wearing heels in publc

wxman25

With my up coming divorce. I care less and less what peole think of what i'm wearing. FYI We are not getting divorced because of my love for heels. Now that the military is now allowing gays to openly serve. They shoundn't care to much about a straight guy in heels. Recently i have been going to payless. when the lady come over to ask if i needed help i decided the hell with it. and motionied towards the womens shoes. she just smiled and said we just got these new heels in, they are so cute. It wasn't a big deal to her and we talked just like any other people. Today i went back just looking and she came up and greeted me and showed me where the newest styles were. I then for the first time sat down and tried on several pairs of heels and (gasp) flats sorry Dr. Shoe LOL. it was a great feeling and i'm still as i write this nervous. Only when a redneck looking guy walked in did it quickly put my boring man shoes on. I walked up to the counter and said to the lady i would be back later in the week and she said it was great seeing me and new shoes come in on monday. it was so cool.

Payless is great. Out here in CA the clerks are very friendly and helpful as well. I wonder if new hires are "trained" to deal with both male and female customers that are shopping for womens shoes. I have several pairs of sandals from Payless, love 'em.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Great outing! My experience with Payless has always been good. I also like DSW , their staff is always helpful, especially if they see you in heels or know that you wear heels. It's always a pleasure to go to a shoe store that is not worried about a man wearing heels on trying them on in the store. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Walked into a Payless with my wife and found a couple of pairs of heels for myself a few months ago. The girl we were talking to was being trained and the manager pretty much told her that it is normal for guys to come in for heels and just treat them like any customer. She seemed a little surprised but was very friendly.

Chalk up my congratulations there too wxman25, it takes a pretty big pair of cajones to take the step and try-on in public, especially when you enter the store in normal 'male' attire first. Personally, I find shopping for heels while wearing heels so much easier, as in my mind, people already know what I'm about from the moment I walk into the store, so shouldn't get any surprises when I start trying on! Keep on heeling and it'll only be a matter of time before you'll be as comfortable and confident as many of the gents here! Chris

kind of a relief. i know that sounds wierd

That doesn't sound at all weird... it's a brave step but you're right it's a relief afterwards when you think "that wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, actually it was kind of fun". Hope it's the first of many for you.

If you like it, wear it.

I finally have an opportunity to wear my Sam Edelman boots in public tomorrow. A sorority at a local college is sponsoring a "Walk A mile In Her Shoes" event. After the walk I plan to leave them on when I go to my Wednsday night card game. The only question is should I wear them under my bootcut jeans or over my skinny jeans.

Doesn't matter - just wear your boots proudly and have a great time. Take some pics and post a report after it's over. Unfortunately I'm not available tomorrow night, but it sounds like fun. Enjoy yourself! Steve

I have been doing this for over five years. The last three years I wear almost always heels when I go shopping for clothes and shoes. It is very liberating. You are heading for good times, my friend ! Store assistants are almost always friendly. You will find that they mainly share your passion for shoes ...

wxman25, Great opportunity you have! Like steve63130 says, I'd just wear your boots the way you want. Like everyone else has also said you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.Once anyone sees you in heels it WILL tell them what you are about and you'll blend into the background. HappyinHeels

I have gone to payless several times and bought heels and it is easer when you wear heels I dont get caried away usally a pair of 3" when i Shop, but I have bought every pair of 4"-6" pumps they have had but I need a size 13

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to Payless today. i wore my 2in wedge heels and black trouser socks. everything else was male attire. I was very nervous but sucked it up. I got there and the store was closed for 1 more hour. so i went to Cupid's. a fetish store, i went inside looked at heels. they did not have anything in my size so i left. went back to payless. When i got there there were 5 women waiting to go inside. so when the door opened i went inside. the lady said hello to me and i went to the section and begain looking. The lady came over and we talked for several minutes. She showed me several new pairs they had in stock. I tried on several pair. One shopper came over just to watch me. i did not stop what i was doing and she walked off with no comment. I ended up buying two pairs of heels. I got a discount then showed my military card and got another 5% off yay. small steps at a time.

Wxman25, I have the same first paar, the peeptows. Yes they are verry comfortabale. I order them from the internet and had them ship to the store. The girls there told me to try them on what I did infront of other custemers. The girls at Payless know me good and always help me and tell me to try them on at the store. The only problem is that most stores here don't have the size 12th or 13 I need.

wxman25, Did you write a review of your shoes at the Payless site?? If not, give it a try and state that you are a guy. They will post it, at least they have for me in the past. I think it is great that Payless has gals shoes in larger sizes!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

waxman I have a pair of the karman pumps I bought them on sale a long time ago. I wear them in my work shop when ever I can to get more pratice with heels. and I also send in reviews to payless on most of the heels that I get and I always make mention that I am a male and to keep up the good work with the larget sizes.

I was on a road trip back from New Jersey and stopped at a Target in search of heels. I remember seeing large sizes for a good price. I knew I would never run into someone I knew So o went ahead and sat down and tried them on. Perfect fit!!! I purchased them and was looking forward to the entire trip home. I stopped at every rest area to walk around in my heels around people. What a thrill. I walked across parking lots in my 5 inch patent heels with a 1.5" platform. Now whenever I get home from work I put them on and work around the house in my heels. Also, I walked my Pup around my block in my heels and a felt great.

wxman25, Did you write a review of your shoes at the Payless site?? If not, give it a try and state that you are a guy. They will post it, at least they have for me in the past. I think it is great that Payless has gals shoes in larger sizes!!! sf

Yes i just posted several comments on all the pair i have bought.

Ok, so this isn't so much in public...I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this tidbit of randomness. Anyway, I've only ever worn my heels indoors, until last night. I would actually happily wear them outside, but I'm on my feet all day at work, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet. However, last night, we ordered take-away food, and had it delivered. I went out in my boots to collect the meal, just from outside the house, but outside nonetheless. Massive 'Wow, no-one cares' realisation when I'm sure the delivery guy looked, saw and didn't care. So yes, that's my little story. I'll wear them out on a little trip soon, maybe.

JSLS, You have crossed the biggest threshhold there is my friend and that is the one erected in your mind between you and freely expressing yourself. You didn't travel a long physical distance but instead covered a psychological light year in doing what you did. I'm not saying if you went to the mall, say dressed in your avatar boots that you wouldn't get noticed, but what I'm saying is that the fear many have of what MIGHT happen absolutely dwarfs the reality of what actually DOES happen. Do you think people who dye their hair in such vibrant colors have any fear of what others will say?? I regard high heels on men in a similar way. Keep your head high and tell us about your next frontier. HappyinHeels