Bias against high heels?

Sangue16

I haven't even got a passport any more.  I've been everywhere I need to go.  I gather they won't let you wear shoes or feed babies now.

In 1999 I went to Ibiza with Ex just before he became Ex.  It was a last ditch attempt.  Not Ibiza town, but a quiet little place up the coast.  Children left with grandparents.  We had a nice time - picnics among the pine trees on cliffs overlooking the azure Mediterranean, with rose wine, a baguette and a tin of sardinas en escabeche, that sort of thing.  It was a nice way for it to end, really.  It's my default mental image for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oextk-If8HQ  Well, the chorus, anyway.  They're local boys, from Battle.

I'd heard that about Bowie.  You should follow suit and sail.  I can picture you as Julia Flyte showing grit in the face of an Atlantic storm.  Charles Ryder is such a terrible nonentity, though, and a cad.  I'm sure you could do better.

As long as the food is nice, there's somewhere to dance and my cabin is kept clean and tidy with fresh towels each day then I dare say I could weather the odd storm.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It doesn't surprise me in the least.  There's been a steady increase in places believing that they're doing their customers a favour by letting them in.

On a slightly different note, three years ago my daughter and some friends had gone out.  They got a taxi to Wetherspoons and on getting out of the taxi she dropped her purse.  Her friends had got in but the overgrown oaf at the door said she was drunk and wouldn't let her in. I was livid when I found out. She wasn't drunk, but if she had been this moron thought it was appropriate to split her up from her friends, who knew nothing of what had happened.  They should have let her in and not served her alcohol.  You're led to believe that doormen are trained.  I suspect that training amounts to how to wear a black coat menacingly, like most teacher training is about how to walk around a playground with a cup of coffee.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Amanda.  I don't mean to derail this thread, but two years ago I attended the funeral of an ex-pupil who only needed a friend there to turn him on to his front.  He got split  from his friends because they wouldn't let him in.  Licences are meant to protect the drinkers, not the licencees.  He shouldn't have been served, but he shouldn't have been split form his friends.  It ought to be in law that bouncers mustn't split people from their friends.