Girls joining discussions on the 'for everybody' forum...

Roberto74

Hi there, I see on this 'for everybody' forum mostly men discussing.. I see nice threads on the 'only girls' forum too but many just stick on that 'only girls' forum and I would love to see the girls come over and join the discussions here too or combine all fora maybe? Would be nice to hear more girls talking about their high heel experiences and not mostly men (much respect for all men wearing high heels very well and in public though:unsure:)... What are your thoughts about that? (please not just men reply to this!) :smile:

I think you would see more ladies here if they didn't have to deal with guys who get upset over their opinions about men in high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Unfortunately I think they are still put off by certain questions and statements made by people on here. For example, can we have pictures? How long do you wear your shoes? rather than just continuing the thresd theme. This is only a minority of members but I think it does put the ladies of participating.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Indeed, some guys just go overboard and seem to focus on the actual shoe rather than being nice to the person in the shoe :smile: Gets a bit creepy when you see guys asking pervy questions, makes me want to reach for the delete button...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I think you would see more ladies here if they didn't have to deal with guys who get upset over their opinions about men in high heels.

Many ladies here didn't upset guys - i think - because they like men in hh. Some even live with boyfriends/husband who wear hh. Of course many ladies don't like man in hh and we have to respect this (maybe some day they will change their mind :smile: It is my wish).

As Tech says, I think that the main reason is because they're afraid of getting "creepy" replies from guys asking for pictures or making pervy comments.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As Tech says, I think that the main reason is because they're afraid of getting "creepy" replies from guys asking for pictures or making pervy comments.

And that is too bad. Those "creepy guys" should be banned when that happens. This is a fun website and there are some wonderful and opinionated women here who are a delight to hear their views when they do express them in the everybody section.

And that is too bad. Those "creepy guys" should be banned when that happens. This is a fun website and there are some wonderful and opinionated women here who are a delight to hear their views when they do express them in the everybody section.

I couldnt agree more...

I couldn't agree more.

Many ladies here didn't upset guys - i think - because they like men in hh. Some even live with boyfriends/husband who wear hh.

This is a bad generalisation, which is the reason why guys are upset when they are turned down : the forum is dedicated to all high heel lovers, not specifically to guy in heels lovers...

Of course many ladies don't like man in hh and we have to respect this (maybe some day they will change their mind :smile: It is my wish).

Again, it happened too often that after a lady posted, all the guys fell on her trying to make her change her mind. Personal choices are ... personal, now, to the guys, aren't they ??

That should be put on the rules pages!

I know sometimes we all hit the submit button without sorting the spellings or grammar which can read, shall we say "odd" but there is NO excuses when it's blatant.

Even cheeky tongue in cheek can backfire so caution should always be taken, remember there's no body language to give safe/unsafe clues, added to that there maybe several hours between postings and the initial flow of the thread fades.

Remember the girls can post in all forums. WE guys are effectively banned because of bad behaviour from theirs. I welcome all girls to voice their views anywhere, it is their view not a law. Amanda Snake ruffled a few feathers late last year. It was her view, her feelings, yet many got very anti. Over the top anti and that did no favours!

Respect the person please.

Al

[...]

This is a bad generalisation, which is the reason why guys are upset when they are turned down : the forum is dedicated to all high heel lovers, not specifically to guy in heels lovers...

Ups i'm afraid I was missunderstood. My poor english don't let me express what I want to.

I meant that many womens here like men in heels. And I like read they opinions even that womens who dislike. Im not upset when I read that someone don't like men in HH. Everyone have own opinion.

Again, it happened too often that after a lady posted, all the guys fell on her trying to make her change her mind. Personal choices are ... personal, now, to the guys, aren't they ??

Mens shouldn't do this. Everyone likes what they want.

I'm far away from to convince everyone that men in hh are loook great and womens love them.

As i said my english is poor and i stay beside and Will read this conversation mostly.

I believe this is an equation of varying mindsets. Being a website that spans the whole globe, we all see things a bit different. We come to conclusions by different means/logic. ' Respect the person please. ' . I would ask " why? ". We all start out with ' common courtesy '. Respect grows from there. Respect is something we as individuals EARN by the way we present ourselves through our actions and words. When we do certain things, we shouldnt be respected at all. There is a 2-way street here ( and every place else ) weather people want to admit it or not. Most people want to walk through everything in ' shades of gray ' instead of seeing things as ' black and white '. I see everyone as an individual. It doesnt matter what ethnic background you are, what you wear, what you have accomplished academically, your gender, who(m) you may love, where you work.. Your just another individual on this rock called earth, same as myself. There are those of mindsets whom feel they just HAVE to say something because they ' can '. In the same instance, they could just as easily walk away and not say anything, take notes for future reference. "xxxxxxxx ruffled a few feathers late last year. It was her view, her feelings, yet many got very anti. Over the top anti and that did no favours!" Being refereed to in certain terms then being told I need to ' respect ' an individual.. Really? Seriously? You dont see any flaws in that? ' Respect ' should be given regardless? If I made a slanderous type of statement that was *my* opinion, and you took offense to it, should you be told you needed to respect me and my views? *I* dont think so. It would be wrong in both action and principle. There are a few people I ' respect '. Some of them I wouldnt even sit and have a beer with but I still ' respect ' them and their views. Its something they have EARNED through their own doing. Something thats given away ' freely ' or ' for free ' has no value. Respect carries no monetary value, its priceless and something nobody can take from you, its something you have to loose on your own AFTER you have acquired it. From my view, Women will post in whatever conversation they wish to join. They will also stay away from conversations they feel no need/want to say anything in. Theres many examples of such all around the site here.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I'd just like to say to the women.. Ladies.. You are not the only ones who get creepy messages and comments... I'm sure some of the other guys here have also had their fair share of creepy messages, comments, ect., just as I have had.. I once had a few pictures in the Gallery here to show how I feel that a guy could wear heels in a sensable and fashionable way, but took the pictures down mainly because of a few creepy comments and messages from other guys... It's an uneasy and disgusting feeling... Paying someone a complement like "Wow!.. nice shoooz!" is one thing (I got that complement tonight at dinner, BTW :smile:, but some of the creepy stuff made me want to spray my computer with lysol...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Yes, last year a few feathers were ruffled. Someone made a comment which in wider society would not have attracted any criticism at all but to say on a site like this that certain people should never wear heels is controversy indeed. That was in the past though and I'm thinking that wounds have "heeled" by now.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As for the idea of posting something that I do not want girls to reply to. Well I can not think of any just now. As to the idea of me going to look at some part of the place where no girls aloud forget that already been to too many places when that notice no girls now we can talk dirty. On one occasion a person that I was with just before conducting a very offensive deed told me by the way never do it in front of a girl unless they do it first. So if I am not permitted to reply to a girl post and have no interest in anything that is not suitable for a girl it looks like I will not be found in either place. Also given some thought to what if there was a place where no Jews allowed or horses because they have only on toe per foot. However I do like the idea of the responding person to identify as a guy or girl and even nice to know what pert of the world as I resiliently found that in Johannesburg the general public is mostly intolerant of persons wearing high heels.

So far I'm counting 1 Girl replying in this thread.. :smile: Thank you for posting Steffie:winkiss: I think many guys here are not just 'men wearing heels' but also love heels on women and talk about heels with women. I must admit I have a few pairs of heels too, but most of all I'm a fan of women wearing heels and love talking with women about their heel experiences more than with men, no offence to the men though you get the point.. I'm curious about your high heel adventures too.. :wave: I agree guys should be aware not to post any rude or stupid comments to scare most girls away, but then again they can and should be ignored... So I hope the 'only girls' section could 'melt together' with the other sections of this forum and more girls with a high heel addiction join in every discussion...

My thoughts exactly. Guys, please don't bring yourselves down to please anyone, including the girls in the public. Value yourselves and give respect where it is earned. I will add that there are a few people that would be considered family by blood but that do not have my respect or trust by their actions. I have seen at least two repugnant posts by girls here and I should hope you would not respect that trash!

I think a lot of girls just are kind of in a comfort zone on the girls thread and are not as immersed in this site, overall. That just has to do with the fact that it is easy for girls to find people offline with like tastes in an open environment... something tells me this is not so common for the guys. :wave: I end up reading/posting in the 'everybody' and 'girls only' and reading the 'guys only' because around where I live girls and guys alike are more in flop flops than anything worth looking at! ugh!

I would also like to see more opinions shared between girls and guys on the everbody forum, which will probably happen as more girls get more involved here. :smile:

I believe this is an equation of varying mindsets.

' Respect the person please. ' . I would ask " why? ". We all start out with ' common courtesy '. Respect grows from there. Respect is something we as individuals EARN by the way we present ourselves through our actions and words. When we do certain things, we shouldnt be respected at all.

(...)

Something thats given away ' freely ' or ' for free ' has no value. Respect carries no monetary value, its priceless and something nobody can take from you, its something you have to loose on your own AFTER you have acquired it.

• Like 1

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

You see, I think respect is something you give to everyone, they don't need to earn it, but they can lose it. I just like to talk to other girls with it being just us. You'd be surprised how rare it can be to be just girls with no chaps around, and it changes things. I've got men friends too, though, and I also like to be in a mixed group. Maybe it's just that whats on offer in the for everyone forum just doesn't grab me. If something did I'd be right in there.

I really appreciate the women that do participate in the forum discussions for a different perspective. I know there is a significant imbalance in the number of guys vs girls in this forum, and that a subset of the guys here apparently have a hard time containing their excitement about heels (and women). So I am sure it can be rather intimidating for some women to participate here, but for those that do... thank you very much :smile:

If the topics are of interest to girls they'll contribute. Right now the "everybody" forum does contain a fair amount of guy-specific stuff... guys asking for girls opinions about guys in heels (even though girls are welcome to post in the guys section), and guys talking about girls in heels (because they can't post in the girls section - quite rightly). I doubt that girls get a lot out of all that guy-specific talk. My feeling is that if posts in the "everybody" section were written in a more gender-neutral perspective (like it could've been a girl or a guy writing it) perhaps girls might feel more inclined to engage with the topics more.

If you like it, wear it.

Discussions are here , usually, more interesting for me than those ones in the girls forum. Interesting, funny, open minded and relaxing. And..of course..when I am highheeled, it's so grateful to be complimented by gentlemen. :smile:

Elegance is my second name

Glad you feel that way Roxy! It's always awesome to get a girl's perspective on situations. In general you look at thongs totally different than we men do!

How do you know how she looks at thongs?...

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

How do you know how she looks at thongs?...

I believe Heelguy36 meant to say ' Things ', not thongs. Even still, if she was looking at THINGS differently.. OH MAN! What am I saying! Even that doesnt sound right.

FAIL? :smile:

Wheres Tech when we need his comments of motivation? :wave:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Glad you feel that way Roxy! It's always awesome to get a girl's perspective on situations. In general you look at thongs totally different than we men do!

lol, maybe women do look at "Thongs" totally differently than we do... :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad a few girls did reply in this thread. Thanks!!!! :wavey: Please try to convince more girls active in 'your' 'just for girls'-forum to join here or the 'designerheels' and 'ultraheels' forum and post some threads and discussions about high heel-subjects and you girls wearing heels or what 'we' men like about heels etc..... :) Greetz