New shoe shop

Posted Image

The local branch of Faith had a pile of something very similar to these (with a heel just over 4.5 inches high, and in sizes from UK size 4 to 7 or so) at only GBP 10, in their sale, back in about August. I was a fool not to get them.

Is there an actual shop front or is it just mail order as they don't give much away on the "About us" section of what and where they are???

Well they gave these two addresses:

ICON-SHOES, 234 Sandycombe Road, Kew, TW9 2EQ

ICON-SHOES, 148 Bedfont Lane, Feltham, Middlesex TW14 9NJ

They are one of several various resellers of stuff made by Leatherworks in Southgate Road, Islington, London.

Those are the same images as on the Leatherworks web site, and they even use the same stock codes too.

Nice find, and good to have a few more high-heel retail outets, as not everyone likes going into central London.

Posted Image

The heels as shown are unwearable. The heel tip is lower than the sole meaning negative toespring. I wonder why they are showing a fantasy version when people want to judge a real life product to make a buying decision. I wouldn't buy from them if that's the case.

one of those addresses is not far from me in Feltham, and I don't think it's a shop front unless it changed recently. I will take a closer looksee when I'm passing by (only to help the good people of this forum, not for any kind of selfish motive obviously :( ) from the streetmap.co.uk site it looks close to a parade of shops so it's possible I missed it on my way past before. Will keep you updated on my findings when appropriate.....

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

:( :argue: symbols of annoyance. I spent ages pointing out icon stilettos to people in the fetish posts when they were speaking of leatherworks, but noone seemed to acknowledge. I emailed them for prices, and they same to be either a little cheaper or the same as leatherworks. Yes pics and codes are the same daz

>> I spent ages pointing out icon stilettos to people in the fetish posts when they were speaking of leatherworks, but noone seemed to acknowledge. <<

Heh! Don't worry about it too much Daz, as that has happened to me too. I think that it is simply that there is so much information here that it is easy for people to overlook things.

One other problem that sometimes occurs is that people looking for information sometimes start new posts with questions rather then using forum search first. By using the search they might find the answer, or an already started thread to which new messages could be added on the end.

Hey guys! It's easier to post the question again than it is to search for the answer to the same question that has been asked before. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Easier, but somewhat lazy. I don't think most people know how to use the search properly. If "and" is include between words it comes up with things much better. But, granted, there must be a balance between new and old threads. Back on topic with the new shoe source, I hope now. Has anyone bought shoes from them which look exactly like the pics they post?

OK, went past the address closest to me, no sign of a shop selling heels :( maybe out back of one of the others, as I was driving at the time (albeit very slowly).

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I have a funny feeling about this firm. I don't know if there's anything in it. The thing that's got the alarm bells ringing is the fact that there are no prices.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think some of the design/coding on the site is broken, and works differently to other online sites. I don't see any prices either.

Additionally, even though I selected English on the start page, some of the page titles are coming up in French.

The how to pay page says to pay through PayPal, and the seller has a hotmail email account: russind@hotmail.com

The order form is not on a secure server and you have to type in (rather than select from a list) the product code.

Most Importantly: the form validation is done client-side using javascript, whereas it really should be done server-side on a secure server. This means that, in theory, you could submit whatever data you want to their server (like made up prices and so on).

I'm not sure about some of the "reassuring" wording on the site:

>>ALL DANCERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A DISCOUNT WITH PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT. <<

>> We will refund the cost of the product's you have bought up to 30-day guarantee. All return's subject to goods to be in perfect condition, that was sent to you. <<

>> Don't want to order online or don't have a credit card? Just, CALL US FREE 0800 3897 234 <<

but they do have a FREEFONE number. How do I pay without a Credit Card. Errrrr.

I am not sure what to make of this, although, above, someone reported third hand a successful purchase.

Can anyone find out more?

Hmm, I really think this is an amateur setup. Check out the spelling and grammar in the questionnaire:

Formula

You can fill this formular to send your comments. I'll be aware of your suggestions, propositions and anything else.

Last name

First name

Email

Describe yourself...

Gender ? Female Male Couple

Where are you from ?

WHen do you visit this site ?

What would you like to find on this site ?

Aren't you a boot lover ?

How many pairs of boots do you own ?

How many pairs do you buy each year ?

How much do you spend for one pair ? (except for made-to-measure)

What footwear style do you prefer ?

What boot style do you prefer ?

What heel height do you prefer to see ?

What heel height do you prefer to wear ?

What platforms height do you prefer to see ?

What platforms height do you prefer to wear ?

What kind of leather do you prefere?

What is you favorite brand in general ?

What is you actual favorite model ?

Give a decription of you dreamt model !

Suggestions and comments about this site...

Comments

Click to send

Those are some odd questions. Questionaires like that are usually anonymous. They want too much personal information.

Hmm, I am reminded of the typical spelling and grammar of the 419 scam emails here.

This is obviously completely unrelated to that scam, but if you don't know what the 419 scam is, then Google for it.

I wouldn't buy from this site. In fact, I would erase all evidence of it from my computer as quickly as I could. Sounds like a "Nigerian" scam to me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.