Which music do you listen?

Which music do you like? And how do you fit your heels in it?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which music do you like? And how do you fit your heels in it?

• Rock
    • Punk
    • Metal
    • Rockabilly
    • Classic
    • Folk
    • Dance
    • Rap
    • Jazz
    • Other

Me like boogie too but can't afford it at the time, so laney is second best..:wavey:

Laney isnt a ' second best '. I would put them right on par with Boogie. They have the sound, just not a lot of ' channels ' or ' features ' as a boogie.

I believe the pre-amp in the Laney is more Diverse then the vintage tri-axis type design that Boogie has continued to extend over the last 2 decades. The Recto series are a slight improvement on cathode means, but Laney just has that raw-all-out-im gonna kick a wench in the.. type of attitude.

I use mostly Laney heads when recording. Its a simple one channel operation for me and I dont have to run through different channels looking for a particular gain or gain stages or anything.

post-30256-13352297529_thumb.jpg

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Laney isnt a ' second best '. I would put them right on par with Boogie. They have the sound, just not a lot of ' channels ' or ' features ' as a boogie.

I believe the pre-amp in the Laney is more Diverse then the vintage tri-axis type design that Boogie has continued to extend over the last 2 decades. The Recto series are a slight improvement on cathode means, but Laney just has that raw-all-out-im gonna kick a wench in the.. type of attitude.

I use mostly Laney heads when recording. Its a simple one channel operation for me and I dont have to run through different channels looking for a particular gain or gain stages or anything.

My dream is to have dual recto boogie, but here in my country boogies are freakin hard to find, and they are expensive as hell. But my dream is to have one, nut cannot aford it. Using phrase Laney is second best didn't want to make Laney to look inferior in any way. I like Laney amps a lot, and my LV300 is a great nice sounding amp. GH50L which I planing tu buy blown me litteraly out with power and sound, and eaten Randall RT50 and few Hughes & Kettners which I tried in local musicshop. So boogie is dream, laney is pink coloured reality, great amp and I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

For Moi, only Fender amps will do.... Pretty happy with the tones I get out of my solid state Ultimate Chorus.... I'd love to get my paws on a Bassman...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

You have an awesome setup.

• 2 weeks later...

I like music that makes me smile, and music that makes me cry, and makes me angry and makes me remember and... above all, music that makes me want to dance. And I used to like dancing in clogs, but my knees won't let me any do it more.

I listen to just about everything except most country and folk. Recently I've been listening to a lot of young rap (OFWGKTA, Casey Veggies, Lil B, etc.) and ska (The Aquabats, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto). But I'll listen to anything dating back to baroque times. Hell, I listened to Hotel California (whole album) for the first time a week ago. I don't really think heels fit into any of that, especially for ska music (you try skanking in pumps). But I want to be a recording engineer and I'm studying in school to be a composer so if I had my own studio I may record a few personal sessions while wearing heels... but idk. Heels are more for pleasure for me whereas a studio would be work (fun work, but work nonetheless).

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Hotel California! Warm smell of policeman rising up through the air! Sam, you shouldn't forget that part of rock'n'roll's ancestry is British/Irish folk music. And country will grow on you as you get older. You should read Nick Hornby's '31 Songs'. He talks about the scourge of our music being played at us constantly while we shop etc, and wonders where we might find music now that doesn't come apart in our ears. His feeling is that country holds just enough mud on its boots to stop shops using it in the background. Anyway, Dolly Parton has sung some songs that these days make me cry, and that's one of my criteria (q.v.)

I like most all types of music as my mother was a professional singer/pianist in the 70's and 80's but like JeffB, my favorites are from the 1960's,70's, and 80's. As far as heels go I'd say I'm more likely to dance in some sky-high (6"+) heels to some dance tune from the 80's but maybe much more recent. HappyinHeels:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Music and heels, for me, don't really have any correlation. I mean yes, I do love me some old school Hair Bands. And yes, many of them did wear heels of all styles. Personally though I have never found there to be a connection between my choices of heels to wear myself and the music I enjoy, whether I am listening or playing my guitar. I also find a huge divergence in the types of music I like to listen to and the types I find myself playing. Now I'll admit that as a guitarist I am not very good. I don't have any aspirations of becoming some great musician. For me, playing the guitar is purely about me connecting with an emotion and trying to transform it into something expressive. For my trials I tend to lean toward slower paced bluesy inspired sounds. Again I'm really not good, but I find myself getting lost in the tones and being as I do it just for me, that's all I need from it. Listening , on the other hand, is something altogether different. As I stated earlier, I grew up on Hair Bands. Motley Crue, Poison, Warrant, KIX, Y&T, and my favorite of them, Great White. I love pure metal, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, and many more. The new breed of metal from bands like Bullet for My Valentine, and Five Finger Death Punch. I love classic rock like Journey, Hardline, AC/DC and many more. And I have actually begun to develop an ear for modern country like Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, and Blake Shelton. I could go on for days.... lol PS Ilikekicks... The Ra rendition of the Police song you are talking about is one of my absolute favorite covers of all time. It encompasses what I feel a cover should be..... True enough to the original to be recognizable, but with a spin that puts the performing artists touches on it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice setup ilikekicks. Nice heels too... :-) Why Mac's instead of PC's - better tools? I wouldn't say that music and heels particularly go together for me, except I'm often in heels when listening to music. But that music covers just about all bases, from Mozart and Bach, through classic and modern rock, old school R&B and rap, past pop and disco right into dirty aggressive dubstep. Sometimes the apparent over processing of some music gets to me, then I break out something acoustic (kinda like the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions album) and I just get lost in the performance.

Nice setup ilikekicks. Nice heels too... :-) Why Mac's instead of PC's - better tools?

Theres a windows based machine under the rack system on the floor I use as a ' file dump '/foot stool. The PC just isnt ' friendly '. Between needing to install 8 million programs just to keep junk ( viruses, malware, grayware, tracking cookies, spyware and whatever-ware comes out tomorrow.. ) off of them and having to waste resources in doing it.. It just bogs the whole process down.

' It just works ' rings true for me and what I do. Simple software, simple editing, simple interfacing.. not to mention most full time recording studios use Macs more then PC's makes questions I might ask more easily answered.

LogicPro, GarageBand, Qbase, Ableton.. Theres just so much to pick and choose from! Its like walking into a huge store with pockets overflowing full of cash! :D

PC's are great for games. Cheaper, more common parts, everyone has one.. For anything audio/visual, Macs just have an edge. The PC does have some nice things in A/V, but theres just more for a Mac and its more reliable. No driver issues/hardware issues..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I listen to pretty much anything but I've a reasonably low tolderance of solo singer/songwriter with an acoustic guitar stuff. I grew up with Metal and rock but listen to a lot of jazz too. Really though, anything goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up listening to rush. I was born in toronto. But, Heart was my alltime faverite band. I not even loved them, but wanted to be them. Who could not like Nancy with the heavy strumming to crazy on you, or Ann screaming all the way through Mistral wind. That band in the 70s shined bright, but for not very long. Relationships within the band killed them. Ann Wilson is the greatest female vocalist of all time! I love her to death!

Kiss is arriving in Buenos Aires this week!! I already have the tickets...and an excellent opportunity to attend the show in red platform "seventies" high heels boots..... Rock and roll all night and party every day!!!!!

Elegance is my second name

Murder in high heels?

I like the spirit of these old rocks

She wears her satins like a lady

She gets her way just like a child

You take her home and she says "Maybe, baby"

She takes you down and drives you wild

Everybody says she's lookin' good

And the lady knows it's understood

(Strutter)

She looked good

She looked hotter than hell