Can't see images or avatars.

OK, we have had some people abusing this service and posting links to pictures on bpalma's server at other places besides hhplace.org, contrary to what we asked. Without going into too many technical details, this could cost bpalmatv some real life cash. For those of you struggling to understand this, suppose you said you would offer to pay for your friend at a meal but then he brought 10 friends along too and gave you a bill for $200 and said he hoped it would be OK, would you feel pissed off or what? The places where other people are posting pictures elsewhere are being monitored and if you do so, and the person doing so is identified with this board, you will be banned and the membership/future mebership of this board terminated. This is possible though the use of server logs and ip addresses. Bpalma has kindly agreed to make the recent restrictions on his service more selective but as part of this process, the places where pictures are called from his server will be monitored closely. If you get banned from this board for abuse, don't say you haven't been warned.

Firefox, bpalmatv, et al: I think I did this once quite a while ago, I don't remamber where or when. If my name comes up, I will gladly remove the offending hotlink, wherever it is, if it is still there. Regarding viewing images on this board--I regularly use IE5.0, 6.0 (at work/school) and Mozilla (both places), and Safari on Macs at School. No problems. At home I use Zone Alarm Pro as a firewall, and Panda AV. I agree, Macaffee av is junk. So is Norton and, as far as I am concerned, so is PC-Cillin. None of them detected, much less removed the virii and wormz that recently infected my OS to the point that it slowed down reminiscent of trying to run Win 3.1 on a 286. Finally I went to the internet, via google, to find the 10 most respected av programs world wide, then I downloaded the trial versions of each. Panda was the fourth try, Kaspersky would have been 5th, and grisoft no. 6, so I can't naysay those. I had been running PC-Cillin, so I knew that wouldn't work; I had used MacAffee in the past--their demo removed some virii, but wouldn't touch a persistant system virus; Norton just crashed my system (twice) when it tried to install, and f-prot simply said everything was A-OK! I had been having some problems viewing the pix when I was running IE6, and PC-Cillin or MacAffee, I don't remember which, and no firewall, before I had to reformat my HDD in August. Sorry to digerss. The point is it may be the brand of av, firewall, or version of IE that you are using.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I don't know what I did but it's working now. Lovely thigh length boots over at the fave pics section. Yum!

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

It wasn't anything you did Warren. Bpalma kindly agreed to lift the blanket restriction and ban specific sites where the linking had taken place, but also to monitor what sites were calling up pics form his server other than this one and pass the details on to me. So if Bubba sees Becky in chat or whatever, he can tell her it should be back to normal now.

Woohoo everything is back to normal :drinking: Thank you Firefox and Bpalma for putting things back to the way they were - you've made me very happy bunny. Becks xxxx

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

>> Thank you Firefox and Bpalma for putting things back to the way they were <<

Things are not quite the same as they were originally.

Since the image server came online a year ago, any pictures uploaded there could be linked to from any website and displayed in that page.

The ban, 2 weeks ago, meant that the only place that links would work was this site and that links from all other sites were banned.

The new way is that there is a list of sites where linking is banned. Links from those sites will not work. However, links from any other site will work, but the owner has asked that people do not do this. The list of incoming links is being monitored, and so if any other sites link to the images they will be added to the list of banned sites, so that their link no longer works. This makes more work for the image server site owner, but makes things easier for your browser settings.