Skirt sizes - need comparisons

Heelster

I discovered a couple years ago that when the summer heat gets too damned hot, but I kinda need to be wearing something - denim mini skirts fit the bill. Keep in mind I'm likely to never be out in public in one of these, they are perfect for around the house. I had picked up a couple of these thru garage sales and thrift shops, but they always seem to be a size 11 juniors. The couple other ones I have (not denim) just say large. So if I'm going to a store, what's the approximate size comparison between 11 juniors and womens sizes. I can see it's gonna be a damned hot summer as we are 40 degree's above normal on the first day of spring.

The best thing is to always have a piece of measuring tape with you. When you put the skirt flat and measure the waist in cm (that is then half the circumference) you get the German size which is nowadays used in most of the European continent. By comparing with American sizes you can make your own conversion table. This gives you a rough indication about the fit, because some material with stretch more than other. For most skirts I need (in these sizes) 42, but sometimes I hit on one that is stiffer and I need 44. Once you know this trick and you know your European size, all you need is measuring tape. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Right back a few years I always brought a dressmakers tape with me to check the skirt size. But for me it was a way to not make it so obvious who I was buying for and I did not wear a skirt into the store. So now I do wear a skirt into the store and now I take the skirt and stretch from my navel to the spine to check for fit.