Wearing boots in the mall

Rick24

Take a look at a few of the threads like JeffB's, Thighbootguy and mine and they are filled with stories about wearing boots in the mall (and many other places as well as in many different ways.) 99 times out of 100 I have a great time at the mall while wearing boots or other heels.

Style is built from the ground up!

Rick24: Wearing heels in a mall can be both exciting and unnerving, especially for newcomers to the practice. Others will tell you this, but the more crowded a mall is, the less the chances of your being noticed because you tend to be swallowed up by the mob of people you're in. Also, ninety-nine percent of the people you'll encounter are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to worry or care about a guy wearing heels, as long as you look calm, cool and collected, you won't attract any undue attention that you would by looking shy, nervous or furtive. But you'll never know unless you experience it for yourself.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Rick24, Listen to what JeffB says. I mean this guy wears skirts and heels in a tough neighborhood like Philadelphia and is no worse for wear so he can be trusted. What others tell you here about wearing boots and heels in the mall is not hyperbole, or BS. You strap or zip into your favorite footwear and walk in and shop....and nothing evil happens. Rick, remember the key is to look confident...look like you belong there. People will be so wrapped up in their conversations, and electronic gadgets, and their OMG and LOL that your heels will not even register on their radar to any meaningful extent. Just do it dude! HappyinHeels

Saturday evening my wife and I took our niece to dinner at the local Red Lobster. Afterwards we went to the local mall in Macys where the most unusual issue took place. As I was looking over the sales shoes and boots, I could hear two ladies talking upon seeing me in a pair of my platform boots. They were making comments along the lines of it being "so wrong". I finally walked up next to them to which one of the ladies asked "why I was wearing women's high heels"? I calmly answered that they were much more comfortable to wear, upon which I pulled up one of my pants legs and showed her the kind of boot I was wearing, where she replied "oh those are very nice". As to her senserity being honest, I did not care, I just wanted to mildly humble her. My wife caught up with me and told me what my niece was hearing upon which I told her what I did. She wanted put her 2 cents in, but seeing what I had done was enough we left the Macys and walked the rest of the mall

oh, I have a lot of times, but never really cared what anyone thought (or said for that matter) the point is that I go there to enjoy myself & not to give a rat's **** what the hell their reaction would be, I'm there to please ME folks, no one else!!!:wavey:

I don't believe I've been to an indoor shopping mall before in heels. I have to drive about a hour to get to the nearest indoor mall. The majority of our shopping malls are strip malls. Of course I'm in heels when I visit them. After wearing stiletto pumps and boots in public for 7 years it's not about finding confidence, it's just there. You'll get there in time.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Take a look at a few of the threads like JeffB's, Thighbootguy and mine and they are filled with stories about wearing boots in the mall (and many other places as well as in many different ways.) 99 times out of 100 I have a great time at the mall while wearing boots or other heels.

Yeah, take a walk in Polish mall or in the metro (BTW, only one line in the whole country!!!) and you will look like an alien. Once I've seen a guy in the Emu boots and all girls were staring at him like he was an alien or so. Bunch of retarder weirdos, unfortunately:speechless:

There is no difference wearing your heels at an indoor mall as anywhere else. Your "noticability" in heels is always determined by the same factors as it is when you wear them anywhere. Time of day, shopper congestion, type of store, etc. it doesn't matter. Just put on your heels and go forth, acting no differently than you would if you were wearing your men's shoes. As has been mentioned before, well dressed and with with confidence and without stress. You are going to get noticed. Some reactions might even be noticeable. Most will not. So, go about your business and conduct yourself as if no one else was around. It works. Try it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My first time heeling at a mall was at an outdoor retail-park type place. I wore my black ankle boots under bootcut jeans (like in outfit1a.jpg). First stop was a department store which was pretty easy as people can't really see you as you walk around the clothes racks. After a few minutes I felt more relaxed and I stopped hiding behind the racks, and once I realised how invisible I was, I started to seek out more visible positions only to find my boots were still pretty much unnoticed.

Then I walked across to the supermarket on the site to buy a few things. Again most people didn't notice, and the few that did just gave a glance or a brief double-take and that was it. There's really nothing odd about someone shopping in heeled boots and bootcut jeans.

I once wore my brown wedge boots under jeans (like in outfit0.jpg) to a large indoor mall and felt totally like nobody noticed a thing. I couldn't believe how inconspicuous I seemed to be. It almost seems too boring to wear those to the mall again, though they are very comfortable for lots of walking around.

There's another small outdoor mall where I've worn various court shoes with 4" or 5" heels (mostly with jeans but once with opaque tights and a skirt). Apart from one time (not in the skirt) when I overheard an expression of disbelief among a group of teenage girls, most reactions from other shoppers have been positive - they either just silently accept me into their shopping environment (whereas I feel like I'm seen as a wolf in a field full of deer when I just wear regular guy stuff), occasionally pleasant smiles will be exchanged, and rarely compliments will be exchanged too. But mostly people just don't seem to notice, almost frustratingly so at times.

As I walk into stores I've found the sales staff say "hi" presumably because my heels signify I'm a potential customer. That hardly ever happens when I'm not wearing my heels. Sure it may be mostly for the sale, but some sales staff also seem happy to have something different break the monotony of their day.

So overall I feel that wearing heels makes visiting a mall a more positive experience and quite a buzz, especially if you're shopping for heels or clothes from the womens department. If you feel uncomfortable in a mall's big open-plan food court area, the cafe in a department store or bookshop is a nice place to rest (and show off your heels) in between all that teetering around!

If you like it, wear it.