Dating&heels/cd, when to bring up the subject?

Corvus

Hi, And thanks for a great site. I have a little question to ask, and i think it is more relevant for the girls to answer(although guys with experiences in the matter are welcome to). After a long time single, i'm planning to try dating again. And since i'm wearing heels all the time, wether as a guy or when i crossdress occasionally, i'll have to bring the subject up. When is the best time to do so? In the profile on the dating site? (I think not). When exchanging mails, before meeting one another? Or when meeting in person? What would you ladies prefer? I want to be honest about it, at an as early stage as possible. But at the same time i'm afraid that telling too soon would scare people away before they get to know who i am, just because they see something not being mainstream. I dont want to be judged by what i wear. I want to be judged by who i am. So gals, what do you think is the right way and time to bring it up? Corvus.

Thats your mistake right there, treating it like its something that has to be "brought up" which immediately says to others "This IS a problem"... Do you sit people down and need to bring up the colour of your T-Shirt? Of course you dont, you just wear it and be happy... So there is nothing to "bring up", you show others who you are and if they dont like it, they can feck off..... Whats to discuss? You would have it everywhere, if thats who you are... Not forced, just natural like anything else. You might be in heels in your dating picture, same as you might be wearing jeans, it deserves no special treatment at all by you, otherwise it then becomes THE issue.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Jeez, that one made me laugh. And made my day. Not only because of the very direct way you said it, but also because it's been so obvious that i still can't get why i did not see it. You are right. I shold just treat it like i do anything else. Be myself. After all, i don't care where i wear heels, and i dont care what people think. It just happens to be my lifestyle, and if anyone gets curious and ask questions, i answer. I just go on my way and enjoy the show the rest of the time, so why not in this case too? I guess it all has to do with me being afraid of opening myself emotionally to anyone and getting hurt. And that made me see it from a totally different angle, which is absolutely wrong. Again, should have been obvious to me. Thanks for making me see the obvious :wavey: Corvus

It really is no big deal... People dont go around saying "I need to tell you something, I like to wear white t-shirts with blue jeans"... Of course not, they just do it, its what you wear whilst talking about far more interesting things :wavey: I have no doubt it may and likely will come up as a question from ladies you date, but thats for them to ask, just the same as if they liked a shirt or tie... You would be amazed at how many guys dont see the obvious, and make it into something wrong, creepy or weird just by the odd bahviour they get upto only when in heels... How many videos on youtube are there of guys parading about in their house in heels and "fetishwear", or in heels doing things that really should not be done in heels? One of our own members here did a "Cutting the grass in thigh high stilettos" which makes you think "WTF is he thinking"? because it seriously highlights that persons fetish, and makes it look like some sort of sexual deviance, especially when the rest of them looks aweful, it toally screams "I care about high heels more than myself" which is not what anybody wants.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I think this is the first time I really deeply agree with Tech and his delivery. To simplify, As a CD myself I often see others wearing clothing that no one would wear in public. It goes to an extreme point of saying "THIS IS MY FETISH". If you want to dress like a girl, then dress like a girl. I don't know too many girls wearing thigh-high boots in general, but in summer? No. A little common sense, and an appreciation for style will go a VERY long way.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

Hi,

And thanks for a great site. I have a little question to ask, and i think it is more relevant for the girls to answer(although guys with experiences in the matter are welcome to).

After a long time single, i'm planning to try dating again. And since i'm wearing heels all the time, wether as a guy or when i crossdress occasionally, i'll have to bring the subject up.

When is the best time to do so? In the profile on the dating site? (I think not).

When exchanging mails, before meeting one another?

Or when meeting in person?

What would you ladies prefer? I want to be honest about it, at an as early stage as possible. But at the same time i'm afraid that telling too soon would scare people away before they get to know who i am, just because they see something not being mainstream. I dont want to be judged by what i wear. I want to be judged by who i am.

So gals, what do you think is the right way and time to bring it up?

Corvus.

My experience with girls is that when they say, "just be yourself" it's well meaning, but it presumes attraction. If you go in and try to get trust and comfort FIRST, you are making a grave mistake and will land yourself in the friend zone. If you go in like a tiger, fearlessly showing her your intent, you will be categorized as potential boyfriend/lover material.

Dating while wearing heels is no different that dating while wearing flats. The same principles that apply when you wear flats apply when you wear heels and make the wearing of the heels irrelevant. If you learn to successfully apply the principles of dating IN GENERAL, you will find the wearing of heels becomes immaterial.

The principles of successful dating are easy, once you practice them without attachment to the outcome. You learn in increments, one step at a time. Start with attraction, then move to getting the girl to feel trust and comfortable, then move to screening the girl (this means walking away if she can't deal with a guy in heels), then ultimately seduction if that's what you are looking to achieve.

I suggest you join a local Meet Up dot com dating class for single men and take from it what you can apply to your life. Intro classes are usually free or have a low $20 fee and you can meet like minded men in similar situations as yours. You may find parts conflict with your personal value system, which is fine. Just exclude those parts from your library of execution.

Activating the belief system that wearing heels makes you more attractive will also help. Heels make you taller and taller men are more attractive to women. Studies prove this. Heels make you walk with artistic motion and move with elegant poetic poise, this type of motion women find attractive. The auditory sounds of the clicks of your heels, since they are done with more artistic harmony than in flats, can also add to your artistic expression. Heels add curvature to your body lines, especially near the buttocks region which women find attractive. Heels enable better posture of the lower back and upper chest region, and good posture is attractive and implies a self confident man. And if you choose to wear heels without volunteering the topic in conversation, it makes you look like a man who thinks for himself. A man who thinks independently, which women also find attractive.

Good luck.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Tech : "So there is nothing to "bring up", you show others who you are and if they dont like it, they can feck off....."

Exactly! Honesty is the BEST policy!

Jeez, that one made me laugh. And made my day. Not only because of the very direct way you said it, but also because it's been so obvious that i still can't get why i did not see it.

Fear of not being accepted. People all worry about not ' fitting in '. in your instance , your looking to meet women ( or men ) and are concerned about the impression of liking high heeled shoes.

In the same instance, your wondering when to ' be honest ' and tell this individual whom your wishing to date in the future.. the whole time till you inform them, your ' holding back ', which you might feel ( or others might feel ) is the ' safest way to go '.

You are right. I shold just treat it like i do anything else. Be myself. After all, i don't care where i wear heels, and i dont care what people think. It just happens to be my lifestyle, and if anyone gets curious and ask questions, i answer. I just go on my way and enjoy the show the rest of the time, so why not in this case too?

Exactly! :)

I guess it all has to do with me being afraid of opening myself emotionally to anyone and getting hurt. And that made me see it from a totally different angle, which is absolutely wrong. Again, should have been obvious to me.

Thanks for making me see the obvious :wavey:

Corvus

That whole ' worry ' about being hurt.. Honestly.. If you live worrying about such, your doomed to being single and probably LONELY forever. Its one thing to be single, and a totally different scene to be ' ALONE '.

Many people talk about how they have been hurt.. This sounds rude, mean spirited and all different kinds of wrong, but people need to get over such and move on in life instead of looking negative about the future.

When I was ' dating ', if the person I was on a date with played the ' Ive been hurt so many times in the past '.. we didnt go out again. Its ' baggage ' and in the past. If its carried into a NEW relationship ( or even just going out on dates ), its reliving all the bad and not going to lead to anything that 2 people can grow from.

Something new should be something fresh. If you dont want to be ' hurt ' the only solution that will guarantee this not happening is to be single and not date at all, something totally not productive.

If your doing some online dating, what *I* would do, in my profile would be to mention something in the areas of interest.

" I like reading.. ( insert whatever interests you have ). I also enjoy looking at some fashion magazines to see what trends are and have some interests in the different fashions of past/present/future. "

If someone inquires about the whole ' fashion ' thing, you probably have a winner. Most women ( IMO ) will probably wonder ' A guy whos into fashion? ' and ( probably ) leave you alone. Its like a filter of sorts.

Theres many ways to express some of your interests in a round about way without making a public statement.

Women are NOT dumb. They catch on to the little ' tells ' like a big league poker player.

You mentioned your a cross-dresser of sorts.. what if a babe shows up for a date in an outfit/shoes you just want to jump into? ( Yeah, this happened to me! Im not a cross dresser though, just like the footware ). Will it un-nerve you or maybe lead to a discussion your comfortable/uncomfortable with?

The good thing though, and to your betterment, Your willing to take the moments and try to figure out how to make it all work. There have been many people ( even some members here ) whom have the same ' dilemma ' as you are having and havent taken that heeled-step forward. In time, Im sure yourself and those others will. Just do it on your own terms and be honest to the people you do it with.

Some would say it takes big-stones to do what your trying/thinking of doing.. it only takes someone willing to be honest with themselves and others. B)

Best wishes,

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I had a date with a woman a few years ago with a woman introduced to me by some mutual friend. We enjoyed a common interest in ballroom dancing. As we danced the night away, she brought up the subject of dancing in and wearing high heels. I told her it was no big deal, that I wore high heels every day. She pushed me away, demanded that i take her home, and never contact her again. The woman i am with now has no problem with me wearing high heels and I wear heels when we go out in public. Different women are going to react differently and that's just a fact. Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

If I were still a guy I'd probably go on the date with fairly "tame" heels and if she comments say something along the lines of "Yeah, I've worn heels for years. Why, is it a problem?". On the next date I would wear slightly higher ones until she does comment.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

All said is good not much to add. We are ourselves, making a decision is decided on how we feel at the time, humour, confidence and in the situation of a first meeting and date it is the live reading of the other as to their body language and how they are speaking, not just what! As ILK in said re, Baggage. It's a turn off, don't need it. Yes it appears though out a relationship but is more often a reflection on the past or reminder. If it's at day one and repeats and repeats then the future is going to be limited. There are so many threads "how/when to tell my GF/wife" and all comments go for "soon" "be honest", I will add be confident. First meeting is a loose intro, the following is opening up both yourself and who is in front of you. Unlocking the persona can be easy, straight forward and a revelation or hard going. The latter doesn't last long! As someone said about first meeting in heels - be normal ignore them, they are shoes not flags. Natural actions will prove you are in control = confidence. If she has issues then she will ask and then do the biz. Lower/block heels would be more acceptable than something exotic. Al

Thanks for all the great comments and support. A nice "reality check". And i would not have worn anything extreme on a first date in any case, the 5,5" stiletto boots will stay home, along with any "baggage". My comfy wedges would be a good choice for a first-time scare :-) Slightly off-topic, but still. People will mostly never ask why i wear heels. Even though i see the curious looks, and am with someone knowing the person in question well. The questions come to the common friend on the next occasion. Happened today (again) in a store, a friend i was with knew the clerk well and she sent me quite a few curious looks. We both commented on that and he mentioned that she would ask next time he was there. I don't mind, this is more or less the standard according to my experience. Happy heeling, folks!

I had a date with a woman a few years ago with a woman introduced to me by some mutual friend. We enjoyed a common interest in ballroom dancing. As we danced the night away, she brought up the subject of dancing in and wearing high heels. I told her it was no big deal, that I wore high heels every day. She pushed me away, demanded that i take her home, and never contact her again. The woman i am with now has no problem with me wearing high heels and I wear heels when we go out in public. Different women are going to react differently and that's just a fact. Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

That made me think, is it always a case of outright rejection/acceptance, or is there some middle ground when we can influence the outcome? I mean, instead of "it's no big deal" if you'd said "yes, our teacher made us wear heels once just to appreciate what our partner's having to do , and you're right it does take a lot more skill" would that have put her in a different mindset? Maybe not in this case, but sometimes a reaction might not be just to what your told but also how you're told. A little bit of empathy can go a long way.

If you like it, wear it.

Her loss, not yours. :wavey:

I always reach this point in my mind with any new girl I meet now. A point where I'm willing to risk her totally walking away if she doesn't accept men's street heeling.

After I've taken the time to generate attraction and "pull" the girl in and get to know her, I always include some form of "pushing" the girl away with my heels. I say things like, "I'm so not your type" quite often. By saying something along this line, I demonstrate a willingness to walk away and indirectly "push" her away. Then if I'm not already wearing heels, I bridge the topic verbally but quite briefly. The results can be quite positively surprising after having already "pulled" her in. It's part of my whole push/pull flirtation philosophy.

Right now, my success rate is about...I can't remember a girl rejecting me at all recently TBH. I attribute that more to learning how to generate attraction, how to be authentic and connect through deep rapport, and how to "seduce"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.