wearing heels in publc

wxman25

congrats!

now then, we can do a little better than pay less can't we??

I know what you mean but today I went to target the largest size they had was a 10 then to shoe carnival they had a couple in 11 but I need a 12-13 so no luck. Than to a full service shoe store that advertises up to size 12 and they had only men staff and when I said that I was looking for a size 12 heels for myself they told me that they dont carry any I think that they do but did not want to be bothered. So it is back to Payless. They have some shoes in the larger sizes and the staff will help me.

5inchwedge, Don't know why they list ADULT in the drop down meny when they list MEN'S and WOMEN'S sizes if you click the size chart button. What IS interesting is that I clicked on the "komet" pump in tan and every size above 10 is sold out online. This includes 11,11W, 12, 12W, 13, 13W. Maybe MEN really are making a run on Payless!? I certainly know my research talking to saleswomen from Bakers to DSW to Macy's has shown more men than ever are openly buying high heels. HappyinHeels:wavey:

5inchwedge,

Don't know why they list ADULT in the drop down meny when they list MEN'S and WOMEN'S sizes if you click the size chart button. What IS interesting is that I clicked on the "komet" pump in tan and every size above 10 is sold out online. This includes 11,11W, 12, 12W, 13, 13W. Maybe MEN really are making a run on Payless!? I certainly know my research talking to saleswomen from Bakers to DSW to Macy's has shown more men than ever are openly buying high heels. HappyinHeels:wavey:

That is good news indeed for many who are hesitant to join in on the public heeling.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have been wearing heels in private for years, secretly away from my wife. Was discovered and she wasn't pleased. Now I only do it secretly in my car. I have recently worn them in public pumping gas. After joining this site I have just gotten the courage to wear them shopping at DSW today!! They were a pair of black platform peep toe pumps from MODA Spana with 4" heels. I was a bit nervous but I thought what do I care what other people think, this is what makes me feel good and it is what I want to do. I walked calmly to the door where two ladies were just leaving and I think they noticed but they just smiled. I walked through the store to the back clearance rack and relatively calmly tried on some shoes. They didn't have anything I had to have, so I left. I'm not sure if anyone noticed me in the store but I don't think I would have cared. It was quite a rush! My heart was pumping. I almost went into ULTA with them on to get some nail polish but chickened out and wore flip flops with my painted toe nails instead. I can't wait to shop at DSW again! It should be easier next time.

Well done wishicould ! I noticed this is your first post here, so welcome to HH-Place ! You are right. It will be easier next time and after a while, no big deal anymore. It is quite unfortunate you wife was not pleased about the fact you are wearing heels. Maybe it is because you hide it from her for some time ? Hoping she will realize you are still the same person even if you like to wear heels. Heels are only shoes after all. And wearing them is not against any law... As I said in another thread, life is too short. Do what you like to do while you still can and enjoy. Happy heeling !

First, WELCOME to the forum wishicould.

DSW, Payeless, Nordstrom Rack are all great places to shop. Their goal is to sell shoes not offend the customers.

Your comment, “I was a bit nervous but I thought what do I care what other people think, this is what makes me feel good and it is what I want to do.” Sounds like you have the right attitude about heeling in public. It does get easier each time… not because the shoes are “more broken in”, rather, your head is “more broken in”.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. this is a perfect 100th post for me.

I needed to go to Lowe's to get some screws plus is wanted to go to the local Payless. Since i was going to be trying on sandels I of course needed to paint my toes. so I painted them a pink color. However i don't have the "balls" to go into such a manly place as Lowe's with heels on but i did go in with flip flops and painted toes. Not one look or comment. I then went to Payless. I slipped on my crisscross striped wedge heels which perfectly showed my fresh paint and went inside. there were 3 women working and all of them were on the asle i was on. They greeted me and asked if i needed any help. There selection was terrible in 12's so i looked for a few minutes then left. All the women wished me a good day, and i did them. However once i got to the truck then my heart started racing. my right foot was shaking so bad i could bearly drive LOL. Arent you supossed to be scared before you go out in publc? Anyway a long rant but fun never the less. If you want to see the shoes i wore i put a pic of them on here a while back. Thanks for reading.

Hello. this is a perfect 100th post for me.

I needed to go to Lowe's to get some screws plus is wanted to go to the local Payless. Since i was going to be trying on sandels I of course needed to paint my toes. so I painted them a pink color. However i don't have the "balls" to go into such a manly place as Lowe's with heels on but i did go in with flip flops and painted toes. Not one look or comment. I then went to Payless. I slipped on my crisscross striped wedge heels which perfectly showed my fresh paint and went inside. there were 3 women working and all of them were on the asle i was on. They greeted me and asked if i needed any help. There selection was terrible in 12's so i looked for a few minutes then left. All the women wished me a good day, and i did them. However once i got to the truck then my heart started racing. my right foot was shaking so bad i could bearly drive LOL. Arent you supossed to be scared before you go out in publc? Anyway a long rant but fun never the less. If you want to see the shoes i wore i put a pic of them on here a while back. Thanks for reading.

I wear heels when I go to Lowes sometimes. Most people are too busy with their shopping to notice. One time I did get this negative comment from this macho guy wearing cowboy boots in Lowes, when he said "those are real pretty shoes you are wearing" upon which I countered him with, "nice earring your wearing", end of conservation!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually heard that Nine West trainees are required to treat anyone that walks into the stores or outlets the same regardless of gender. I pretty much buy from them because of the service I get every time I walk in the doors. Payless has always been great in my opinion. Never had an issue in any of their stores other than not having my size. Even then I was treated well and told that they would look for a pair in my size and get them in the store so i could try them on. Sadly Bakers has not been very good about customer service and I won't be going back to them anytime soon. Evern a call to the corperate office yielded ridicule and scorn. bleh

Since I foung this site I have been wearing a pair of 3" American eagle booties that i bought from payless almost every day to work. I am also in the camp that my wife does not approve. I usally wear longer boot cut jeans and I have never heard a neg comment. last week I went out for a beer at a local bar and I wore a pair of 5" platform wedge and again no comments. I then went to payless to check out anything new. Since ther job is shoes the sales asoc did notice and the two of us talked about different heels. I have gone out at different times of the day with anything from 3" boots 3" wedges to 5" heels and wedges.