What sandals with trousers?

Tacchi Alti

I have a pair of 5" mules which I would wear more if my trouser bottoms didn't keep tucking themselves under my foot. I attribute that to the fact that the heel of my foot leaves the mule while I'm walking, allowing the trousers to tuck themselves up for the night. Would sandals with an ankle strap solve the problem, or would I still have the trousers catching on the top of the heel? I assume everyone's the same in taking a size smaller in sandals to avoid the top of the heel projecting beyond the back of the foot, but my mules don't project. Also, what styles and colours would people suggest? I tend to wear light tan ('men's') sandals, with light-colour trousers or shorts. Would similar high-heel jobs look the part?

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I have (they are my moms actually) a pair of wedge heeled sandals, and i have the same problem as you...havent found a way to fix it yet...a strap may help, never tried sandals with a strap though...sim sure highluc could help you though...he seems to have tried on every type of heel imaginable!

That problem is difficult to resolve. As you pointed out, be sure your heel extends further back as the shoe so the pants can glide back down. Pants with a crease ironed in the front and back also help a bit, as are pants with heavier turned over hems. All this will not prevent the bottom to catch once in a while between your mule and heel, even on wide bell bottoms. If you really want to wear mules with longer pants minimizing that problem, be sure to choose a mule with a little platform and much upward curved front on the sole. This will aid in keeping your heel against the shoe when walking with small steps at a normal pace and only allowing minimal if any space for the pants to catch in between. Hence the benefits of slingbacks (less problems) and ankle straps (almost no problems). A pure mule should best be worn with shorter pants. Even an ankle length skirt can catch in between if too long. If anybody else has a miracle solution, let me know.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Somehow, I don't think there is any 'magical' solution to rid the pants from catching a ride on the back of your heels, unless you are wearing something with a back. I've tried with my 5" platform sandals, and they get caught too. Oh well...

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It happens to me with slingbacks and ankle strap sandals, not as much as mules, mind you, but there are still moments. Even around the hose, when I switch into mules for just being at home, I have the problem. My sollution is to just find a new style of pants to love. Enter, Capri pants! Summer is so much fun. It isn't fun when someone bumps your table in the pub and your drink spills just a bit, and into the cuff of your nice short pants, however... :smile: I do tend to muse and ramble off the subject, don't I. A true sign of trying to look like I am not posting for the purpose of reaching 200.

Yeah, Capri pants work, ankle straps also. Hey and remember when I wear my mules and sandles, out comes the NP as I don't wear hose with such, got to make my feet look right. B) Get plenty of practice here as Australian summers are long. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Sometimes I think I shold move to Australia, it sounds so nice and warm. This is entirely influenced by two things, one of which is this kick of winter we seem to have. It was warm! Then one day, the weather imps decided that the snow for the mountains should torment the little city where Laurie lived. They laughed and howled with delight at forcing her to stick to three inch ankle boots for walking around. Okay, I am tired to the point of sleeping on my keyboard, so surreal images are floating about.

Wear shorter trousers and not so flared is another solution. Then there is not enough loose materila to get caught These tighter narrow bottom trousers were in style for women for a long time and even mens trousers could be bought quite narrow. I realise though, that this might not be the style you want. At the moment, fashions are much longer and flared.

Pedal pushers seem okay for the boys in Denim. Then they just think of them as a very long pair of denim shorts. I have seen this a few times, and it looks good. Not superb, but still good. See? Any fashion choice for one gender can be blurred over the line and into a suitable style for another gender. So if they can do that with some type of heel now, everyone may end up happy. Choice is good, change is better, best is to just do you own thing, baby. (5 points to the person who can tell me the saying that my quote was based upon.)

I don't particularly want to cut the hems of my new trousers! What I do intend trying is inserting a short (6") piece of stiff wire up the back from the bottom of the hem to see if that makes any difference or whether the whole lot will just gum up at the top of the heel.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton