2 pairs 2 problems.

Bought two pairs of heels off Ebay. Both pairs as new, one with tags. First pair, the ones with tags. The right shoe squeaks as I walk and I can see nothing wrong the shoe. This pair are being returned to the seller. The other pair. Model Caly from Faith. These are slingbacks, but with twin straps that cross over on the heel. The straps are attached to the main body of the shoe by a piece of elastic.The strap has come away from the piece of elastic. The seller said I could have a refund of £10 or send them back. Not sure what to do at the moment. Is it worth having them repaired? or just send them back?

The seller said I could have a refund of £10 or send them back. Not sure what to do at the moment. Is it worth having them repaired? or just send themback?

To me, it would depend upon how the shoes fit and how much I liked them.

It would appear that repairing the heel strap wouldn't be difficult. I'd take them to a cobbler and ask his opinion and how much he would charge to repair them, if they are repairable. If they cost to much or are not repairable, then, be all means, return them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The shoes that squeaks looks good in the photos bit look cheap which I got them. I would of keep them had the shoe not squeaked and sold them on at a later date. As for the other shoes. Look good when I tried them on, fit reasonable well but going to be a lot of trouble for me to get them repaired so back to the seller they go. I had a close look at the strap and there appears to no stitching on it, just held together by glue.

Elastics can be re-stitched (if its the stitching thats failed) or replaced, either way make sure your repairer can run fine thread through their machine. otherwise it will look a bit butchered afterwards! If you find someone whos sympathetic with their stitching then it will be an invisible mend, But will probably cost close to your £10 compensation, so it would be your call!

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.