Ballet Flats

Jabble

Do you like ballet flats?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ballet flats?

• Yes, and I own at least one pair.
    • Yes, and I will buy my first pair real soon.
    • Yes, but I will never buy them.
    • No.

3 minutes ago, Chorlini said:

Those look quite.... masculine?

About the grey pair I would say yes. The black ballerina flats look more feminine imho. I like these much better and I have a similar pair also in black. OK, no heels but a nice change to wear them from time to time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HeeledSlides said:

About the grey pair I would say yes. The black ballerina flats look more feminine imho. I like these much better and I have a similar pair also in black. OK, no heels but a nice change to wear them from time to time.

First picture is a womens loafer i got from fitflop. Looks decent for me and will pass as a unisex pair but still has its feminine touch. 

Second picture which is the grey one, i dont think that it is quite masculine because of the short toe box. It also came from the womens department of a local shoe store from our place. 

The black one is a real ballet flats which i got from.payless . 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:30 AM, hernaezjames said:

New pair of flat sandals for the summer

20160421_075917.jpg

I like those. Do they have a heel or are they flat? I can't tell from the pic. What is the brand and model, do you know? And did you get them in a store or online?

I'm looking for heels with a thong upper like that.

Steve

Edited by Steve63130

7 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

I like those. Do they have a heel or are they flat? I can't tell from the pic. What is the brand and model, do you know? And did you get them in a store or online?

I'm looking for heels with a thong upper like that.

Steve

Its a flat sandals from crocs. I believe the name is really sexi t-strap. Heres another pics. I like this a lot since it looks nice with jeans.

20160624_232210.jpg

20160814_203431.jpg

20160805_054641.jpg

I like flats and sandals like the ones highlighted here. This summer the only heels i have worn have been wedges and most of the time it's sandals or platform sandals (with an occasional day of converses)

The heels and boots will return though, in about a month.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, hernaezjames said:

I am loving these. Really feels nice on my feet.

IMG_20170327_063556.jpg

And they look nice too.  When I come home I usually put on a pair of flats, but outside it boots.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 1 month later...

I like both pairs on you. I have some similar styles from Nine West, that I like to wear, when I have to do a lot of walking. They are a unisex look, but they do have a feminine look to them as they show off the top of your foot. I like that look very much, wearing leggings or skinny jeans, and so will you.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks bluejay. Those are actually not me wearing it. I got it from from fitflop website. Still choosing on which design to get. I guess any will look great on skinny jeans. Same here, i like the look of showing the top part of the foot which gives a feminine touch to the style. 

Will post an actual pic once i got these shoes. :)

• Like 1

The only head to toe review I have gotten recently came when I was wearing leggings and flats.  It doesn't seem to happen when I'm wearing boots.:penitent:

Both pair look nice.  My preference runs towards the solid color.

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, torybri said:

I LOVE wearing flats.  Even though they don't have heels they are still cute and feminine looking.

image1-3.JPG

Very nice indeed!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

I have always loved ballet flats.  They are so cute, especially with ones the little bow.  I don't know if I will ever buy a pair, but I do love the look of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2012 at 11:32 AM, Steve63130 said:

My wife bought me a pair of Valley Lane black leather flats back in the late 1970s, which I used to use as slippers whenever we'd travel, as they packed in a lot less space than men's slippers, and I loved them. She was ok with me wearing them, even in front of her mother when we'd stay over at her place. I still have them and wear them occasionally. Many years ago I also bought a pair of Payless Ribbed Flats (kind of a wavy sole for traction), which are all man-made and a bit lighter in weight. I wear those too, when traveling. Other than wearing them in the hotel to go get ice down the hall, or get something from the front desk, I don't wear them in public. I keep them strictly for indoors. So they have a place in my wardrobe, but I much prefer heels, and I've often substituted heels for flats lately when traveling. Steve

I found this post on the first page of this thread, which I wrote over 5 years ago. Fast forward to today. About a month ago, my interest in flats was rekindled. Don't get me wrong, I'm still passionate about heels. But I recently bought 5 pairs of flats, and I've worn all of them in public several times without any problems:

Crocs Sexi-Flip thong flat sandals in black

Crocs Alice Work mary janes in black

Payless Carla flats in black

Payless Clinton flats in black

Torrid leather flats in black

The Crocs have a wonderful padded footbed with lots of cushion. Like walking on pillows. They are great in inclement weather or to wear to the pool, as they are completely waterproof. Both are fun to wear and fit perfectly.

The Payless Carla have a square toe and look sophisticated, I think. The Clinton flats are plain and comfy. Neither required any break-in time. 

The Torrid leather flats required a bit of break-in time, but they are a soft luxurious leather. They were the most expensive of the bunch at $50, and well worth it. 

I've submitted reviews on all of these. Search for them at crocs.com, payless.com, and torrid.com. Photos below.

Steve

Crocs Sexi Flip black.jpg

Torrid leather flats black 3.jpg

Payless Clinton Ballet Flat black 2.jpg

Crocs Alice Work black 2.JPG

Payless Carla Snip Toe Flat black 2.jpg

• Like 1