Wearing heels in public,had any scary reactions?

shinysoles

Surprisingly no, even in the few cases where I had received negative reactions. Never once have I ever felt or been threatened with physical harm.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

For a few years now been wearing just about any sort of heels just about anywhere that I like and I would be hard pressed to remember anything scary, however some years back the fashion of high heels was less common or perceived to be less popular so I would like to find a moment when there were less people in the part of the store where the size 11 were to be found. Somehow I was not scared to go out the door but still scared to be observed trying them on. Some years ago the Wild Pair had the clearance store in Santa Monica. When the price of Diesel was only 2.50 a gallon I would make the trip about every two months or so. Anyway would like to hear from others about this one.

If you look in the stories section, I had one experience that involved the cops coming in to situate things. A dumb ass in a car almost ran me down..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi Everyone,

To those brave guys who wear very feminine heels in public places ,proudly and in full view,have you had genuinely scarey experiences (probably from other men),that you would like to share?

Giggles from behind and looks. Nothing to get a panic over. The only panic I got into was trying to keep up with Xaphod crossing Waterloo station for the underground, he had block heels <3", I was in 4" thick stilettos. Al

One time, I was sitting in the park reading my paper and a group of young men (let's say between 17-23 years old) were playing basketball. One spotted me, brought me to the attention of the other boys, and they all started my direction. They were about a hundred yards away and I was close to my car. So to avoid confrontation, I got up, went to my car, and drove off. It was a little unnerving, and I have not had any confrontations like that at all since then.

Good question! I was gonna post this but forgot as usual.:wavey: However i haven't done any public heeling yet so no experience. Now you made me wonder, if its possible to play basketball in high heels since i'm not too tall (172cm, 5"8).

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Hi Everyone,

To those brave guys who wear very feminine heels in public places ,proudly and in full view,have you had genuinely scarey experiences (probably from other men),that you would like to share?

No.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My most uncomfortable moment was about a year or so back when a group of teens (guys and girls) at the mall were making a nuisance and causing a scene. They laughed, called out obscenities / name calling, and hooted. I did my best to ignore them and kept on walking, they backed down after what was probably only 10-15 seconds, but felt like minutes to me. They apparently got their fill of laughs and perhaps saw that it wasn't bothering me that much, but that was pretty intimidating for me and got my heart going pretty fast. I think it helped that I was at the mall and there was plenty of people around so they couldn't get too carried away with their harrassment. It got me thinking about what I am doing, and actually caused me to take a month or so off from public heeling to try to figure out why do I even do this... not really sure I ever resolved that part, but realized that I was happier doing it than not, so I finally got over it I suppose. I am still nervous around teens, as they seem to be the worst for causing havoc, but so far, that is the worst I have had.

So far I have to say I've had NO scary reactions and have probably heeled in public mostly in 4" to 5" heeled boots more than 100 times. I've had quite a few looks, people whispering excitedly to their partner after noticing me, people following me at a distance to "take a look", a couple of wolf whistles (sarcastic), a few compliments (all from women) and perhaps surprsingly no laughs or giggles as far as I can tell. My look is leather jacket and jeans type of thing with black or brown boots. I sometimes wear my boots over my jeans and some of my boots high steel heel tips so they make quite a bit of noise. Surprisingly I still don't get many reactions.

A while back, while in line at the bank with my wife a small child, about 5 - 7 years old, saw my sandals and began to say in quite a loud voice, "mommy that man is wearing high heels." The kids comment obviously caused almost everyone in the bank to look at me!! The childs mom seemed a bit embarrased by her kids outburst, smiled at me and directed the kids attention elsewhere. No one said anything else or made further comments. The wife and I laughed it off. Best part, we were wearing matching hh sandals - I joked with her that the child didn't notice her shoes!! As for other negatives, a few stares, finger pointing and giggles. Twice I have gotten positive comments, once at a mall a lady walked up to me and said that I was wearing "beautiful shoes," and wanted to know where I got them. She also said that it was great that a guy was comfortable enough to wear heels in public. We had a nice talk. Another time a guy axed me, "are those girls shoes?" I said yes and he said "that's cool," and went on his way. Overall, wearing heels in public has not been that big of a deal for me - we should all do it more often. sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Overall, wearing heels in public has not been that big of a deal for me - we should all do it more often. sf

If you follow Twitter it seems that we do. More and more tweets of the "I just saw a man in heels" kind. And that's just the people who care enough to tweet. Noone has tweeted about me, I think.:wavey:

This morning while crossing the parking lot here at the shop I had a little bit of a miss step and quickly recovered but that was not the sort of thing that I would like to demonstrate the benefits of wearing high heels. It was a little bit of a scare.

I'd say 80% of people don't even notice (or at least act like they don't notice), and of the remaining 20% most just glance, a few smile (in a nice way) and very occasionally people laugh or make a lewd remark. Any scary situations have really just been due to wearing heels in inappropriate circumstances (like walking home late at night), mostly in the early days when my desparation for wearing heels overwhelmed my common sense. These days I enjoy wearing my heels day-to-day and switching to flats when that's necessary.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories,I suppose the real reason I wanted to know was because I've been wearing heels for many years in private at home,sometimes outside at night ,round the block and a few times driving.It feels fantastic and exciting,but I just dont have the courage that you have to go public,its just a dream or fantasy to walk in sexy 5" sandals around the local mall.Its abit ironic really,I need to have some balls to be more feminine.One day,maybe. Thanks again.:wavey:

About 4-5 years ago I had a guy tell me to leave a nightclub in NYC. He wasn't a person of authority employed within the institution, he was just a patron. He saw that I was talking to a good looking blonde girl and literally used the words, "leave" while pointing to the exit door. I moved a booth over and so did the girl who it turns out, didn't even know the guy. I also had an alpha male approach me outside of a club when I was leaving with two girls. He came up to me on the sidewalk outside the club with his posse of 2 beta males behind him and said something about me "invading his territory" implying I was stealing his girls. Then he pointed at my shoes and said, "you're wearing heels". I was in skinny black pants and black stiletto pumps. In both cases, the guys approached me because they were losing to the guy in heels while competing for girls that I was winning over...in both cases I was fortunate enough to win (knock on wood). Other than those two incidents which occured about 4-5 years ago and which revolve around the specific social situation of competing for girls (which sometimes happens regardless of whether I'm in heels or not), I've NEVER received a comparable potentially dangerous response from either men or women.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

,its just a dream or fantasy to walk in sexy 5" sandals around the local mall.Its abit ironic really,I need to have some balls to be more feminine.

Somehow I would have figured that this should be easy in a place like United Kingdom. To the best of my knowledge there are places where the would be cross-dressers hang out and that is where I would think to start like the place where I went to wear a skirt for the first time without full DRAG. Then after I started there I worked my way back to the more normal parts of town. Interesting how some ignorant cultures bring up their children, one day at a store a little girl said look mama he is a girl.

Somehow I would have figured that this should be easy in a place like United Kingdom. To the best of my knowledge there are places where the would be cross-dressers hang out and that is where I would think to start like the place where I went to wear a skirt for the first time without full DRAG. Then after I started there I worked my way back to the more normal parts of town. Interesting how some ignorant cultures bring up their children, one day at a store a little girl said look mama he is a girl.

I think its just me being a whimp,worried about family and friends finding out and disowning me,that sort of thing.

No too many come to mind over the years. Maybe the worst was being pulled over by a police patrol car on the way home one winters evening. It was just on dusk and I was wearing a navy suit with nude pumps, apparently it looked like I was only wearing a coat (and no shoes) so they pulled over. Only doing their job. A bit akward for me but I got a lift home! Apparently there were someprowlers in the area?! Cheers Heel-Lover

I think its just me being a whimp,worried about family and friends finding out and disowning me,that sort of thing.

Somehow I went about it a bit different. All the friends and close ones I got their advice how this would look before I did it.

Heel Lover, How did they see the nude pumps if you were in your car?

Who said anything about a car? I figured a motorcycle.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JKrenzer,

I didn't think I said anything about being in a car? And re-reading my message it doesn't make things clear. I was walking home and got stopped. After some questioning etc...I was then offered a lift home.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

In the States, we typically use the term pulled over as being stopped by the police while driving. So many of us will read your post and think that you were driving at the time, and wondering how the police saw your shoes as well...lol!

In the States, we typically use the term pulled over as being stopped by the police while driving. So many of us will read your post and think that you were driving at the time, and wondering how the police saw your shoes as well...lol!

Yes, in the UK, being 'pulled over' likewise implies being in a vehicle, as distinct from being 'stopped' when on foot. But Heel-Lover did say that he was offered a lift home, which would have been distinctly unhelpful to him if he had indeed been in his car! (If he had had a mouth-organ with him, he could have offered to 'accompany the officers to the station'. :wavey:)