ABC Nightline

Steve63130

kneehighs, The thought occurred to me that perhaps all you need do is have Cassandra go on a shoe shopping trip of sorts where she visits stores from Bakers to Macys to DSW and Nordstrom and she asks the sales people in those stores about men coming in to buy heels. What will follow will be a fairly accurate and unbiased account based on what each associate sees in their store. Mainstream stores like these probably see around 5-10% of all their higher heels being sold to men or to women for use by men but these figures are probably above 20% for lingerie stores or online stores. Just show her sites like snaz75.com or electriqueboutique.com which has size charts for woman to man shoe sizes and that pretty well makes the case. It's an idea but one easily proved. HappyinHeels

Bah! Old testament law, doesn't apply unless your Jewish. If you're a christian and believe that crap, you have failed to grasp the meaning of the new covenant (testament). New supersedes the old. Fundamentalist christians may argue this, but they are your bible thumping nutjobs. Mental christians would be more accurate.

FYI: I'm a christian and I know this is wrong.

If you take that verse literally, you would also have to take the rest of the chapter literally. I hope those who insist on its literal application also have a parapet on their roof, wear clothes without mixed materials and with tassles on them, kill a woman who is not a virgin when she gets married, etc., etc. Interesting too that the chapter ends with a mention of a father's skirt!

I think a good way of understanding it in our era is through the phrase, 'She wears the trousers.'

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

If you take that verse literally, you would also have to take the rest of the chapter literally. I hope those who insist on its literal application also have a parapet on their roof, wear clothes without mixed materials and with tassles on them, kill a woman who is not a virgin when she gets married, etc., etc. Interesting too that the chapter ends with a mention of a father's skirt!

Stupid me. I always thought it said: "Thou shalt not kill".

So much for taking things literally.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

There are scenarios in the old testament where it is actually called for to stone people to death, in the case of adultery for example. But that is off topic. It is also off topic to quote the bible at all, especially the old testament as it is not relevant to modern life, culture nor society. The content of the OT is only to support the new. As the saying goes: "Within the Old is the New concealed and within the New is the Old revealed". Now, can we please get this thread back on topic?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes back on topic. Has anyone heard any more from Cassandra? I haven't heard a peep this week.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard back from Cassandra after our phone conversation. This doesn't mean the story idea is dead though, could just be she's waiting till New York Fashion Week to investigate just how serious a "trend" or lack thereof, the men in heels phenomena truly is.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

ABC has made a little progress. An affiliate station WEWS Channel 5 TV from Cleveland has visited me and done an hour long interview on the subject of men's legwear - tights, pantyhose, stockings, etc. - which will no doubt be edited to about 30 seconds. I've done a lot of radio and TV interviews before, but I was impressed by the reporter, who asked a lot of good serious questions. I'm always concerned the story will somehow be twisted to try to be funny (it's usually sophomoric humor - Robin Hood, men in tights, that sort of thing), and I warned the producer that it's been done before and they'd do much better with a serious angle (wearing hose for benefits as opposed to fashion). We'll see what they come up with. But remember, their primary goal is to entertain; their secondary goal is to report news. The story is supposed to air at 11 pm on Thursday, May 10, and it should be posted on their web site. I'll try to email Cassandra this week and see if Nightline has any interest in pursuing a story on high heels. Could be she's a bit freaked out, who knows? Steve

Whatever happens, happens. I don't need it for my sake but some others do.

• Like 1

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

ABC has made a little progress. An affiliate station WEWS Channel 5 TV from Cleveland has visited me and done an hour long interview on the subject of men's legwear - tights, pantyhose, stockings, etc. - which will no doubt be edited to about 30 seconds. I've done a lot of radio and TV interviews before, but I was impressed by the reporter, who asked a lot of good serious questions. I'm always concerned the story will somehow be twisted to try to be funny (it's usually sophomoric humor - Robin Hood, men in tights, that sort of thing), and I warned the producer that it's been done before and they'd do much better with a serious angle (wearing hose for benefits as opposed to fashion). We'll see what they come up with. But remember, their primary goal is to entertain; their secondary goal is to report news. The story is supposed to air at 11 pm on Thursday, May 10, and it should be posted on their web site.

I'll try to email Cassandra this week and see if Nightline has any interest in pursuing a story on high heels. Could be she's a bit freaked out, who knows?

Steve

I could only hope Channal 5 takes it a bit seriously, but I would understan your doubts. Too bad it will be at 11:00 PM - may get rerun in the morning as a spice up to Traffic and weather. I'll be at work so let us know when the story hits. I'll have to check it out online.

Well, as the old saying goes, "no news is good news.". A couple of scenarios come to mind. One proffered by KH that she's waiting for New York fashion week and the other is that she might have been frightened by getting more information than she ever thought was out there. And as a result, she has decided to set back, think about it, sift through what she has and take it from there. As far as Fashion week is concerned, perhaps she might like to shadow KH as he works to get first hand flavor of what direction the fashion scene is taking. What ever direction she chooses, however, there's more than one good story there.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Night Line is an ABC network show and is broadcast nationwide. Just consult your local ABC outlet's TV listings to learn when you should tune in.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

ABC has made a little progress. An affiliate station WEWS Channel 5 TV from Cleveland has visited me and done an hour long interview on the subject of men's legwear - tights, pantyhose, stockings, etc. - which will no doubt be edited to about 30 seconds. I've done a lot of radio and TV interviews before, but I was impressed by the reporter, who asked a lot of good serious questions. I'm always concerned the story will somehow be twisted to try to be funny (it's usually sophomoric humor - Robin Hood, men in tights, that sort of thing), and I warned the producer that it's been done before and they'd do much better with a serious angle (wearing hose for benefits as opposed to fashion). We'll see what they come up with. But remember, their primary goal is to entertain; their secondary goal is to report news. The story is supposed to air at 11 pm on Thursday, May 10, and it should be posted on their web site.

I'll try to email Cassandra this week and see if Nightline has any interest in pursuing a story on high heels. Could be she's a bit freaked out, who knows?

Steve

Steve. I am hoping that this article of yours will be on ABC Nightline on Thursday, May 10, 2012. I certainly will be looking forward to watching this on Thursday night.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Wait a second, Bluejay! Clarification: The legwear news interview is NOT scheduled for ABC Nightline. It's scheduled for Cleveland WEWS Channel 5 TV 11 pm news. It will be on their web site, too, at http://www.newsnet5.com/

ABC Nightline inquired about mantyhose a few weeks ago, but nothing more has come of it.

Steve

All, I'd like to give out Today's Shakespearean Award for Articulation to Steve63130 for pointing out how TV news outlets are primarily there to entertain and secondarily to "report" the news. It is all about ratings and paying the bills. If fourteen people are watching your ratings are low and advertisers look elsewhere sort of what happens to msnbc. Like or hate them FoxNews has very high ratings because they get the bills paid and the advertisers want to stay with a winner. Long gone are the days of "hard-hitting" journalism of the caliber Edward R. Murrow was known for. A high-school student could do a better job at tv journalism than what I see today. If Cassandra really lives in the buble that is NYC them she should not be freaked out by anything that Steve said. Most journalists are liberals or "progressives" as they fancy themselves which means they should be very accepting right?? The proof will be in the production. I too hope they do a decent piece and don't turn it into a hopeless attempt at second-rate late schtick. HappyinHeels

• Like 2

Steve, I logged on the Channel 5 News site on your post and read the report on your Manihose. I think that it came across ok. Only one comment on the news article so far. At least you got your point across about the benefit of weating Manihose. Thanks for the time you spent on that report. Happy Heeling, bluejay

You're welcome, Bluejay, and thanks for the compliment. I think the interview went ok, too. In the future, I think I'll require the interviewer to wear a pair for a day before the interview. You can't see it in the video very well, but when I showed my nyloned foot to the camera, I was wearing Eurosoft black clogs with 3" heels. Steve

Call me stupid, but just how do you get to that specific report?

Same here. I even did a search on their site for mantyhose and other search terms and came up with zilch.

Same here. I even did a search on their site for mantyhose and other search terms and came up with zilch.

We are talking Cleveland here - - gotta think like one.

Just found it - haven't even checked it out yet

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/Mantyhose-Can-it-give-you-more-energy-and-will-it-become-a-fashion-trend-among-men

We are talking Cleveland here - - gotta think like one.

Just found it - haven't even checked it out yet

http://www.newsnet5....trend-among-men

Thanks Heelster. I must say it is a very positive segment and really shows some great testimonials as to the advantage in wearing them. Rock on Steve!

Thanks Heelster. I must say it is a very positive segment and really shows some great testimonials as to the advantage in wearing them. Rock on Steve!

I'd have to agree although having watched this news team on and off over the years, you could tell they were dropping little jokes amongst themselves. I kinda think the female reporter Danita was really wanting to challenge the guys to "try it" in a joking manner