Your WORST Idea of a Lady's Shoe (fun pics please!)

Heelfan

to coin a much used phrase eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww grooossssss The first ones seem to be the unpleasant offspring created when some doctor martins were left in the closet with some jesus creeper sandals. Second ones are nearly as awful too. HF how do you find these "shoes" (for want of a better description of these abominations) do you type ugly shoes in a google search box?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blimey, I have seen used paint rags which look better than those green things, who is designing this stuff? or better yet, who is wearing it? I suppose tho, if there is some fancy designer lable on it somebody will pay huge amounts of money for them. One of these days somebody is going to sell old coke cans with holes in them and call them shoes... just wait for the rush to buy them

"Sling backs" those ones are definitely so named as that's what you'd do with them. Sling em back where they came from.

http://www.zappos.com/images/824/7133824/73811-t.jpgSeeing as how most of the "ugly" pics of women's shoes are flats, I thought I'd offer to all of you a thought that perhaps the beauty isn't so much in the heel, but in the design.

To wit, the beautiful shoes:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

And the ugly shoes:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image (too much like the car in The Great Race)

Posted Image (a bit wrinkly?)

Posted Image (ummm, what in the world is this?)

Posted Image (ok, so you want 5 times the environmental toxins as does the wearer of a plain old pair of flip flops)

Posted Image (Noah's Ark, anyone?)

Posted Image (Megadeath specials)

Posted Image (I'm sure they sell, but why?)

Posted Image (beatlemania - I don't know)

Posted Image (string-art)

Posted Image (jet-ski heel)

Posted Image (woah - way dated)

Posted Image (more fi-dough)

PLEASE bear in mind that out of the 1,200 shoes I just reviewed, I let the vast majorty (98.83%) pass unscathed. So the ones I picked out were really, in my opinion, the bottem of the barrel.

What was the purpose of this exercise? To remind the viewer that a beautiful heel can indeed be flat, while many ugly high heels abound.

That is not to say, however, that there are not many beautiful high heels, for I truly believe that a heel's height gives it's shoe additional beauty!

Nevertheless, heel height is not the end-all, be-all, with respect to a beautiful shoe.

Well no, sorry, I'm such a genuine high heel fanatic that just about everything with a fairly high heel is fantastic, and everything flat is feeble! Thus I find Nos 5 and 7 quite sexy and attractive. Not by any means 10 out of 10 you understand, but certainly not deserving of this "worst shoe" thread! As for the rest - agreed! 'Orrible! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Scotty!

You tell us that your wife wears these:

Posted Image

and these (several pairs!):

Posted Image

Can I please ask you:

Are you showing her this thread and pointing out that she is wearing the very worst styles that members of this thread can come up with?

Does she also wear lovely high stiletto heels?

Do you both have the same taste in her shoes? Do you help her choose?

Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Lucy, As someone else pointed out here once, we all have our own styles, likes, dislikes, etc. Just because she does not choose to wear high heels does not mean she is a horrible person. Yes I have expressed I wished she wore more "femine" shoes, she also expressed she wished I wore more "masculine" shoes. Tuchee. She allows me to wear what I want (within reason) and I allow her to wear what she wants. I think it would make for a much happier society if everyone just accepted each other for their preferences instead of forcing yours onto everyone else:) Scotty

Hi Scotty!, Heaven forbid that anybody should even dream of suggesting that your wife is a "horrible person" (your words, no-one else's). I restricted my questions to your your wife's shoe tastes, and only that as a result of you bringing it up on this thread yourself (twice in fact) of your own volition as if you wanted to talk about it. Let's just pause and remember that this thread was obviously started as a great fun thread, many of the shoes depicted are utterly hilarious, and the postings and replies show that it is giving a lot of members much pleasure and lighthearted entertainment. This thread was not certainly not intended to victimise any specific person such as your wife, because none of the posters of the pictures of "worst shoes" could have had any notion whatsoever that your wife is wearing such styles. I suggest that the best thing is for us all to carry on enjoying and chuckling at this humourous thread in a lighthearted way without bringing any personalities into it who might feel hurt. I'm sure we've all (including me!) got the odd pair of "horrors" tucked away that deserve to be on this "worst shoe" thread! You can't beat a really good laugh! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Lucy,

As someone else pointed out here once, we all have our own styles, likes, dislikes, etc. Just because she does not choose to wear high heels does not mean she is a horrible person. Yes I have expressed I wished she wore more "femine" shoes, she also expressed she wished I wore more "masculine" shoes. Tuchee. She allows me to wear what I want (within reason) and I allow her to wear what she wants. I think it would make for a much happier society if everyone just accepted each other for their preferences instead of forcing yours onto everyone else:)

Scotty

You know? I couldn't agree more!

My wife's choice of shoes sometimes includes heels, but more often than not, she's wearing flats, either sandals or covered shoes.

Ugh!

But that is her choice, and I most certainly respect it!

Hi Lucy, I certanly didn't mean it as an attack on you. Yes I brought it up that she wears those two styles (alot, mostly actually), but I wasn't bringing it up for any other reason as just stating fact. Also (not you) but I have seen some people saying "who would wear such ugly things" when referring to shoes here. Yes it is in all good fun and yes I can see from a standpoint "not my cup of tea", but I don't think people who do like and enjoy such styles should be bashed for wearing them (and no I am not saying you bashed my wife or anyone bashed my wife). Afterall, alot of people think it odd to see a man in heels and here we are on a board discussing that very thing. If someone choses to wear flats all day, so be it. If they choose to wear 7" heels all day, power to them is all I meant. Now, let's get back to the "interesting" looking shoes and enjoying the fun of the topic. Scotty

My wife used to have a pair of these, but with a thicker sole:

Posted Image

We used to refer to them as her "dainties". While not my first choice for female footwear, they were definitely suitable for stomping through the mud at Ozzfest '98! Much more so than the stilettos we saw one girl teetering around on. HHDS would have loved it!

Chris

eeeeeeeewwwww grooosssss etc.etc. Gotta say you found some really good examples of ugly shoes HF, but you really should get out more :roll:

Yep those are definately examples of horrible womens shoes. I will be having nightmares for weeks now, in which those become the shoes of choice for all women.

Except for the color, those aren't that bad, definitely better than plain flip-flops. Given nice toe rings, nail polish and an anklet, they could be very sexy on someone with sexy feet! My wife and sister in law both just bought some, hope they wear them soon;) Scotty