooling anyone, most people who meet me know that I am a Transexual. I don't hide away. Because of this, the way is free for more people to cross-dress and for more men to wear skirts or heels without being attacked in the street.

Well actually I am offended.

I AM NOT a female impersonator, it's not a fake identity, it is who I am. I'm not saying that I am female because I have a long way to go yet but I am transitioning to be one.

For your information, I am quite prepared to do whatever it takes to fight for the rights of any male to wear whatever he likes just the same as I would support the right of any woman to wear whatever she wants.

I go out day after day as the person I am. I am not fooling anyone, most people who meet me know that I am a Transexual. I don't hide away. Because of this, the way is free for more people to cross-dress and for more men to wear skirts or heels without being attacked in the street.

Ok, I appologise to you since you feel that way.Hopefully the term cross-dressing would not be applied to men only one day and shall be erradicated.Unless it is in some islamic state or communist one(North Korea,perhaps) there is no need to fight for a woman to wear whatever she wants, their fight went well decades ago.

I have always been of the mind that unless you're a CD or a TV then you should wear heels with traditional men's clothes and flats with any kind of skirt or kilt.

What if I'm a LCD/DVD? :mecry: Sorry! couldn't help :unsure:

Now, for the serious part, I love kilts, but I'm not really fond of the Utilikilts.

With kilts I would wear these boots, a pair of loafers, or a pair of black LX01's.

Hi, I had to google utilikilt to see what they're like (not aware of them down in this little part of the planet..) Anyhow they look quite versatile - very much like an A-line skirt - so... firstly I think the wearers legs need consideration.... smooth legs... Try a wedged pump (stacked wooden wedge looks casual) maybe a dark grey patent or a dark brown upper and a round closed toe shape. If your comfortable with it I think a round toe high heel pump is also workable but avoid dressier styles in full patent, and pointy toes. If you want to have a high heel silhouette (ie not a wedge) then don't wear a stiletto heel (regardless of heel height) if you haven't got skinny calves and ankles and instead go for a chunkier heel style. If you have skinny legs then a stiletto pump will look good as long as your top half is fitted and not bulky/baggy, thereby balancing your legs. hairy legs... I think I would wear knee boots, low heel say 2-3 inches but not stiletto. I'm sorry but I struggle to see other options with pumps ... hope this helps cheers Heel-Lover

Utilikilts are AWESOME! They scream masculinity, though, so pairing them with heels creates a real clash. I'd much rather make a statement about being man enough to dispense with the diapers we call "pants."

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I want one day males to wear "feminine" apparel as men without social scorn as women do with the "masculine"apparel since the 1940's.P.S. I mean no offence to anyone,just clarifying my views.

Well you couldn't have told that less clearly. :unsure:

If a guy wants to feel womanly, then it is up to him. If he wants to do that in public by wearing what he thinks is women apparel, then people will sense that, even if he only wears a few accessories such as shoes or earrings, or even if he wears none. They will be bewildered, call him a crossdresser, or whatever.

Now if he wears the same garments while feeling manly, then he only is doing what women have done with pants for decades : choose by themselves.

Let's take a royal example. I think king Louis XIV wanted to appear as powerful as he could. I can't figure out if he ever wondered if he might be taken for a woman. That should have been totally out of his concern. Thus he decided to wear red high heels, and present himself this way.

Now or the utilikilts, it seems more appropriate for guys with big calves and thighs. A tall guy with thin legs like me would find too much space inside...:unsure: And none of the proposed shoes are going to say hello to the kilt. G.

Now if he wears the same garments while feeling manly, then he only is doing what women have done with pants for decades : choose by themselves.

I am a freestyler so I am doing just that.No fake parts and names and etc while wearing whatever apparel I like.