How do people address you in heels?

SleekHeels

In the last year or so I've been wearing my heels in public, it seems like I get called "sir" a lot more often than when I'm not wearing heels. Do you guys find that people address you differently when you're wearing your heels?

If you like it, wear it.

I had someone call me 'Miss' the other day. When I said 'What'? They said if you are going to do that then you deserve that kind of title. I said, Thanks.

If someone said that to me I would reply '' I shall call you ignorant tw*t''

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

If someone said that to me I would reply '' I shall call you ignorant tw*t''

I don't know. It would depend on how they said it. If it was all in fun I'd have no problem with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't know. It would depend on how they said it. If it was all in fun I'd have no problem with it.

Yes if it was in fun may be but as an insult they would get the appropriate response.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Do you guys find that people address you differently when you're wearing your heels?

I live in a country where nobody calls anybody sir. I mentioned some time ago in a thread that I do feel I get more respect from other men and maybe more interest from women. I put it down to simply being taller because of the heels rather than the heels. I get these reactions even when the other person hasn't seen my heels , for example at a supermarket check out when the cashier cannot see them until I walk away.

I occasionally get a well emphasized Sir. Places that know me by name either use my first name or last name prefixed by Mr. Occasionally I'm addressed as Hon by females, especially when I'm wearing a skirt. Wikipedia defines this as "Hon, a term of endearment, a contraction of the word 'honey'". This is definitely a female greeting and I have never taken offence at being so addressed even though I am obviously male. However, it has happened so often I am wondering if there is an additional connotation to the greeting of which I am unaware?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Occasionally I'm addressed as Hon by females, especially when I'm wearing a skirt. Wikipedia defines this as "Hon, a term of endearment, a contraction of the word 'honey'". This is definitely a female greeting and I have never taken offence at being so addressed even though I am obviously male. However, it has happened so often I am wondering if there is an additional connotation to the greeting of which I am unaware?

Surely some are wanting to acknowledge your ingress towards femininity, while others are perhaps testing you by being mildly sarcastic.

Ah - - -But your expecting to be addressed that way I'm guessing

Er yes. I get it on those rare occasions when I'm wearing flats too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In response to my concerns about being addressed as Hon:

Surely some are wanting to acknowledge your ingress towards femininity, while others are perhaps testing you by being mildly sarcastic.

I haven’t really sensed any sarcasm in the address when I have gotten it.

What's wrong with being called "honey"? It's a term of endearment. :smile:

Nothing is wrong, if that is what is meant, and was hoping that was the case.

Looks like I get to chalk it up as a complement. Thanks for the feedback.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.