Zappos was hacked

jetheelsfan

Zappos says hackers potentially gathered names, e-mail and physical addresses, phone numbers, and last four digits of credit cards. There were 24 million accounts exposed. Members are advised to make changes to password on accounts. Rodents :smile::wave:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Heh I hadn't bought anything from zappos for so long they have an old address and credit card too. All fixed now thanks to https://lastpass.com so whatever.

And what happens when they get hacked? No thanks....

Never store username/password combos anywhere online, ever...

Even if they know how to secure servers, it only takes 1 employee who "needs some cash urgently" to sell off your details...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

And what happens when they get hacked? No thanks....

Never store username/password combos anywhere online, ever...

Even if they know how to secure servers, it only takes 1 employee who "needs some cash urgently" to sell off your details...

Agree with Tech on this.

Biggest problem with hacked accounts like this Zappos is not having strong passwords.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Zapps-Breach-Illustrate-the-Need-for-Stronger-Password-Rules-672979/

Every person I know who has been hacked, or had their identity stolen or similar has done at least one of these four things.

1) Be online while being a windows administrator instead of a user. If you can install software, they can install it too.

2) Browser feature - - (remember my password) - - -Don't do it. Use your own memory

3) Weak passwords - same one you might use to log onto your PC and use online. I cringe every time I see a person who has their system set to automatically go online without at least having to enter a password at startup.

4) Online password storage- It's hard to hack your own brain.

Password example Christian Louboutin = Chr15t1an%L0u90ut1n

OK done ranting - I had 4 family members who got hacked through a site while using PayPal over christmas - - - They all used their first name and "Church, Pray, GTO, Jesus" as passwords.

Every person I know who has been hacked, or had their identity stolen or similar has done at least one of these four things.

1) Be online while being a windows administrator instead of a user. If you can install software, they can install it too.

2) Browser feature - - (remember my password) - - -Don't do it. Use your own memory

3) Weak passwords - same one you might use to log onto your PC and use online. I cringe every time I see a person who has their system set to automatically go online without at least having to enter a password at startup.

4) Online password storage- It's hard to hack your own brain.

Password example Christian Louboutin = Chr15t1an%L0u90ut1n

OK done ranting - I had 4 family members who got hacked through a site while using PayPal over christmas - - - They all used their first name and "Church, Pray, GTO, Jesus" as passwords.

1) Using Windows as regular user is a real everyday (every instant) pain. Use linux instead :smile:

2) Use keepass instead.

3) That's quite useless with windows. A windows password can be reset with the right tool in a few minutes.

4) By definition, since it's online, it's not really private anymore...

I agree with your example : the password complexity is very important !

1) Using Windows as regular user is a real everyday (every instant) pain. Use linux instead :smile:

2) Use keepass instead.

3) That's quite useless with windows. A windows password can be reset with the right tool in a few minutes.

4) By definition, since it's online, it's not really private anymore...

I agree with your example : the password complexity is very important !

I'm a longtime Linux user too. - - - Can't stand dealing with Windoze anymore.

You make some points, but seeing systems getting turned on, and go directly to 5 websites like facebook, and their bank etc, without even a keystroke just makes me cringe.

Everything is encrypted client side, not server, all they store is the hashed information. Basically lastpass goes away the only thing you lose is synching. Might want to get the facts prior to bashing it.