wearing boots in a pub

Rick24

Nope. Haven't done that yet. Would depend on the pub. Can't see it happening in my local in the near future. But elsewhere who knows? I'm in Chester tomorrow. A cosmopolitan tourist city. Might call in a wine bar for a snack and a spritzer. Will keep you posted.

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Another minor achievement. Met up with a fellow heeler in Birmingham last nite ( cheers Jarl Ayari ). I went to a bar later had a few glasses of wine. 4" heels. A few enquiring and quizzical looks. No issues or problems. Very enjoyable:smile:

Yes. Another minor achievement. Met up with a fellow heeler in Birmingham last nite ( cheers Jarl Ayari ). I went to a bar later had a few glasses of wine. 4" heels. A few enquiring and quizzical looks. No issues or problems. Very enjoyable:smile:

That's pretty much the treatment I get in those places.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I too only did it one time. I was with my female friend and we stopped into a club for a quick drink. I was wearing my thighboots over my jeans with a very long sweater. Even though I was with my female friend, there were some rude comments (there were some compliments, too) and both of us were uncomfortable. We weren't there very long. We weren't physically approached, but sometimes verbal confrontation can even be more intimidating.

Im not one for bars/pubs/clubs endless Im one of the Entertainers playing there. One the few occasions where I have gone, nobody really said anything to me..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I too only did it one time. I was with my female friend and we stopped into a club for a quick drink. I was wearing my thighboots over my jeans with a very long sweater. Even though I was with my female friend, there were some rude comments (there were some compliments, too) and both of us were uncomfortable. We weren't there very long. We weren't physically approached, but sometimes verbal confrontation can even be more intimidating.

You need to know familiar with bars and pubs to know what kind of people you can expect.

Some have different kind of people with open minds. There it's no problem to be a bit "different" as a guy in heels. But other bars can be pretty closed communities with people of a certain kind. Those can better be avoided.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

Only done that one time.

Post describing the adventure (See the next to the last paragraph).

I have just never been comfortable in a bar environment; that comes from a very conservative upbringing. :wavey:

I read your post with great interest.

Many of the pub/bars around where I live I would expect a similar negative response. I live in a relatively small town close to Wrexham. A staunch blue collar hard working ex-mining town. Where the men are men and even most of the women are men. Large hairy tattoed forearms. Shocking haircuts. Trainers. And gallons of alcohol. So as of now I just wouldn't heel in a bar here.

However I was in a bar in Birmingham. Busy. Multi cultural. No problem.

I think , based on my experience , city life is more conducive to heeling.

In any case I'm a much more conservative heeler than you. Leather jacket , t-shirt , flared jeans and 4" heels. I do want to be noticed , but not too much. Each to their own heeling.

It's something to do with congruence and balance. My age , my body type , my aspirations , my expectations. My look.

Based on your account I have great admiration for your "look". It's who you are. Flamboyant and dare I say assertive?

As for me? Well I've found a niche of sorts. Since going public recently I've gained a new perspective on what it all means for me.

Many of the gorgeous shoes I have are now redundant. They just don't fit who I am anymore. Private heeling whilst nice is largely empty.

It's akin to owning an Aston Martin DB9 and keeping it in the garage.

So to return to pubs and heels.

I love heels. I love a drink. I love heeling. I have a look. Subdued rock chique. 4" . Go to the city. Select appropriate bar. Meet fellow heelers. Have fun.

Is that naive?

I love heels. I love a drink. I love heeling. I have a look. Subdued rock chique. 4" . Go to the city. Select appropriate bar. Meet fellow heelers. Have fun.

Is that naive?

Naive... no, in fact it sounds like a good plan to me.

The experience I had (as I remember it) was neither negative nor positive. The reaction from everyone was neutral. I have just never been comfortable in a bar setting but from Slides 'n Heels post, I may have just not found the right bar. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hi, I seldom wear boots nowadays. A guy in stilettos and short shift dresses is do-able even in pretty staunch bars! Its quite easy to pull off off if you're confident. I do it all the time across the country. I have my fav. spots but I've been surprised that often the roughest areas are the most accepting... seems bizarre but until you've tried it.... Cheers Heel-Lover

Never had a problem, not in the U.K., Germany, or here in the U.S. Some strange looks on occasion, but no problems.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.