ABCnews October 19, 2011 Men Don High Heels

xray2

"Once they dig their feet into a pair of six-inchers and realize how incredibly awkward it feels, I think most guys will run back to flats," Musto said, musing that the most flattering high heel for a man "would probably be an open-toed one for a quick exit." This made me wonder, has anyone quit wearing high heels? And not because of health/foot problems.

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I - like many - 'purged'. I got rid of everything in a fit of guilt and gave up on heels for a while. I did this several times in fact, only to go running back to them months or years later. As for 'giving up' on heels entirely, why would anyone want to? :wavey:

I've done the same as CR, but for a different reason. Once cause of a move to a new house, another cause I felt guilty for having them. But I'm looking to rebuild the collection from scratch, although a long and enduring road.

Formally "HHDude"

"Assault charges?" I was always taught licking one's wounds helps the enzymes in our saliva kills about 90% of the germs that can harm a wound, while the germs in our saliva, thanks to prolific kissing, are almost ubiquitous, and are already protected against by nearly all human immune systems. Huh! Media idiots, or just individual idiots?

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

This made me wonder, has anyone quit wearing high heels? And not because of health/foot problems.

I stopped wearing my 4" stiletto ankle boots in public a year ago. I proved to myself that I wasn't afraid to push fashion boundaries and just got tired of doing it after a couple of years.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

When ever I feel like wearing my heels out in public some times only one a week. My heels that I wear out are 4" or less. Most of the time it's 3.5" They don't have to be sky high heels, use some common sense.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I guess since I've got more comfortable with the idea of wearing my heels in public I have quit obsessively wearing my heels in unsuitable situations (like if I'm walking any significant distance or in a dark/isolated place I'll change into my flats), but I still enjoy opportunities to wear my heels - I think the feel-good factor is too good for me to ever quit wearing them altogether.

If you like it, wear it.

I've done the same as CR, but for a different reason. Once cause of a move to a new house, another cause I felt guilty for having them.

But I'm looking to rebuild the collection from scratch, although a long and enduring road.

Wow, two purges, and you're only 20! Third time lucky, I hope. Build up your collection in nice time for Thanksgiving this year and see who the turkeys are.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton