Nail Art

bluejay

The other day I was in Home Depot to get some materials for a project that I am working on. I was in working clothes, nothing exciting and not wearing heels. When I went to checkout a young female clerk in her 20's was waiting to check me out. I immediately noticed her finger nails and what a great look they had. I said to her that I thought her nails looked very pretty. She said that she did them herself the other night. I told her that they looked like they were done professionally. After she rang up the sale and since no one was in line behind me she proceeded to tell me the whole process of doing the nail art work on her fingers, from start to finish. It took her a few minutes to explain the process to me. When she finished telling me of the complete process and it was quite detailed I told her that she had did a beautiful job on her nails. I also said that I hope your husband or boy friend appreciated your hard work and paid you a compliment. She said she was not married and that her boyfriend never noticed her nails until she mentioned something about it to him. She said he looked and said nothing. I said he surely should of commented about the nice look to her. She said that other than a girlfriend of her's no one until me, commented on her nails. I told her that was a shame because she did such a great job. She thanked me for my compliments and since there still was no one in line I kept the conversation going by telling her that I do my own nails in clear polish every Sunday morning before going out. I also told her that I sometimes do my little pinkies in color since I let the nails grow long on them. I have colored them bright red, blue and purple at times. She seemed eager to hear more from me, so I told her that I also polish my toes too. I do it myself or my granddaughter does it for me,. I do it in clear usually but have done it in color a few times mostly, red, blue and purple colors, I especially like red as it really highlights the toes when wearing sandals. At first my wife was not to keen on my toenail polish but she has come to accept it now as a part of me. This spring I am looking forward to going to get my first professional pedicure, I told her. All she said was,"Wow".Since someone had come into her line I bid her a good day, she said see you again soon, and the next time I see you I hope to see that little pinky polished in color and maybe this summer see you in sandals with your toes polished too. I replied that I might get some off comments from all the "Macho Men" that shop here. She replied that if she hears a negative comment directed at me she will come to defend me and tell them that I like the look on him. I said thanks as I exited the store. Another nice conversation about something that is considered taboo for men. As you can see there are some women that can accept and appreciate what some men like to wear or do that is not considered manly. Happy heeling, bluejay

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.