Leatherworks gone bust? what to buy instaed

Extreme Heel

I have also been trying to get through to Leatherworks of London to order some boots, have sent emails and phoned and got no reply. I had from them a pair of P5B07-7 thigh boots in black leather 7" heel and 2" platform they are actually nearly crotch high at about 76cm long. What i really wanted was another pair in white leather in same style, if they have now gone bust doe anyone know of another boot maker or give me any other suggestions on what to buy. Need to be as high as possible 7 or 8 inch heels with a platform no ballets, would prefer matt white but accept patent and as long as possible on the leg. Something like the xtreme 3010 or taboo 3000 would probably be ok but can not seem to get those here in the UK. Would prefer to buy something here just incase i need to send them back for sizing etc. Need a size uk9. Many thanks. P.S. Leatherworks pull your finger out you have some willing buyers on this site!!

Please don't go with the Pleaser boots... they are so ugly :smile: I cannot say anything specific, but I think they are more or less gone. There's still one german shop selling Leatherwork shoes - laszivo.de - but it seems to be impossible to order shoes directly from Leatherworks. Really bad years for good heels industries.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
post-8618-0-14917200-1337031691_thumb.jpI'm also looking for a K5BO7 black patent thigh boots (size uk9.5 to uk10) from leatherworks of London (also called Y1 by Skyscrapers ebay seller). both sky-scrapers.co.uk and laszivo.de do not offer anymore boots from leatherworks of London except from last stock the still have. even good leather Italian boots do not look like those and the feeling of the foot is quite different in those fairly old fashion shape short pointed toes soles from leatherworks of London. it's a pity and should anyone whish to attempt starting again leatherworks of London business, then, I would be welcome by boot lovers !...

for all who are missing Leatherworks: try 'estress modes'. they're from spain and offer similar styles, big sizes and made to measure

http://extremehighheels.net/en/

we once owned a pair of knee boots, but immediately re-sold it at Ebay, because we weren't satisfied at all:

- the boots looked different to the product image. after our claim they fixed it

- the heel was higher (15,8cm) than they stated (14,5cm) on their website

- the lining isn't made of leather

- the leather itself isn't very soft

- the boots respective the leg is made for thicker legs

-----

with this post i also would like to tell that we gave Mr. Marziali a chance after we thought almost two years about it. it seems that he is 'back in business'. he replies immediately to mails and fullfills every special wish. the boots we ordered arrived after five weeks and they were made as we ordered. just perfect in our opinion. of course it isn't Leatherworks' style, but for those who look for classic styles we'd recommend to contact him.

I am confused LP, are they good or not? By your post you say that they are excellent and then you say you were disappointed and then you say they were great?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I am confused LP, are they good or not? By your post you say that they are excellent and then you say you were disappointed and then you say they were great?

By my post above I never said they (Estres Modes) were excellent/great. Well, we had a few issues with our product so we wouldn't rather leave a positive feedback. When you have got more questions feel free to ask. I'd say, the craftmanship is quite good and they'd fullfill special wishes, but that's it.

I talked about 'Marziali Shoes' being excellent/great. I extra marked that part with a little dash ('-----').

• 2 weeks later...

Skyscrapers still sells Leatherworks style shoes, be it from a different UK manufacturer. I've bought two pairs and I think they're better then Leatherworks, who had quite a boring arch in their large sizes. Unfortunately they're prices have gone up and I was fortunate to snag mine at their original price. I'm not sure who makes them though.

They are made by Cos K from Fabulously Fetish.

He's one of my suspects too. Thing is, his shoes at size 12 UK are still too narrow for my feet while these fit perfectly at size 11 1/2.

How sure are you about that?

• 11 months later...

I have also been trying to get through to Leatherworks of London to order some boots, have sent emails and phoned and got no reply.

I had from them a pair of P5B07-7 thigh boots in black leather 7" heel and 2" platform they are actually nearly crotch high at about 76cm long.

What i really wanted was another pair in white leather in same style, if they have now gone bust doe anyone know of another boot maker or give me any other suggestions on what to buy.

Need to be as high as possible 7 or 8 inch heels with a platform no ballets, would prefer matt white but accept patent and as long as possible on the leg.

Something like the xtreme 3010 or taboo 3000 would probably be ok but can not seem to get those here in the UK. Would prefer to buy something here just incase i need to send them back for sizing etc.

Need a size uk9.

Many thanks.

P.S. Leatherworks pull your finger out you have some willing buyers on this site!!

Yes it is true Leatherworks have gone bust but several of the workforce set up again and now make exclusively for me and only me so all the styles from before can still be made using the finest materials and the same quality workmanship so if you want to check me out please just ask away.

post-8618-0-14917200-1337031691_thumb.jpI'm also looking for a K5BO7 black patent thigh boots (size uk9.5 to uk10) from leatherworks of London (also called Y1 by Skyscrapers ebay seller).

both sky-scrapers.co.uk and laszivo.de do not offer anymore boots from leatherworks of London except from last stock the still have.

even good leather Italian boots do not look like those and the feeling of the foot is quite different in those fairly old fashion shape short pointed toes soles from leatherworks of London.

it's a pity and should anyone whish to attempt starting again leatherworks of London business, then, I would be welcome by boot lovers !...

We are able to have made any of the styles that Leatherworks used to do, exactly the same as before.

Yes it is true Leatherworks have gone bust but several of the workforce set up again and now make exclusively for me and only me so all the styles from before can still be made using the finest materials and the same quality workmanship so if you want to check me out please just ask away.

We are able to have made any of the styles that Leatherworks used to do, exactly the same as before.

Hows this working? I wouldnt mind a few more pairs of Leatherworks heels!!

Yes, I do walk in these

• 4 months later...

Hows this working? I wouldnt mind a few more pairs of Leatherworks heels!!

Leatherworks went bust, but some of the staff who work there have decided to go on their own and make for a couple of retails such as myself (Sky-scrapers) check our online store for all the styles, clours etc that we have made for us. Thanks

Have you tried the Gianrico More Store on ebay?  They have really high leather boots, some of them are almost to the crotch.  I bought a pair of patent thigh high boots with 7 inch heels.  They are extremely well made and feel great.  They sell all types of really high boots with platform and high heels.

Have you tried the Gianrico More Store on ebay?  They have really high leather boots, some of them are almost to the crotch.  I bought a pair of patent thigh high boots with 7 inch heels.  They are extremely well made and feel great.  They sell all types of really high boots with platform and high heels.

Yes but they are not made in the UK like Leatherworks footwear is.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon.

I have a question concerning Fabulously Fetish. Do their shoes come with a special designed box (like Di Marni, R&Renzi) or do their shoes come without any box?

Regards

PS: What would you pay for Jean Gaborit Emanuelle overknee boots?

But you can use the box for storage reasons, too or was the box used for shipping only?

I ordered a pair of boots and I would need to order a large box (especially for boots) elsewhere when FF doesn't send the boots in a suitable box.

(I'm asking here because they don't reply do my messages...)

But you can use the box for storage reasons, too or was the box used for shipping only?

I ordered a pair of boots and I would need to order a large box (especially for boots) elsewhere when FF doesn't send the boots in a suitable box.

(I'm asking here because they don't reply do my messages...)

It's a normal standard shoe box. Both suitable for shipping while wrapped in packing paper or that abominable plastic you see more and more, and of course for regular storage. The only difference with a shoe box from a regular high street shoe store is that is in plain white. 

I'm surprised though that they are not responding. Not a good sign usually.

Good afternoon.

I have a question concerning Fabulously Fetish. Do their shoes come with a special designed box (like Di Marni, R&Renzi) or do their shoes come without any box?

Regards

PS: What would you pay for Jean Gaborit Emanuelle overknee boots?

They come in a plain white box.

Rule Brittania? ;-)

Seriously though, different styles, feels. I think Gianrico Mori make better looking shoes, but if you want to walk all day in them I'd pick Leatherworks.

We have sold Leatherworks shoes for years and thats the feedback we get, Leatherworks footwear can be worn all day if you are wanting to.

They come in a plain white box.

We have sold Leatherworks shoes for years and thats the feedback we get, Leatherworks footwear can be worn all day if you are wanting to.

Also we are giving 20% off all orders till the end of November from our online store.