Repainting leather insole?

Hi, with all the experts around here I was wondering if anyone has ever repainted insoles? I have a pair of Boutique 9 heels that I am rather fond of and which have a cream insole. I noticed some gray marks on the insole and thought they had gotten some dirt in them. When I wiped them down, they got dirtier! Oops. I figure whatever they used to give them that white/cream color was rubbing off and would like to repaint them with something that will not run too much with perspiration. Then I would use some sort of removable insoles to protect the original insoles from friction, perspiration, dirt, and the like. Any suggestions are much appreciated! :wavey:

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

OK, I know it can be off putting when your shoes get to be somewhat less than pristine but these grey marks are just signs of wear and won't be seen by anyone when you're wearing them anyway. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Tarrago make a fantastic coloured shoe dye which comes in a multitude of shades so you should find one that matches, and once it's fully dry you shouldn't have any problems with it rubbing off. It's widely available over here in the UK and they sell online ( www.tarrago.co.uk ) they may post to the US if you get really stuck.

MrsW, that is about perfect! "Changes colour, even black to white. Repairs scuffs, scratches and restores colour. Dries to a shine, an after finish is not required. For leather, canvas and synthetic leather." Cool.

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net