"Metrosexuality" - Ugh!

genebujold

Not really, but there was a post on that site fairly recently from someone who wanted to know the difference between metrosexual and gay. I think of metrosexual as being gay, due to the Caesar haircuts, but the two are not interchangable.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Laurie, You know what, I'm a Metrosexual still in 2008 and I love it!!! Now if I can find a lady who has the same basic core values as I do as well as the same fashion sense I,d be a very HAPPY MAN!!!

• 1 month later...

Well folks I'm a metrosexual and also a redneck, weird combinatioor what ??? Well, my new Girlfriend dosen't seem to think so, She thinks that it makes me a much stronger person because it says that I'm not afraid to say or do what is on my mind and live upto my own convicitations and expecatations which makes me a stronger, better person!!!

Redneck just refers to my values, things that I like to do and my taste in music, which is classic rock, rock and roll, the blues, and the good old fashioned oldies!!! Metrosexual refers to the fact that I'm a stickler for details, a neat freak, The fact that I clean up well after a hard days work, my taste in feminine/ unisex clothing and shoes and I shave everything from the waist down and my pits, as well as the fact that I conduct myself as real gentleman/ ladies man!!! I also love to indulge in the spa and even take a date there!!!

I think you're mixing metaphors here -- taking some of (but not all of) the stereotypical characteristics of a redneck and a metro. You sound like either a sophisticated redneck or a down-to-earth metro -- both of which are almost contradictions in terms :smile: In simpler -- though less descriptive -- words, you are an individual with a unique sense of taste and even more unique ways of expressing it. :thumbsup: Congratulations -- it's something for which we all strive. Some of us even achieve it with varying degrees of success.

Have a happy time!

Nick, I've known and worked with rednecks when roofing in Florida, so unless you drink beer while driving your pickup truck to work, then more beer at work, and sooth the days with yet more beer for the drive home to your trailer, then swear and curse at every second word out of your mouth, your not a redneck. As for metrosexual, thats just BS, beaing neat and tidy, and looking after yourself has nothing to do with sexuality, so the air-head that thought that one up should be shot! You sound like just a decent clean and tidy guy who cant spell :thumbsup:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Sorry about my spelling But, I'm having alot of fun on this site!!!

INCIDENTALY, I do drive a 4X4 pick-up truck and I love my Chevy But, I donnot drink beer anymore because I cannot!!! I do enjoy Black Velvet on the rocks!!!

Just so all of you Guys and Girls Know, I'm Recently seperated, AND I love women as well as I'm interested in meeting a lady with similar fashion interests and good old fashioned values nearby me here in Albany, N.Y.

Just so all of you Know I really enjoy this site, As it lets me be me!!!

:thumbsup:

Nick, I've known and worked with rednecks when roofing in Florida, so unless you drink beer while driving your pickup truck to work, then more beer at work, and sooth the days with yet more beer for the drive home to your trailer, then swear and curse at every second word out of your mouth, your not a redneck.

As for metrosexual, thats just BS, beaing neat and tidy, and looking after yourself has nothing to do with sexuality, so the air-head that thought that one up should be shot!

You sound like just a decent clean and tidy guy who cant spell :smile:

By the way, How can we incorporate spell checker???

rednecks are the salt of the earth...they fight our wars,build our stuff...do all kids of shitty jobs. so if they drink too much beer,so what. if i had to go to war,i would consider myself blessed to have rednecks in either of the foxholes adjacent to me.

rednecks are the salt of the earth...they fight our wars,build our stuff...do all kids of shitty jobs. so if they drink too much beer,so what. if i had to go to war,i would consider myself blessed to have rednecks in either of the foxholes adjacent to me.

I don't do a "shitty" job, I am a Liscensed H.V.A.C./R Mechanic and I'm a U.S. Navy vetern and I'm damn proud of both as I love my god, my country my job and espicialy my freedom!!!

I also love this website as it gives me the freedom to express myself!!!:thumbsup: