Musings of the Future

....snip....I believe the experience of men wearing heels in public will grow exponentially IF women are seen with these men. Even one woman in her heels walking with her husband/boyfriend in his heels in any large city will be seen by thousands of people per hour and those people will talk about when they get home. The next day the scene repeats itself in NYC, Chicago, Sydney, Johannesburg, London, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and Buenos Aires. The fashions you see are largely a result of what someone photographed on the street six months to a year ago.Sure, men venturing out on theor own will help change things but not nearly as fast as when the change is blessed by women...snip....

Happy in heels

Good point.

Going out in heels with a girl by your side can often change the 'he's a bit of a wierdo' thought to a 'am i missing something here' or 'oh so he's not odd, just an out of the box thinker' from onlookers minds especially if the girl/woman is well dressed too. ...snip...

I think if you are seen with a woman by your side when you wear heels, it has a subtly different effect than if you are seen in a group of mixed male/female people.

If you are with a woman, it potentially increases your attractiveness to the opposite sex. If you are with a mixed group of people, it makes you look social.

If you are with a woman and the woman is being flirty/sexual with you, it increases the chances other girls will see you are "pre-approved" by a fellow female. It's a sub-form of social proof specific to being attractive to the opposite sex. Walking down the street holding hands or with a woman's arm inside your own will activate this form of communication.

If you are seen with a mixed group of male/female people it increases the chances other people in general, not just specifically other females, will see you as "pre-approved socially" by others. It's a general form of social proof. Interacting with a group of people while seen conversing, laughing, and chatting will activate this form of communicaiton.

Being aware of how you are perceived by others is a start. Deciding how and if you want to manage impression would be the next step. Some people just don't care at all and that's fine too. Neither approach is necessarily more noble or moral or better than another.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Made a mistake, What i meant to say was:-

If most youngsters were wearing cowboy boots most of the time, i doubt a moderate cuban heel would be an issue.

Knee highs

Agree totaly

I do tend to push the limit (my limit :icon_neutral:) only when i'm with my wife.

I took the decision a couple of years ago that if i was going to wear heels out as daytime wear, i had to do it with the right clothes and more important, in a positive way.

If by being seen out, i can encourage one other person to wear heels out too, it's been well worth it.

But that's just me. We all have our own perspective.