Ballet Flats

Jabble

Do you like ballet flats?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ballet flats?

• Yes, and I own at least one pair.
    • Yes, and I will buy my first pair real soon.
    • Yes, but I will never buy them.
    • No.

Nice look Steve. I have some flats that I wear too, not the ballet types. More like canvas slip on's from Sketchers and Nine West. It still gives the feminine look  that I like to present showing off the top of my foot. Just like wearing pumps, with no heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, hernaezjames said:

Thanks jim102

Those flats are about to retire now. Will be buying another soon at payless. 

Check out the Payless Clinton flats and the Carla Snip Toe flats (both pictured on my last post). I really love both of them. They're light weight, have nice foam footbeds, and are a joy to wear. You'll like them, too, I'm sure.

Steve

• Thanks 1

I recently bought two pairs of Crocs's "Kadee" flats, one in black and one in slate gray. They're really comfortable and I recommend them if you like flats. I submitted a review with a photo, under the name Essgkay, and they published it on their web site. You can find it at:

http://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-kadee/11215.html?cgid=women-footwear&cid=060#q=kadee&start=1

Please click on the link, find the review, and "like" it so that fuddyduds who think men shouldn't wear women's shoes are in the minority.

Don't get the impression that I'm giving up heels. No way! But I'm adding flats to my collection as they make good choices from time to time.

Steve

Crocs Kadee black.jpg

Crocs Kadee slate gray.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 3:16 AM, Steve63130 said:

http://www.crocs.com/p/crocs-kadee/11215.html?cgid=women-footwear&cid=060#q=kadee&start=1

Please click on the link, find the review, and "like" it so that fuddyduds who think men shouldn't wear women's shoes are in the minority.

Don't get the impression that I'm giving up heels. No way! But I'm adding flats to my collection as they make good choices from time to time.

Steve

Nice flats from crocs steve. I will be adding some new flats in my collection soon. I agree with you, adding flats make good choices from time to time. Good option when taking a break from heels :)

So I did it, even though I don't like crocs.

On 12/24/2017 at 11:16 AM, Steve63130 said:

I submitted a review with a photo, under the name Essgkay, and they published it on their web site. You can find it at:

But the most LIKED POSITIVE  review is also from a guy...

It's the same review and it's from me. And I thank you for clicking on "like."

Here's another review just published on a pair of "minimalist" ballet flats called "Ballerine" from an Oregon, USA, company called Softstar Shoes. It's at:

http://www.softstarshoes.com/adult-ballerine-flat-1.html

Click on the Reviews tab. It's the one from Essgkay.

Here's a pic of the shoes. They really are comfy once you take the time to break them in.

Steve

Softstar Ballerine Flats black.JPG

Cali,

That's great! Do you always disclose that you're a male? I do. I want shoe suppliers and female readers of those reviews to know I'm an ordinary guy with a passion for women's shoes, and other people in contact with me are okay with it.

Steve

Steve I mostly don't disclose I'm a male, I think in terms of shoes it might be misleading. I don't have the typical male foot, I have a wide toe box and narrow heels. So I might say something more about the arch because I also have very high arches. I read reviews to see want people are saying about the fit. 

Cali,

Thanks for the reply. I accept your explanation and I certainly agree about reading reviews to know what people are saying about the fit. I, too, try to include statements about fit, and also dimensions, weight, features, and other non-controversial points that readers would want to know. If I'm very positive about the shoes, I will definitely mention that I'm male, and encourage other males to buy that style. If I'm negative about the shoe, I don't even post a review because I don't want people thinking, "Of course he didn't like it; it's a woman's shoe!"

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My latest pair of ballet flats is from Payless. It's their "Claudia Snip Toe Flat" in red and black. I bought the black in Size 12. It fits perfectly and feels very comfortable. My only complaint is that it could use a little more cushion in the heel. Here is a link to the page with the review. I would appreciate it if you would all click on it, find the review entitled "Greatly exceeded my expectations" and click on "helpful." Thank you!

http://www.payless.com/womens-christian-siriano-for-payless-claudia-snip-toe-ballet-flat/79368.html?dwvar_79368_color=red

Since the review will disappear from their web site when the style does, here is what I said:

"I hadn't been on the Payless web site in a couple of weeks, so the other day I decided to go exploring. The new Claudia ballet flat caught my eye so I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did. I ordered it in black size 12. I have the Clinton flat in 12W and the Carla Snip-Toe flat in 12 (which is also wide) and wondered if the Claudia, available only in regular width, would be wide enough for me. I also wondered if the toe would be high enough – it looks like it tapers down pretty far. Well, I'm pleased to say that the shoes came quickly, and they fit perfectly. I like the V-shaped cut of the vamp on these. The vamp on these is high and there is no visible toe cleavage at all. The width is fine for me. The shoe in size 12 is about 11.5 inches long, which is a good length. The heel is a quarter inch high and the sole and heel are made from quiet non-slip rubber. The man-made outer material is very leather-like and the interior is a comfortable nylon knitted fabric which breathes well. There is good padding in the leather-like insole although I would appreciate a bit more padding in the heel. They are comfortable with sheer nylons (as in the photo) as well as barefoot. They are easy to walk in, don't slip off my feet, and I can see these flats becoming a favorite in the future. More and more guys are wearing ballet flats and my wife is fine with it. They're really comfortable casual shoes and I look forward to wearing them a lot this spring! Thank you, Payless, for making these flats in bigger sizes for us fashion-forward guys!"

Payless Claudia Snip Toe Flat black.jpg

Payless Claudia Snip Toe Flat black 3.jpg

Payless Claudia Snip Toe Flat black 2.jpg

Yes, do own also some pairs of "Ballerinas" / ballet flats.

It took some time to get used to them - because of the "girly" image. And curiously - more people are starring at my feet, if I wear ballett flats - if I wear high heels, nobody seems to react.

ballerinas_130608slboye.jpg

20150419_135409qxjae.jpg

I really like them in the summer - easy slipped on and off. And they are also nice for bicycle tours - no damaging of the heels, and also to get the tan for pumps/ court shoes. ;)

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!