Do you want attention ?

Pumps

Do you want attention when you heel in public ?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want attention when you heel in public ?

• Yes, bring it on
    • Yes, but only positive
    • No, mind your own business

I've always thought I didn't want attention and always hated to be laughed at, but recently I've been wearing heels a lot without getting any attention to speak of and I'm beginning to find it a bit boring, so I was beginning to wonder if I really DO want attention. How about you ?

I don't care so much about attention. I really want respect or at least polite tolerance. I certainly don't want BAD attention (laughing, pointing, giggling, news cameras, helicopters with spotlights, that sort of thing). That's just plain rude. Steve

I do want attention when wearing my boots, secretly hoping others, especially guys will secretly think I look good...Perhaps a little jealous...I sat down at a table in the mall during my last boot outing and crossed my legs, but seems like everyone was too busy shopping to notice... Kind of a double edge sword, I do want positive attention, but admittedly frightened about negative comments from guys...

I said "Yes, bring it on". But it's more to be noticed than attracting attention, to be seen.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Meh.. could care less either way. I voted ' No ' because I just really couldnt carer less if there is attention or not. Doesnt make a difference..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

When you're out and about in women's shoes (and, sometimes, in my case, heels and a skirt), you're going to get attention, whether you like it or not, whether you want it or not. So, you have no choice but to deal with it, the good, the bad and everything inbetween.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear heels because I enjoy it. Wearing high heel sandals for me, is an enjoyable fun experience. Plus they look nice (nicer than some drab mens shoes), and generally are comfortable. Sometimes folks notice and comment, but most of the time no one notices. Do I want the attention? No, I just enjoy being out in heels.

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Absolutely, that's the whole point in wearing heels. At the end of the day when a woman goes out in a skyscraper pair of heels, it,s as much to make a statement and to be noticed as to also feel good. So I really enjoy wearing heels and that's as much how the shoes look as anything else, and yes I am quite discreet when out and about, but it is most certainly gratifying when I am noticed in heels. Bad comments are unwanted, but other than teens or gangs of youths sniggering the majority of people are only positive in their comments, especially the men. So yes I do like to be noticed and hopefully make a positive impression of men wearing heels.

I don't want it but I also don't mind it. But I do wear my trousers a good bit over the heel so it's not super visible I wear heels. But I soooo enjoy the puzzled look, the eyebrows going up etc. In the end I'm a mixed bag :wavey:

• Like 1

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Before I wore my heels in public all I could think was "what if someone notices?" but now most of the time I'm heeling it's usually "has anyone even noticed I'm wearing heels?" (sometimes it feels like the story "The Emperor's New Clothes").

The occasional compliment (or even just a smile) would be nice, although I make a point of looking out for opportunities to give compliments and hope that what goes around comes around. Also reactions don't have to be positive - a gasp, giggle or perplexed curiosity is to be expected and is at least a sign that people's preconceptions are being challenged (and maybe even re-evaluated), but rudeness is inexcusable.

• Like 1

If you like it, wear it.

Before I wore my heels in public all I could think was "what if someone notices?" but now most of the time I'm heeling it's usually "has anyone even noticed I'm wearing heels?" (sometimes it feels like the story "The Emperor's New Clothes").

The occasional compliment (or even just a smile) would be nice, although I make a point of looking out for opportunities to give compliments and hope that what goes around comes around. Also reactions don't have to be positive - a gasp, giggle or perplexed curiosity is to be expected and is at least a sign that people's preconceptions are being challenged (and maybe even re-evaluated), but rudeness is inexcusable.

A very nice outlook SleekHeels. It will be eventually rewarded.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I wear them because I like to, I rarely get noticed but I don't expose the heel massively but as I walk it's clear I have heels on. I do love the bemused look but it comes down to what we always say nobody really notices or cares so reaction won't be great.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I answered yes, without question. In reflecting a little bit upon myself, I think that my confidence has grown since I started wearing heels in public on a semi-regular basis. Positive or negative, I have become accustomed to getting the attention. Thankfully, the response of those who notice has mostly been positive :unsure:

My answer would be no, but a nice comment is welcome. Trying not getting noticed if you're 79.13" tall - without heels - is very hard :mecry: And then add some 6" Stilettos... You will be noticed! And all I want is doing my everyday jobs in heels :unsure:

I suppose I do want some attention otherwise nobody will be educated as to different fashion tastes. Being noticed goes hand-in-hand with being accepted as you are and not how some want you to be. Ultimately we all want to be noticed for our positive and creative traits! HappyinHeels

Isn't it a bit strange to wear different garments or shoes for the sake of fashion yet not wanting attention ?

That's a good point. It's right that we shouldn't prejudge and discriminate against people based on their appearance, but you're right, at the same time we choose to wear the things we do in order to express our identity and say something about ourselves.

If you like it, wear it.

If I had the guts to wear sexy heels in public,I would love people to look,but only have positive comments,would be heavenly.It would be an absolute nightmare for me to be in public and be ridiculed.It can be a cruel world out there.

Shinysoles, Give it a go. I wear 'sexy' heels openly and I don't hide them. I wear skirts because I prefer the look of legs and heels -even on myself. I recently wore a minidress and very high red stilettos with no negativity. Bewildermint is abound - but nothing negative. Its all about my confidence. I enjoy the attention - but anyone who wears heels like mine is going to get attention. I also do this as a guy - I am not into false parts/ wigs/ make up etc... soI'm a bit of a mix-up but thats my choice. I like feminine clothing because all my experiments with heels and guys clothes look bulky and unfitted in my mind - and if I want to show some ankle or lower leg then everything just doesn't work for me unless I wear more fitted and traditionally feminine top half styling as well. Cheers Heel-Lover

• Like 2

The main reasons I wear high heels is because they look much better than men's shoes and it makes me feel good. When I go out in heels I stay in the pocket, because I want to avoid nrgative attention. On the other hand, I would be pleased to receive some positive remarks. The reality is that I don't get any reactions at all. But you can't be noticed only by the open minded people with sincere interest.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

• 2 weeks later...

I thought long and hard about it and I really don't want attention, but on the other hand if nothing happens there's really nothing to tell you guys about. I recently took another theater trip, this time also with my niece along. I went to a restaurant and the theater and no bad reactions at all in fact I didn't even notice anyone take notice of my shoes. Kinda cool, but also not much to tell. :unsure:

I have recently been bolder in public with heels, buying heels with heels on, pumping gas with heels on, and yesterday buying a sandwich with heels on. In the sandwich shop, Cappriotti's, three women were sitting by the register waiting for their sandwiches and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of them notice my black high heel sandals and my shimmering pink toenails. I could see her gesturing to her friends "look". They didn't say anything and I preceded on my merry way. I must admit it was a bit of a rush! I think I'd rather have women notice me rather than men.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A year or so ago, I would have said 'definitely not!' to the OP's question. I wanted to wear modest, discreet heels for my own fulfilment and not to attract attention. That remains the case but I realise that my street-heeling can never be totally invisible and I have 'noticed being noticed' on several occasions - always by a woman and accompanied by a quizzical look rather than any obvious condemnation. But, with a little more confidence gained through practise and a growing belief that many high heel fashions can look good (as well as feel good) when worn by a man, I don't really mind if I attract some attention. Indeed, I want my public appearance and behaviour to be accepted as being perfectly normal (don't we all?) so I must first be noticed before I can be judged. To my mind, a good test is to go supermarket shopping in a male outfit with heels on show (i.e. not completely hidden) and behave just like any other shopper - and stand confidently in line with women dressed much as I am, e.g. in jeans and boots with 3 - 4" cuban or block heels. I am almost there - the remaining step is to wear shorter jeans to reveal the heels properly!