Walk a mile in her Shoes

SkyScraper

Well if you are in the UK you can walk 5+ miles in her shoes plus pubs and shoe shops along the way by joining one of our outings. No Tee-shirts and banners are needed, but if we all hold the ideals of the valley trauma centre in our hearts, then that would be nice.

I've had a look at the pictures of the marches and in my opinion they don't do the cause of the Valley trauma centre much good or indeed the idea of men in heels much good either. Shorts, hairy knees, football socks and stiletto pumps display little fashion sense and make the whole concept a matter for ridicule. And the idea of the march is anti-rape, not a heel wearing excuse.

I support the work of the Valley Trauma Centre but I don't think it's particularly approriate for guys who want to wear heels to hijack or even cheapen their activities when a main reason for participating is their own wish to have an excuse to wear women's shoes in public. If you support the ideals of the Valley Trauma, then why not email pattidengler@valleytraumacenter.org and ask how you can donate some cash. I reckon that's a more effective way of contributing.

While I agree with the objectives of "Walk a mile," I really don't believe such demonstrations are very productive beyond what little publicity they can generate. The cause is there, people are aware and it will take more than a bunch of men wbbbling down the street wearing t-shirts, shorts and pumps with socks.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 8 years later...