Ballet Flats

Jabble

Do you like ballet flats?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ballet flats?

• Yes, and I own at least one pair.
    • Yes, and I will buy my first pair real soon.
    • Yes, but I will never buy them.
    • No.

Anyone else really like ballet flats?

For some reason I think they look really cute on a girl.

I eventually broke down and ordered me a pair; they feel really cool to wear for some reason.

Please share stories.

post-30330-133522976754_thumb.jpg

I do. I think I would like a pair as house slippers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Anyone else really like ballet flats?

For some reason I think they look really cute on a girl.

I eventually broke down and ordered me a pair; they feel really cool to wear for some reason.

Please share stories.

You took a "huge risk" with this poll in a high heels forum :wavey:

But I dare to admit I like them too ! I have two pairs, in white and black.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

I don't!

BTW, you're banned for even bringing the subject up and as for you Shafted, you should know better!

I didn't say I'd wear them out.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Glad Im not the only one on a high heel forum that like them.I must say I like them,very comfy as well.And yes I agree, they do look cute on girls. Dr. Shoe looks like youll have to ban more than one of us :wavey:

Flats looking different and ' not all the same ' with goofy platforms on everything. I bought 2 pairs last night and have a bunch more or various types. As Shafted said, "I would like a pair as house slippers." and thats exactly what I do. Wear them around the house.. once in a while I'll go out in them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Yes, I knew it was risky posting anything about the Flats WITHOUT COMPARING THEM TO HIGH HEELS. There is a thread about flat shoes compared to high heels in the "girls forum"; that seems reasonable.

The Flats I just bought have a very very small type of heel.

Thank you.

I own one pair as morning slippers, just to slip on when I first get out of bed... However I really should get back to heels first thing...

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

I do not have a plain pair of flats, but have been looking. I do have and wear a couple pairs of the Merrel Pure Glive mary jane style, one red, one black. I also have the fivefingers classic and sprint models. All are very comfortable when out and about.

post-488-133522976881_thumb.jpg

post-488-133522976889_thumb.jpg

post-488-133522976898_thumb.jpg

post-488-133522976899_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

I do not have a plain pair of flats, but have been looking. I do have and wear a couple pairs of the Merrel Pure Glive mary jane style, one red, one black. I also have the fivefingers classic and sprint models. All are very comfortable when out and about.

Spoke too soon, these look better. Especially those 5-fingers ones. :wavey:

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I now own two pair, just bought the black ones with ankle straps i posted one page earlier. They look so cute :wavey:

Those black ones with the ankle straps look the best.

My wife bought me a pair of Valley Lane black leather flats back in the late 1970s, which I used to use as slippers whenever we'd travel, as they packed in a lot less space than men's slippers, and I loved them. She was ok with me wearing them, even in front of her mother when we'd stay over at her place. I still have them and wear them occasionally. Many years ago I also bought a pair of Payless Ribbed Flats (kind of a wavy sole for traction), which are all man-made and a bit lighter in weight. I wear those too, when traveling. Other than wearing them in the hotel to go get ice down the hall, or get something from the front desk, I don't wear them in public. I keep them strictly for indoors. So they have a place in my wardrobe, but I much prefer heels, and I've often substituted heels for flats lately when traveling. Steve

I like them but not as much as heels of course. Strangely I've not worn them in public: when I change out of my heels I tend to wear regular "guy" flats, but I'll have to give my plain/ballet flats a try now that spring's approaching, they'd probably coordinate better with my outfits though I'd have to turn up my jeans which might not look so good (I'm not really a fan of the scuffed jeans look). I used to be addicted to trying to wear my heels everywhere I could, but now I don't see the point of trashing my feet and my heels walking long distances in them.

If you like it, wear it.

I'll admit it; I own a few pairs myself. One pair I purchased at DSW (my first in-store purchase; more on that later). Steve Madden P-Heaven.

I love them as well and own several pairs including three from the Steve Madden P-Heaven line. Flats can be cute and sexy while giving a flirty flair to an outfit. The pair I'm wearing in the photos was a very inexpensive shoe from Soda in a black satin with a pretty offset bow on the vamp.

post-30196-13352297753_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522977549_thumb.jpg

As I am tall I considered it.

I found this guy wears unbelievable outfits, while this man is simply inserting ballet flats in is daily outfits.

And this one has a collection of runway male models in ballet flats.

Cool but even more niche than high heels for men !!

Oh stop it! You're flattering me! :wavey:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005