The Lollipop Shoes

I'm just enjoying Joanne Harris's book, the sequel to Chocolat. Just wanted to share this, because I loved the picture so much. "She came in early today, just as Anouk was leaving for school. I left her alone for less than an hour - just time enough to take Rosette for a walk - and when I got back the place looked brighter, somehow; less cluttered, more attractive. She'd changed the display in the shop window, spreading a swatch of dark-blue velvet on to the pyramid of tins that filled it, and on top she had placed a pair of bright-red, shiny high-heeled shoes, brimming over with foil-wrapped chocolates in red and gold. The effect is eccentric, but arresting nevertheless. The shoes - the same red shoes she was wearing on that first day - seem to shine in the dark shop window, and the sweets like buried treasure spill across the velvet in cubes and fragments of coloured light. 'I hope you don't mind,' said Zozie, as I came in. 'I thought it could do with a bit of a lift.' 'I like it,'I said. 'Shoes and chocolates...' Zozie grinned. 'Twin passions of mine.'" I'm only half way through, but I urge you to read this wonderful book. A picture is worth a thousand words, and Joanne Harris paints pictures with her words. (And she name drops shamelessly, which makes me love her more.)