bent heel help

new_look

hi to the experts hope someone can help have bought a lovely pair of ALDO knee boots second hand and love them very much, perfect fit and style. Sadly One of the heels is not where it should be i can feel this when i walk and is visible, the heel is slightly bent off to the left instead of straight down Is there anyway this can be repaired Thanks

hi folks took the boots to the cobblers today and he seemed pretty quick to send me away and say there was little he could do to help. He peeled back the footbed lining to show me that someone had 'repaired' them in the past by putting 3 screws through into the heel. dispite this one heel is bent and a bit unsteady and the other is just a little unsteady. Really didnt wanna give up on these that easy, they fit right and look great, a combination often hard to find. Is there nothing i can do with them?? NL

• 5 months later...

Sounds like that first creature was just lazy of stupid. Some time back I went all over to try to get a gear for a clock and every clock shop in town said the gear was broken and could not be repaired. Some years later I learned to repair and make gears. These days people have LCD TVs and break the panel so I just get to the truth. That being a replacement panel now will cost about twice the cost of a new TV. Two customers took that seriously. The way I figure a competent cobbler would give a repair plan, first repair this and rebuild that and it is not worth it. But I want it then so much deposit and we start.

I would suspect the shank is the culprit to your problem, & to fix this is not for the faint hearted as the heel block has to be removed & then the middling inside the shoe along with the sole, effectively stripping the boots down to the core as when they where manufactured. Most competent repairers should be able to do this, but its a good hour or twos work so won't be cheap!

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.