Told my new girlfriend about my love for shoes...

LuvyourShoes

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post, so I'll give you a quick update. I found a new girlfriend who is absolutely wonderful. Shes very pretty, nice, fun to be around etc., and her high heel taste is absolutely exquisite!!! She's always in 4-5 inch heels and she loves platforms (she's 5' 2" btw). I've told her that I have a strong love for women's shoes/feet, and I told her that I knew how to walk in heels. She also knows of my many pairs of women's bedroom slippers (I HATE "Men's" Slippers). I never told her about my heels or showed her my ability to walk in heels until this weekend. We went to Nordstrom Rack in northern VA this past weekend where they have a huge selection of women's shoes from size 5 to 14. I told her that I was going to try on some heels when we went... to which she disapproved. It started a small conversation on the topic, but I ended it off with "don't knock it until you try it" and we left it at that. When we got there, we immediately gravitated to the shoes... We both share this love, so it was a natural move! She kicked off her shoes and began trying on all sorts of heels. I slid over to the women's size 12s and 13s and began trying on boots with no heels... to which she had absolutely no problem with. A she was trying on some open toe pumps, I grabbed a pair of size 13 black leather 4 inch pumps. I casually slid them on and began trying them out as I walked up and down the aisle. She had an uneasy look on her face. She continued trying on the heels she selected and walked back through the size 6.5 aisle. I finished up, put my shoes back on and put the pumps back. We put a pair of shoes on hold for her and left the store to walk the mall. We went into another store where I selected some men's pants and tried them on. After we left the store, she asked me "Were you going to buy those heels, and do you ever buy them?" I told her, I was thinking about it because I really liked them, and yes I buy them from time to time. She told me that it made her feel really awkward. I asked her how. She told me that it was just awkward to see, not in an I hope nobody sees me type of way, just in a personal awkward way. She also said that buying heels you wouldn't wear is a waste of money. I told her it's not a waste of money because it's something I like even though I wouldn't be wearing them out, and that I'm not blowing money on partying, drinking, smoking or other drugs as previous people she may know or have been in relationships with do. She also asked if I was a crossdresser or gay... to which I promptly told her no. I stated that I'm the same person that loves you and treats you like a queen... it's just a part of me that you're not used to seeing in other people. She became very emotional. She stated that she really loves me. She asked me if I was going to break up with her. I told her that I would never break up with her over anything petty. I did tell her however that she has a decision to make, because my love for high heels is a part of who I am. I told her that she can't love all of me except one part of me. It was a very emotional time... one of the toughest "outings" I've ever had. However, thanks to you guy's support, I believe I made the best of this situation. Thank you all for all of your posts and stories. It made it that much easier to do this. And to let you all know, we're still dating, and I'm going to spend the night at her place tonight... :smile: Keep u posted!

• Like 1

Give her time. I think she'll probably come around. It's a lot for her to absorb.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sounds like it was a touchy situation at first, but she might come around. It seems that she really cares for you and you for her. It could turn out to be a fantastic relationship for both of you. I wish you all the luck...

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well done LuvyourShoes :-)

I'm sure your girlfriend will appreciate the fact you were honest with her.

It's also a good thing you told her before your relation become more serious.

Everything will be fine after she realize you are the same person as before.

I second what Shafted wrote: "Give her time. It's a lot for her to absorb."

looking good!! its a lot to take in, as most people never think of men in heels!! and so its a bit of a shock if handled correctly, acceptance will be the result maybe show her this place as that will help to show that a man in heels is not so strange :smile:

• 2 weeks later...