Nail Polish for Men makes the UK news.

CassieJ

Saw this article today and I hadn't seen it posted here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2102650/Trend-MALE-polish-rise-Seal-Cash-Warren-Johnny-Depp-spotted-painted-fingernails.html

It's about some celebrity men that are wearing nail polish and the marketing of polish to men.

Used to in about '75 during the summer months but I probable got lazy and stopped. Got several comments at work but as a 20/21 year old with glam rock in our faces it was less of the negatives and more of why, which considering was very good for the time. The most hushed whispers and looks I got is when I went to see an uncle and aunt in central Kent (Goudhurst actually), Not only being sporting metallic black nails and black race leathers my long hair at the time and body size did give a slight feminine look from the back. Couldn't pull off a "Marianne Faithful -Girl on a Motorcycle" look but then it wasn't in the plan or package. Nice idea and I think I could again, what interests me the most is the strengthener, about 3 time at least a year I catch my right thumb nail and split it to the quick. OUCH! Nice find well done Al

Male grooming has changed massively in recent years and there is just as much willingness by young men to look good as there is for women. Clearly only a matter of time before they steal all the tricks the ladies use to make themselves stand out. This makes lots of formally taboo things acceptable then mainstream which is all good for us.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 3 months later...

Male grooming has changed massively in recent years and there is just as much willingness by young men to look good as there is for women. Clearly only a matter of time before they steal all the tricks the ladies use to make themselves stand out.

This makes lots of formally taboo things acceptable then mainstream which is all good for us.

I have been noticing throughout the US that a lot of younger women are more accepting of men being more and more stylish in looks as nail polish, shoes etc.

I have been noticing throughout the US that a lot of younger women are more accepting of men being more and more stylish in looks as nail polish, shoes etc.

Matter of factly, a lot of women are willing to help with men getting into the fashion status.

• 2 weeks later...

Women definitely seem to appreciate guys doing different things in the fashion arena, be it wearing earrings, nail polish, high heels, or wearing a skirt. Perhaps showing a feminine, more creative side convinces women they'll get a cleaner and more thoughtful "man" in the process. Whatever it is I have certainly noticed that many guys are treated better than ever by women they meet while wearing heels, etc. I know many of us have discovered we act somewhat differently when the heels go on. I recently dropped into a Bakers store and ended up going outside the mall to share a smoke with one the store manager. She had on a skirt and her black Cecilia wedges with fuschia toe polish and I had on bootcut jeans and my cognac color "Cecilia" wedges with a light purple toe polish and there we were enjoying a moment outside! A few minutes later we back into the store.The two of us had no less than five good comments about our shared shoe style. Get out there and enjoy your life and what the world has to offer. HappyinHeels