Anyone have info on Bakers?

dheel

I think I've seen Bakers mentioned somewhere in these forums. I see a couple styles of boots I like on their website

http://www.bakersshoes.com/

Particularly the styles Rebel, Mystery, and Chiquita. But they only go up to an 11, which is borderline for me. Can anyone tell me about the fit? Do they generally run bigger or smaller than you expect? How's the width and the toe room?

Thanks,

D

"No matter what they say"

Hi Dheel, I actually just ordered the Rebel in size 11 a few weeks ago. I have been wearing them to work now since I got them. They are VERY comfortable. By comparison, I also got a similar pair from Steve Madden which took me a couple of times to "break in" before they started feeling comfortable. I am a size US 9 mans, so take a size US 11 anyway. If that is pushing it for you, I am not sure how they would fit. Like I said, I find them extremely comfortable. I have enough room but they aren't "big" on me either. Is there a bakers store near you? If not, I am sure they would have a return policy if you would like to try them. Good luck, Scotty

Bakers seems to run from good to poor, depending on price etc. I have two pair of boots both size 9 that fit and walk very well, they are also quite strong. However, I bought a pair of ankle boots this spring, also size 9, which were unwearable. If they are made in China, stay away from them if Brazil, ok.

Back in the 80's, Baker shoes were lower-midrange in quality and price. The corporation apparently underwent a reorganization in the late 80's. Quality deteriorated and sizing was no longer true. Even the medium widths were narrower. They lost their appeal to me. I haven't purchased shoes from Bakers lately. But, I would think they haven't gotten any better. I would definitely try on any shoes to make sure they fit before paying for them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I would definitely try on any shoes to make sure they fit before paying for them.

I'll second that. Their sizing seems very careless and often very small. I bought a pair of size 11 online and ended up sending them back -- they were tighter than most 10s. Steve Madden sometimes marks European size 40 as 10 which is about 1 1/2 sizes too small. Bakers must do the same. And like Steve Madden, they've had some styles for $50 that Payless had for $15.

On the other hand, the quality seems mostly in line with the prices, ship fast, respond to emails, and accept returns with no questions.

I must say my experiences with Bakers are excellent (though I always buy in the store, never over internet). It is true that their sizing is not always consistent, but I have found it to be no different from other stores. This is the reason why you have to try on the shoes in the store. Because women's shoes have more variety in shape and style than men's shoes the fit of a particular size can differ from style to style.

I have has great experiences buying at Bakers. At least around here, it is the kind of store where you find sales people that really love shoes. I have had many great shoe conversations in Bakers stores. Only this week the sales women complimented me on my boots (4" Tobacco colored boots from Candies) as soon as I walked in. We matched our heel heights and chatted about many of the shoes in the store.

I have the Cheetah Stretch Boot in Sz 10. I usually wear an 11. The 10 fits, but is on the tight side, so I guess the 11 would be true to size.

Posted Image