Weird People!

Francis

Just been out to meet the wife coming down the road and 3 minutes out the door and a car with two boy-racers came past with one of them hanging out the window with a camera! "Slow down mate!" was shouted to me. I gave just gave them a thumbs-up as they went past and shouted to them "Get a life!". Who's the weirder? Me for wearing heels or them for wanting to take pictures? :smile:

It could be taken either way as there are those with different agendas. If they were seriously interested, I would take it as a compliment as they were interested in seeing men in heels. If they weren't interested, then yes...they need to get a life and stop bothering those of us who merely wish to be happy.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Just think of it this way...When people are in a group they act the same. But there is got to be at least one individual in that group who thought he would liked to wear high heels, or at least thought it was a cool idea.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think they were more interested in getting a picture just to prove to their mates that they saw a bloke in high heels! Terayon - I haven't mastered warp speed in 4" heels yet :smile: Just a pity that it's off the road B) Had they been on foot I would have asked what their interest was. If it was negative, then I would have smeared them across the nearest walls. But I must repress that desire or the message won't get across B)

Probably the best translation of bloke into American English is "dude". It's a term that is a bit out of control here in the USA. I think the trend got started in Southern California (see the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure", with a very young Keanu Reeves) and is pretty prevalent in the western US.

Hiya Guys, Me just having another sticky B) , sounds like there are a few stirrers around here, some could be potential road rage candidates. Entertaining stuff! Take care Inga :smile: _________________ Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-03-01 12:43 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Only by getting into the drivers seat :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Beating someone up is never the correct answer unless they either get physical with you first or physical with someone that is at a big disadvantage. Idiots will be idiots. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I, personally, don't like violence and will walk away from a fight. But when there's no alternative, then, hell, I dive in. If I'm gonna take a pasting then I might as well dish some out. Fighting was a focus of my life when I was young. 7 year old nothing taking on 14-16 year old boys who thought it was fun to pick on little kids. They soon thought different :smile: These days, I like the quiet life, so fighting is not an everyday occurence, I'm glad to say.

I know that Francis. I was speaking more to terayon. He's just about at the stage in life where beating the crap out of someone is rewarded with jail time as opposed to a detention. This can be a rather unpleasant surprise for the unwary! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I think it shatters their reality to see someone happy, and being quite fashionable in a a good pair of heels. They're secure in their version of 'manhood' and if they see a guy in heels, then they feel threatened by it, and then to reassert themselves emotionally, they feel they have to belittle the other gent in order to raise themselves back up. Quite infantile, really.....

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Don't you find it sad that, when confronted with something or someone who challenges their perceptions about what is normal or "masculine" some men will act like children and resort to playground behaviour? Perhaps one day the chains of this kind of juvenile thinking will be ripped assunder and men can finally be liberated from themselves, however, whilst these bullies are given free reign I fear we won't see it :smile:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 2002-03-03 11:49, Francis wrote:

I, personally, don't like violence and will walk away from a fight. But when there's no alternative, then, hell, I dive in. If I'm gonna take a pasting then I might as well dish some out.

That's exactly what I think. The point is, by walking away from a potential fight, you deprive the other person of the possibility of "proving" or imposing his point of view. By doing that, he loses. But when one is cornered, there's nothing else to do but fight; all animals do that, but only humans do it to "prove" a point.

Terayon, you seem conflicted. But I am not playing psychologist today. As for this subject... it's interesting. So someone took a picture. Francis you should have mooned them. That would certainly be priceless. I know you have it in you to display your bottom for the camera. On a more primal level, our genetic ancestors have had to be aggressive to survive. Look at Cro Magnon vs Neandertal. I hope I have the spelling correct. Life back then was about fighting for survival. Hunt, fish, gather things, run a long way, be strong and fierce. And the aspects of that are still in us. Even a few thousand years ago life was tough and a struggle, and it continued that way for a long time! It is only in recent times that things have fallen apart. Why? Because our society has high production and that survival struggle has changed. Yet we still have the adrenaline and the anger required to survive thousands of years ago. So it is no wonder that some men feel threatened by seeing a man in clothing ascribed to a female. They cannot help it, as they have never been taught to overcome their basic programming of the strong, agressive male. That's my theory, anyway. Yes I am posting for a promotion, but it is fun to type anyway! :smile: And evidence does point to both male and female hunters tens of thousands of years ago.