Goodbye from a young old-timer!

The time has come for me to say goodbye... I am hanging up my heels and leaving them behind... they are no longer a part of my life. At the end of a good summer I felt challenged by God to let go of the things holding me back. Heels were a part of my life that resulted in no good and they were a barrier between me in God (in the form of sexual sin... I'll leave the rest for you to work out!). As such I took the opportunity to get rid of all of my heels (about 9 pairs if I recall correctly) and put them in a charity donations clothes bin type thing... no doubt they've probably put in some charity shop and probably been sold by now. I hope someone finds them useful! In some senses I miss wearing heels... but it certainly makes my life easier not having to worry about who's staring at my feet and who I'm going to bump into in the street who doesn't know I wear heels. It's also less expensive, which is good when I have financial commitments elsewhere, and little money coming in. It was an easy decision to make - I don't expect all of you to understand this as it's a Christian thing... The decision to give up 'heeling' was that of an act of obedience... obey God or obey my own sexual desire. Well, I think God has got more prosperous plans for my life than my dick, so I went with God. I still believe men have the right to wear what they like, and you certainly won't catch me tut-tutting under my breath if I see men wearing heels on the street (not as though that's happened since I met with Calv and Xaphod anyway..). I might look twice just to check my eyes weren't lying though! I don't condone men wearing heels, but if you want to that's fine. It's just caused unexpected issues in my life. I really do wish all you heel-wearing blokes the best for your heel-wearing future, and your future in general. The board seems to be growing well and you have a good community here. I can tell you're probably not going to die out, which is a good thing for those with a healthy interest in heels. I hope the day finally arrives when men can wear what they choose, but you will probably find me wearing my normal jeans/tshirt/trainers which I find comfortable. I still wear what I want... my choice of clothes is not dictated by fashion, but by me and what I find comfortable. Sorry if that's come out as a bit of a ramble and a bit of a surprise to some of you, but... that's where I am... and I'm unlikely to return to wearing heels as long as I'm staying on track with God, and I have every intention of staying with him, and I have great friends and a fanastic girlfriend supporting me in that. The more I say about God the more I feel I'm alienating most of you... but I hope you understand. I've said enough now I think. You probably got the message in the first line so I shall write no more. Toodle pip and all the best... Ross (aka SquirrelHeels) P.S. I'm not passing judgement on anyone elses' heel wearing and saying that it's wrong. It's just wrong for me. And as with anything in life - always question whether something is right in all respects before going with it (especially the case if you're Christian and you have a personal relationship with God).

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Ross, it seems that you have had a true calling in life, and I applaud you for your conviction. I wish you all the best in the future in whatever you end up doing. I believe a certain Vulcan would say..."Live long and prosper..." All The Best Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

See you Ross. Thanks for spending time with us. Religion is a very personal thing. My God tells me to wear heels, yours says the opposite and it's important to respect your own personal calling. I'm sure you've made the right decision for yourself if you've had a vision, that's the way to go. Best of luck :(

Ross! Life is long and full of strange twists. Remember what Yogie Berra said: "When you get to the fork in the road, take it." Best of luck and here's hoping we hear from you again -- just to let us know how you're getting along. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I understand your dilemma Ross, and its one of the reasons I think we have to get the male heel wearing thing out in the open, if not it can easily lead to the dark side. In one of his essays C.S. Louis tells the story about a fellow with a dragon on his back that wispered things in his ear. The Lord turned the dragon into a white charger on which he could ride, perhaps something like that will happen to you some day. Also remember Paul had a problem which embarrassed him greatly, Gods grace is always there. God bless you.

Hi Ross......Have a good life and God Bless..I have been a christian for many years,It is society that says what we do is sinfull ,not God . He has given us many pleasure's to do with as we please, as long as we do'nt hurt any one else doing them. God has given us our freedom to dress as we please, buy materal things from cars to highheels hope this all makes sense as I'm not a good writer putting my thoughs out..

Hi Guys Thanks for the encouraging comments... olderdude, I do not believe it is the heel wearing that is a sin, and you're quite right that society tells us it is a sin with male heel wearing. However, in my particular case, it is what came of wearing heels, and the sexual desire that came out of it that is sinful... Removing the heels is easy. Removing the desire is that hard part which is why I need to remain strong in my relationship with God (a hard thing in itself), and also why I need to disassociate myself heel related things. It's difficult but I refuse to take the easy road out... Wide straight roads are easy to walk in heels... Windy narrow paths are best done in flat walking boots! R

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi Ross. Sorry to hear you're leaving us, but then you have obviously had a higher calling than us heely mortals so good luck in your endeavours. It was good fun our little meet in Nottingham this summer, when we trying to find each other and sending text messages not realising we were standing almost next to each other!! Anyway all the best for the future and if you ever feel like getting in touch you know where we are.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

suirrelheels; I was wondering why you had not posted in nearly 4 months. Had we decided to discuss this issue in a religious/biblical thread here, it might have lead to some interesting arguments. Good luck with your decision. I hope you find comfort and happiness.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Poke your head around the corner to see what's going on, from time to time. Good luck and best wishes otherwise.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I understand your post better than most--have wrestled with similar feelings for many years--giving up the heels (or whatever) would be the easy part, but giving up the hundredweight millstone around my neck of the sexual feelings they produce is next to impossible. Best wishes.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks