Photo Alert - Daily Mail 05/11/03

In yesterdays Daily Mail Newspaper were two Items of heeling interest:

A superb full length shot of Eddie Izzard in a leather mini skirt with a fab pair of Black High heeled knee length boots. Aparently he was spotted at an exhibition called Braveheart which celebrated men in Skirts.

The other item was to do with a fashion show where the top lady tennis players were modelling. There was some great pictures of the Williams sisters , Venus wearing some Chanel type heeled pumps and Serena wearing High heeled sandles. Jeniffer Capriati was wearing Black pumps with fishnet type stockings and Kim Kluivers the Belgian player wearing a nice pair of Black boots.

Unfortunately the paper wasnt mine so I am unable to scan it - can anyone else be able to do this?

Also unrelated to this, I havent been able to display most of the pictures posted on the forum for several days - I think they may be ones from the picture server the forum uses, can anyone suggest how i might be able to fix this or direct me to a thread- thanks!!

STOP PRESS

Ive managed to find a link to the Izzard story:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/showbiz/articles/7525756?source=Evening%20Standard and a picture.

Posted Image

And Here are some of the fashion show pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I don't know much about Eddie Izzard except what I have read here, and I am sure that was him in Shadow of the Vampire, but he's exactly the kind of 'daring' the world could use to help break some silly ideas. Okay, I think his shoulders are a bit broad for the outfit, but he carries it off well enough.

Although I have never heard of Eddie, I do admire his style and guts. I checked out his web site and it appears that he is a stand-up comic, and actor.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Yes, being one of our British entertainers, Eddie Izzard describes himself as a "Comedian, an actor and transvestite". I've not seen him perform in his stand-up comedy role, but his acting is excellent in a variety of roles from very straight to very off-the-wall. It's refreshing to see such an openly unashamed transvestite carrying things off with such confidence and assurance that everone accepts him and I have never seen any criticisms of him, even from the "conservative" community. Confidence and assurance is always the key. Eddie never looks furtive or unsure or insecure. His approach has not only gained him general acceptance, but has furthered his career no end. Lily Savage is another example of a highly successful British show-biz personality, although that is slightly different because that is a fully-blown drag act rather than Eddie's appearances as an obviously-male transvestite not trying to be a convincing woman or to fool anybody. Somewhere on these forums there are other pictures of Eddie in heels. Maybe under "Celebrities in Heels" or similar. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The Hostess of the USA's National Public Radio program "Fresh Air," Teri Gross, did an interview with Eddie Izzard last year (2002). You can it at: http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1142353

and another one from 1996 at http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1008022

I think you are supposed to be able to listen to them if you have Real Radio installed.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.