flared jeans

dheel

Does anyone know where to find flared jeans for men? I've looked around at all the stores I know, and I've searched the web for hours. But they just don't seem to exist anywhere. I'm still afraid to shop in the women's section, and I don't think I would find anything there that fits me anyway, because women's styles seem to be very low-rise. It's really frustrating. Even here in LA, I can't find the kind of clothing I want.

"No matter what they say"

I got two pairs, one from a Levis factory outlet, the other from Old Navy. I believe I got the Levis last year and the Old Navy early this year. I don't think the stile for men caught on and you might be out of luck. :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

If you haven't maxxed out your credit card then Gap have a fresh range in; prices are a lot lower in the US anyway. Boot fit or moderate flares and a second range of the same in male low rise style. The low rise didn't work well on me in their general shape and they didn't have the right leg lengths in stock. They flattered with the next size waist smaller too!!! I enjoyed that bit of the shopping session just not signing the charge slip. It was my first shopping trip to fit with 3" block heels. This was payback time from the bargains I got in sept 2002 during the double discount sale of summer stuff (two short sleeved shirts, two pairs of khaki shorts, one fairly naff wind proof thin jacket all for 65GBPs/$100) :(

/I

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing wrong with low-rise women's style jeans, more especially the ones by MUDD that are sold at alloy.com. I have about 10 pair. You're not going to look ridiculous, or unmanly--the current fashion among the skater boy croud to sag the jeans actually ride, if anything, below the hip bone (which is why they're always pulling them back up! LOL). Just remember that with hip-hugger jeans, order by the Junior size whose hip measurement most closely dovetails with your own, paying NO attention to the waist measurement, and if you order stretch denim (which unlike men's "stretch denim", has 3-5% Lycra spandex in the weave), order one size smaller; otherwise the jeans will fall off without a belt. Order your correct hip measurement (or one inch larger if you're in between) with 100% cotton.

You might also try GirlFriends of L.A., www.gfla.com if your'e not too tall--they're fashion selection is a bit different than alloy.

"IT" brand jeans typically run TIGHT, so it's best to order them one size larger than your indicated hip measurement.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I agree with azraelle. I wear & prefer womens low rise flared jeans. I love them! They hold their shape alot longer than mens jeans (due to the spandex).

I go to Addition-Elle or Smart Set. I even try on the jeans before i buy them (in all womens clothing stores) The salesgirls (for the most part) are really great. maybe its my confidence, i act like i should be there. I just walk right in & tell the 1st salesgirl what i want & in what size. And i like the real girly ones without any front or back pockets. I wear these all the time with my GF, male friends, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...