Naturalizer - Women's shoes for guys!

Steve63130

When I was on Naturalizer.com looking for the sandals that Bluejay selected, I notice a MAJOR detail of interest in Naturalizer's shoe reviews: They list the gender! This is incredible! For a company that sells nothing but women's shoes, to ask the gender of their customers in a review is nothing short of astounding. They know, of course, that men do in fact buy and wear their shoes, but now they're acknowledging that openly. Kudos to them! A few months ago, I noticed in copying and pasting a review to show here, that gender was asked, but it was hidden on the web page. In copying and pasting, however, it was revealed. So they've been asking all along. Now they're publishing it openly on the web page. That's pretty bold if you ask me. Guys, here's a way for us to achieve more publicity. Every guy who buys Naturalizer shoes should take the time to go to the web site and review them, and by all means put MALE in the gender box. And you might thank them in a separate email for recognizing their male customers openly. I know I will! Steve

Steve, You are correct about Naturalizer courting men to wear their shoes. I go to their outlet store in another city once in a while. I have spoken with the manager on a few occasions and she has told me that they sell their shoes to many men. Only once when I was there did I see a man looking at their shoes but did not see him actually trying on shoes. I always try on some of their shoes. I have seen shoes there that are not in their catalog or web site. In fact late last fall, I ordered a pair called "Frances", a low heel, slip-on, block heel about 2" in a med navy blue. The heels were not the appeal to me. The blue color was the appealing issue of those shoes. With the 20% coupon, free shipping to my house they cost me about $21.00. A great buy. I wore them once on a Sunday with navy blue pants, tan dress shirt with tie, blue check sportcoat and navy color knee-hi hose. It looked good and I did receive a couple of positive compliments on my outfit. Happy heeling, bluejay

Hi guys, yes I like Naturalizer too. I have two pair of Naturalizer sandals that I wear often. The Naturalizer store folks in my area say that guys come in the store and shop shoes, no big deal. I have sent Naturalizer an email telling them that I am a guy, that I enjoy wearing their shoes, and thank them for carrying the "larger" sizes. They sent a canned response, but it was a response nonetheless. Take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Funny story: Last night I went to a pub with my wife and her sorority sister, we'll call S. Another sorority sister, we'll call C, was working in the kitchen, and she's a great cook, so we like to go there. The waitress, P, seated us and confirmed that C was working in the kitchen that night. We placed our order, and P came back and said that C (who knows of my passion for heels) told her to ask to see my shoes. I backed out from the table and showed her I had on a pair of black Naturalizer Vitality pumps (google them - I can't upload the pic again) with a thick 3.5" heel, and a wide elastic over the instep, kind of like a bootie. The waitress said, "Oh, those are very nice." S complimented me, too. A while later C got off work and came by our house for a short visit. She said that P told her, "Those shoes were fabulous - I WANT A PAIR LIKE THEM!" We all had a good laugh. I thought that was pretty cool, and worth sharing! What a great night! S, by the way, is a shoe collector herself and shares my passion for heels, although I've seen her in flats and sandals a lot more than heels. She refers to herself as my wife's sorority sister and MY shoe sister! LOL Steve

I went to pickup my Naturalizer shoes that the Naturalizer store had on hold for me. I could now use the 30% off coupon and I made it a heeling event. My shoes were the Daquiri sandal slide in beige. Tonight I wore, my Metrostyle boot cut womens jeans, Izod polo shirt in black and since it was cold out (about 32*F) added my mid-weight leather jacket. I paired this outfit with my Born western style boots(womens) in black with a 3" block heel and black trouser socks. I topped this off with my black leather newsboy cap. I also wore lots of jewelery, including watch, gold matching necklace and bracelet and several finger rings on my fingers. I entered the mall at the Macy's store saw they were having some great sales in the men's department, and thought I would return to Macy's after picking up my shoes. As I entered the Naturalizer store the male clerk greeted me by name and said that I have your shoes all set aside. He brought them out and rang up the sale. The shoes were originally $89.00 and were on sale for $69.00 less the 30% off coupon, they cost me $51.00 and change. It was worth the trip back for the nice savings. The other woman clerk came out from the back and since I was the only customer in the store said I like your heeled boots. I said that they were not Naturalizer's but were Born. He replied that Born is also a very good shoe. I told him that after I left the store on Sunday, that I bought a pair of Born heeled mules on closeout from DSW Shoes and that I got a pair of $90.00 Born mules for $21.00. The woman clerk replied that was even a better deal than I got here tonight. We talked a bit more, especially about the change in weather this week from last week when the temps were in the 80's for highs and last night we got 2" of snow, I told them that I would have to wait awhile before I could wear my new sandals. We bid each other a good evening upon which he replied see you soon. I said that I am sure you will and the next time I am in I will definitely will be wearing a pair of my Naturalizer shoes. I am also going to post a review on their site about my new sandals as soon as I get a chance to wear them out. I returned to the Macy's store and purchased some new ties that were on sale for 60-70% off and with my Macy's reward card got an additional 20% off the purchase. I also picked out a new VanHusen dress shirt (Lilac color) and a dark purple with white stripes tie to wear with my Easter outfit next Sunday.(I will give a full report on that heeling event in my "Heeling with bluejay" post) All the items that I purchased from Macy's were at quite a savings tonight. As I paid for my items tonight and thanked the male clerk about 30, he said that he liked my boots that I was wearing. I thanked him for the compliment and raised my jean up to fully reveal my heel. Another nice heeling event wearing heels to buy heels! Happy Heeling bluejay

showed her I had on a pair of black Naturalizer Vitality pumps (google them - I can't upload the pic again) with a thick 3.5" heel, and a wide elastic over the instep, kind of like a bootie

You mean these ?

Yes, those are the ones. I have already uploaded that picture once and the forum wouldn't let me do it again. Thanks for posting it.

Steve

Steve, I have a similar shoe like that from the "Clarks Artisian" line. I find them very comfortable to wear with the thicker heel.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Just bought a pair of Naturalizer "Glassy" Knee high boots. They run alittle narrow, but never the less, fit great and are so comfortable. With the 3" stacked heel, no one even notices. I love the round toe, thus making my size 12, look a lot shorter. Great with jeans !!!

Moldbuildr, I have a pair of those boots. They are great. I reported on them when I got them over a year ago. Do a search for "Naturalizer Glassy" and you'll see all the posts and photos about this particular boot. Meanwhile, enjoy wearing them everywhere. Nobody notices. From the front they look very masculine. If you want to be noticed, wear them with your pants or jeans tucked in. Steve

Just bought a pair of Naturalizer "Glassy" Knee high boots. They run alittle narrow, but never the less, fit great and are so comfortable. With the 3" stacked heel, no one even notices. I love the round toe, thus making my size 12, look a lot shorter. Great with jeans !!!

I actually bought a pair of Glassy boots as well. Unfortunately, the initial pair I bought was an 11 M, and they were too small for me. So I went on-line and found a 12 M, and they were too big. What I probably needed was the 11 W, but after already trying twice, I gave up. Too bad, as I think I would have enjoyed wearing those out and about. Not only were they not overly obvious, they were also very quiet, which I did appreciate!

I have gone to the Naturalizer outlet store and have tried on a couple pairs of shoes there, but I don;t think that was noted by the clerk. My guess is, however, that she wouldn't have had a problem with it. My biggest probelm with their shoes is size. While I can wear some 11s, their's tend to run a bit on the small side for me. So I need a 12, and while about every one of their shoes is available in a 12 on line, they have very very few in the store.

Yesterday I received an order I placed online last weekend for Naturalizer Kalei sandals (30% off). They fit perfectly and look decent with jeans, so I'm quite happy with them. I wrote up a review and they approved it and posted it today. And of course they listed my gender male. The shoe and the review are at:

http://www.naturalizer.com/en-US/Product/EC0228881-3009933/Naturalizer/Black+Leather/Kalei.aspx

But that link won't be good forever, so here's what I said:

"These Kalei sandals (in black) are fabulous! They were comfortable from the very start when I first tried them on. I muttered a "wow" when I felt the soft cushioned footbed, which is perfectly shaped for my foot and fits my arch perfectly. The sandal goes great with long bootcut jeans and slacks. The rubber sole provides good traction and the platform and medium heel are stable and secure. The only thing that keeps me from giving them a 10 is the white stitching - it's uneven in one place on the strap and it looks a bit odd, but some black shoe dye will fix it easily. I predict that I'll wear these sandals a lot this summer! I'm a fashion-forward male who wears clothes and shoes from both sides of the aisle with my wife's total approval (I always present myself as strictly male). I've been buying some of the more unisex styled Naturalizer shoes for years, and they are a favorite brand of mine. Thanks for another great design, Naturalizer!"

Pros: comfortable, versatile, stylish, flexible, cushioning, well made, straps just right, great to walk in

Cons: white stitching uneven in places

Yes, I recommend this product."

Here is a pic of the sandals. I know they won't appeal to everyone, but I like them and that's all that matters.

post-19919-133522979851_thumb.jpg

Bluejay,

I haven't seen a review from you on the Naturalizer Daquiri sandals you bought. Have you had a chance to wear them yet? How do you like them?

Steve

Steve, I have not worn my new Naturalizer Daquiri out yet. Much too cold for sandals now. Two weeks ago when the temps were in the 80's, could of worn them but not as yet. I will post when I wear them out and write a review for Naturalizer too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Today I wore my new Naturalizer "Frances" slip on loafer, for the first time, that I purchased last fall from the Naturalizer Outlet store. They are a dark blue patent leather look, slip on with a 2" block heel. They were a bit tight in the toe box but after wearing them for over 3 hours they did stretch to fit better. They are not very feminine looking, but I bought them strictly for their color, that I could wear with blue and navy outfits. I will be posting on my thread " Healing with bluejay" later on my outfit that I wore today. I tried to post a review on the Naturalizer site but could not bring them up. They are not listed on their website or in their retail stores. I only saw them at the outlet store last fall, where I purchased them. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I googled them and couldn't find them either. Sounds like a discontinued style or maybe you have the name wrong. Got a photo?

Steve

Steve, the name is correct. It's on the box. I tried to find that out when I bought them last November. The style is in the outlet store as of two weeks ago. I will try to post a picture. I tried to post 2 pictures on my latest post on Sunday, April 15, 2012 "Heeling with bluejay", but HHP would not upload the pictures to my post. They were totally new and have never been posted before! The pictures showed my new Naturalizer "Frances" shoes. I will try again with a new picture when I get time to take the picture.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Bluejay, Thanks for posting the pics. Those loafers look very good and go well with the slacks and blazer. Nothing particularly feminine about them and most people would never guess they were women's. Wear them proudly - I know you will! Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bluejay,

I haven't seen a review from you on the Naturalizer Daquiri sandals you bought. Have you had a chance to wear them yet? How do you like them?

Steve

Steve,

Yesterday, Sunday May 20, 2012, I wore my new Naturalizer "Daquiri" sandals for the first time. It was a very warm day and I paired them with capris and a polo shirt combo for the day (Read my post , Heeling with bluejay). Later that afternoon I wore them with a pair of shorts and made a post about them on the General Fashion Thread "Wearing heels and shorts". I did like them very much and they were very comfortable to wear. Even my wife agreed. I tried to post a review on the Naturalizer site about them but was unable to do so. I will notify Naturalizer about that problem. I posted a review recently on Aerosoles "Tapestry" red pumps which I bought recently from ShoeBuy.com, but have not seen that review posted as yet. In that review I thanked Aerosoles for making their shoes appealing to men too. I hope that the review will be posted on their site.

Happy Heeling,

bluerjay

Bluejay, I was just looking on the Naturalizer site today (slow day at the office!), and wondered if you had posted a review yet. I found nothing, unfortunately. Give it a day or two more and let's see if they come around. A couple of weeks ago I got an email newsletter from them and one column was written by the manager of retailing, or some such title. I wrote an email to the company and in the subject mentioned that it should be forwarded to her. I told her that I was a fashion forward male who liked some of their shoes and had bought a number of them over the years, etc. I received no answer so far. I checked out the Aerosoles Tapestry pumps and they look very tempting. There were only two reviews - one from October and one from February - and neither one appeared to be from you. They've published my reviews before, where I disclosed that I was male, and I hope they publish yours too. Please post if they do, as I might not remember to check. Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you like the Daquiri sandals. Those are tempting, too. Enjoy wearing them! Steve

Bluejay,

I was just looking on the Naturalizer site today (slow day at the office!), and wondered if you had posted a review yet. I found nothing, unfortunately. Give it a day or two more and let's see if they come around.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email newsletter from them and one column was written by the manager of retailing, or some such title. I wrote an email to the company and in the subject mentioned that it should be forwarded to her. I told her that I was a fashion forward male who liked some of their shoes and had bought a number of them over the years, etc. I received no answer so far.

I checked out the Aerosoles Tapestry pumps and they look very tempting. There were only two reviews - one from October and one from February - and neither one appeared to be from you. They've published my reviews before, where I disclosed that I was male, and I hope they publish yours too. Please post if they do, as I might not remember to check.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear that you like the Daquiri sandals. Those are tempting, too. Enjoy wearing them!

Steve

Steve, I just checked out the Aerosoles at Shoebuy.com. They finally published my review on the Aerosoles "Tapestry" pumps. Check it out. They did not even edit one word!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Steve, I just checked out the Aerosoles at Shoebuy.com. They finally published my review on the Aerosoles "Tapestry" pumps. Check it out. They did not even edit one word!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice review.

If ye wanna sell shoes and get a positive review, a shop shouldn't be picky if it's from a boy or girl.

Well that's my s cents anyway :fine:

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Great review, Bluejay. It's quite clear that you are a guy and married, so I hope that opens a few eyes and educates some more people to the fact that guys can and do wear high heels. I would encourage you to post a similar review on the aerosoles.com web site as well. In fact, that's where I was looking for it. I didn't realize you were going to post the review on the web site of the place where you bought them. Nothing wrong with that, though. It can be on both! Did you buy the Daquiri sandals from Shoebuy.com as well? Where should I look for your review? Again, posting it to Naturalizer.com would be a good idea. And you can post your gender on that site, too. Steve

Great review, Bluejay. It's quite clear that you are a guy and married, so I hope that opens a few eyes and educates some more people to the fact that guys can and do wear high heels. I would encourage you to post a similar review on the aerosoles.com web site as well. In fact, that's where I was looking for it. I didn't realize you were going to post the review on the web site of the place where you bought them. Nothing wrong with that, though. It can be on both!

Did you buy the Daquiri sandals from Shoebuy.com as well? Where should I look for your review? Again, posting it to Naturalizer.com would be a good idea. And you can post your gender on that site, too.

Steve

I bought the Naturalizer "Daquiri" sandals from the Naturalizer store. I still am not able to post a review on the Naturalizer site.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Bluejay, When I submitted my Naturalizer product review on the Kalei sandals a month or two ago, I think it was on a Friday, and they had the review posted by Sunday night. I thought that was unusual, but somebody must mind the web site over the weekend. If I were you, I would submit another review (or the same review if you still have a copy of the text). My guess is that the first one might be lost and they didn't get it. They have never refused to post a review of mine, and I always let it be known that I'm male. So please try again and see what happens. Steve

Bluejay,

When I submitted my Naturalizer product review on the Kalei sandals a month or two ago, I think it was on a Friday, and they had the review posted by Sunday night. I thought that was unusual, but somebody must mind the web site over the weekend. If I were you, I would submit another review (or the same review if you still have a copy of the text). My guess is that the first one might be lost and they didn't get it. They have never refused to post a review of mine, and I always let it be known that I'm male. So please try again and see what happens.

Steve

I will try again. For some reason Naturalizer does not recognize my e-mail address or password. I get e-mails from them all the time. I guess I will have to call them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

My Naturalizer Daquiri sandals came today, and I love them! They are in the natural canvas color, size 11M, and the brown stacked heel is 4" high, with a 3/4" platform. They are easy to walk and stand in, and I look forward to wearing them everywhere. I have them on today with dark denim capri pants and a beige polo shirt. I will wear them around the house today to break them in, and maybe wear them to the office tomorrow. The arch is perfect, the width is perfect, and the fit is outstanding. They really feel good. The only criticism I have is that the front strap could be positioned back just a fraction of an inch so my little toes get under the strap more, but over time the strap should stretch a bit so it doesn't feel like my toes will end out outside the strap. It really isn't a big deal though. I look forward to writing a product review for Naturalizer, too!

Steve, I am glad that you like your Naturalizer "Daquiri" sandals. I like mine very much. I like to wear mine with kahki capris and I did wear them with kahki shorts too. I still will be writing a review on the Naturalizer site. Happy Heeling, bluejay