Compression hose

Mike Hinch

Question

Does anyone wear compression hose. Maybe it was about 1995 or so that I noticed some swelling in my ankles and that really looked yucky. In grate panic I got some compression knee high and wore them for some time and got a bit lazy to put them on all the time but the swelling was gone. Great but how I did like the feel. Every few years or so the swelling came back so I kept the compression hose close at hand. My most recent experiment into compression hose it the high compression sheer 30-40 how I would love to get 40-50 sheer but the price triples and the supplier wants a prescription. The sheer support hose looks really sexy and has many more days wear compared to common pantyhose or dancing tights. While I really hope the swelling goes away I still love the feel of the compression hose and also love to wear them to sleep. The major drawback to the compression hose is I do not get any use of my toe rings and leg tattoos. And why compression panty hose. When I wear knee-high the top bothers me under the knee. Thigh high needs a garter belt, good for some not for me. Now I do not need to reference brand names because all the dance tights were about the same for me they would sprout runs or ladders snag on a cracked nail but the sheer compression hose holds up much better. That is not the drug store variety but 30-40 two suppliers have their own bargain brand. Anyway does anyone wear them with their heels for fun. Also even if you have no swelling condition they will slim your legs maybe an inch or so.

19 answers to this question

Does anyone wear compression hose. Maybe it was about 1995 or so that I noticed some swelling in my ankles and that really looked yucky. In grate panic I got some compression knee high and wore them for some time and got a bit lazy to put them on all the time but the swelling was gone. Great but how I did like the feel. Every few years or so the swelling came back so I kept the compression hose close at hand. My most recent experiment into compression hose it the high compression sheer 30-40 how I would love to get 40-50 sheer but the price triples and the supplier wants a prescription. The sheer support hose looks really sexy and has many more days wear compared to common pantyhose or dancing tights. While I really hope the swelling goes away I still love the feel of the compression hose and also love to wear them to sleep. The major drawback to the compression hose is I do not get any use of my toe rings and leg tattoos. And why compression panty hose. When I wear knee-high the top bothers me under the knee. Thigh high needs a garter belt, good for some not for me. Now I do not need to reference brand names because all the dance tights were about the same for me they would sprout runs or ladders snag on a cracked nail but the sheer compression hose holds up much better. That is not the drug store variety but 30-40 two suppliers have their own bargain brand. Anyway does anyone wear them with their heels for fun. Also even if you have no swelling condition they will slim your legs maybe an inch or so.

I do not wear any compression hose, but I went to my Dr on Thursday and did not get very good news, she said that I will have to wear compression hose, and that some my veins in my legs will have to be removed asap.

I am not looking forward to it as they say the removal could be very painfull and I will be booked off for 4 weeks. I do not know how that will effect my wearing of HHS. Any support or suggestions in this matter will be highly appreciated. I also hear that you must get a Dr prescription for the hose and that the place that you get it from must measure your legs to have the correct fitting.

I had never worn them myself, but your post Mike piqued my interest. I did a quick check on ebay and found a store there that had them for cheap. I figured i'd just try them out for kicks before recommending them to you.

Well, I just got them today, tried them on, and these things are incredibly firm, I mean seriously... I just got the minimum 10-20mm/Hg, I could not even imagine going higher than that like you have Mike, but whatever works for you...

This store has a variety of different compression levels, they were really inexpensive, they do not require prescription, and seem to be well made. I would not recommend these for just anyone to play around with these are definitely not a toy, you might just cause yourself issues if you get carried away wearing these.

Anyway, the link here is where you can check them out, even if you dont like them, the cost is so low that it is not really much of a loss in my opinion. http://stores.ebay.com/LeeCo

I don't wear compression hose / socks for medical reasons but I recently got some "full support" knee-highs because I wanted some very thin, tough "socks" to wear in skates and other shoes. The regular sheer nylon nylon knee-highs I was wearing would run or get a hole on the first wear. You may want to check these out:

http://www.glieberman.com/categories/Knee-High-Socks/

I got the A2100 full support patterned socks and the A169 full support "sheer" socks. Both have a fair amount of compression and I think they feel great but may be a little tight in the toes. I may try the "light support". The sheer socks are great. Got them in tan. They look just like regular hose, just a bit thicker but can still see through fine. They have about a 3 inch band at the top for comfort. The toe is not reinforced so they probably look great in sandals too.......hope to try that soon......

You mentioned stockings needing garters. Note they also have "stay up" stockings in opaque and sheer here:

http://www.glieberman.com/categories/Stockings/Stay%252dup/

I haven't tried them yet but they're next on my list.

Also, something I didn't realize until I got them, but the socks come 2 pair per package. So the real price per pair is US $7.50 for the $14.99 hose. I was willing to pay the higher price per pair but now I'm really happy that they're actually half that price.

Hi Mike and all,

I have and still use compression hose for Airline flights and also for

active sports where I am using lots of leg power.

see:

http://www.wolfordshop.com/

Wolford has some very nice tights and hose "individual 50 Leg Support"

also the "Synergy 40 light leg support" is very good, I have used these before and they are so nice, plus a collection of colors as well. I try not use them for anything but nice clothing, too nice for rolling around the hills!

Check this site,they so many things to choose from:

http://www.stockingshq.com/

Look under daytime and see support. Lots of selection in tights and stockings.One of the biggest selections of hose anywhere.

Here are some others which are good as well.

http://www.compressionstockings.com/

They have everything it seems.

Also my GF and I bought a couple of pairs of hose in France last spring

by the brand name of Sigvaris, see,

http://www.sigvaris.com

The place we got them sized us up by weight and activity. They work well for our purposes in flights and activities. As with most compressors, they

do get scratchy after awhile, but nice to wear.

Hope that helps.

Mtnsofheels

Daily male wearer of hose as my normal underwear, including support hose for long car drives. Male socks have always caused me problems. Only time I don't wear is when visiting a communal changing room.

What support I am getting from all. Thank you very much.

I found a place here in Johannesburg that sells support panti hose, I am waiting for my delivery. They only cost me $5.50 per pair got myself 2 pairs for now, postage included, if they are good I am going to get myself some more.

• Like 1

Somewhere in my communication I said that I would publicly post anything from my privet conversations that would be of benefit to all and I have been in communication with jay jay and we have been discussing support hose and now he reports finding a place in Johannesburg that sells support panty hose. This will be a blessing to all in that area that would like to give support hose a try like I have stated that even when do not have the swelling condition they feel great and make my legs slim and attractive. Also jay jay has reported that Johannesburg is not the most high heel place on earth much more than that I will let jay jay report on himself.

Thanks Mike. Yes after surfing the net and frm here to there I found a place and I am waiting to see what I am going to get. The moment that I start wearing them I will give all the info on the site for everybody to see. I am expexting them today. What Mike said about the people here not in the HHS for men. I will write something at a later stage. You all must have a super weekend. JJ

Mike, you may wish to check out this group also Legwear as Unisex Fashion butthey also say This forum is to facilitate the discussion of making legwear (nylons, tights, etc.) a legitimate and socially acceptable wardrobe option for both sexes. Discussions here should only be about legwear as a unisex fashion. All references to other articles of women’s clothing will be edited and the poster will be placed on probation. All posting must be done with civility, and no personal attacks are permitted.

Crossdressing, transgender, fetish and other off topic posts will be deleted. Just stay on topic.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Well I did get my support hose and I have been wearing them now for a week

I was asked that when I receive my support hose to give everyone some feedback.

When I visited my Dr, she prescribed some compression 30/40 Activaris and I am wearing them every day.

After some surfing on the sites here in South Africa I found a place here in Johannesburg, she gets her support stockings/hose from Arwa/Burhose in Cape Town.

I got myself some ladies pantyhose that is a support stocking, (extra support for tired legs , 44 decitex covered elastane ) not so firm as the others, but good and also nice to wear especially with any type of shoe, I did not like the champ/beige colour, (there are other colours a lighter brown and black) but under my jeans, going out, and to work they are great. I only paid $ 5.75 postage included, which I think is a fair price here in South Africa. If any of the South African heelers require more information, please Pm me and I will gladly do so.

Good to know about all that stuff. As for wearing support hose in the cooler months that we can figure but those Ultamte Sheer Compression form DSS like I said those pantyhose always make my legs feel cooler. That is cooler in regular weather and cooler in warm weather but downright chilling in the cool weather. No problem just put some leggings over when cold. About those South African compression hose that looks like a real bargain price better than $28 from DSS. Now there is a new thing to report and I will back up to 1975. The local sports equipment store had ski socks on sale as it was not ski season at the time so I got a few pair for regular use and was advised they make great hiking socks. When pulled all the way up they bothered my leg just under the knee so much of the time I wore them pushed down with the elastic part about my ankles. Now after a short time I found that nearly all the hair was gone from my ankles. This was never really a problem as I never did have the ape leg condition so with the certain kind of socks and loss of leg hair I figured there had to be a connection. Now lately I get that swelling in my feet and lower legs and just now I find that the swelling is turned on by the tattoo on my ankle where the lines cross. If they cross at 90 degrees that is normal if the lines cross at 30 degrees there is swelling. Now not to pity me as I can go without compression hose for a day or two and when fully swollen and I put the compression hose on the swelling is gone the next day. Now back to that new thing to report. After wearing compression pantyhose much of the time and continually for some of the time just about all the leg hair is gone. Now this is also not a problem. So any comments will be interesting.

Just the leg hair disappearing is a huge incentive for me to try compression hose. I will see if I can find it in stockings because that's all I like to wear, although I will buy and wear pantyhose when its cheap because it can be hard to track down a pair of stockings that match in my house! lol Anyone else see decrease leg hair from wearing compression hose? Mike, how long did it take you to notice this and how often did you wear them?

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

While I may be repeating some information here that is easier than to look to see where I posted before but here it goes. In 1964 a friend from school had around the house a below the knee compression open toe from when his mother recovered from an injury. We being kids tried it on but somehow I was the one that got a real charge from the feel of it. Then about 1973 working at a guest home in Costa Mesa there were antiembelisium stockings appearing in the dumpster. And again they were a real thrill. Some times in the 90s I found my ankles swelling so now I have a reason to wear compression hose and because of my magic feeling that they gave me I went for the highest compression that I could get 40-50 starts to require a prescription but some places do not bother with that. Just a little extra here do not worry about dificulty getting 40-50 or more just put on two pair of 30-40 and that was more than I could bear. Daytime not so bad but at night my heels started to complain of no circulation. The 40-50 I can wear all day and most nights. Now the hair loss maybe started about 1985 now that I think about it. Anyway by1990 the hair around the ankles had been rubbed off by the ski socks. When I went to get a five color basket weave on my left ankle the ink slinger got out her razor and then she said oh you already shaved. Back in the 90s the swelling problem only came around occasionally with two or three years between. When the swelling would start I would go for the compression hose and some time later when I would be too lazy to put them back on the swelling was gone. But now it is being more persistent. Now just in case it makes any difference this is the Ultimate Sheer compression 30-40 from DSS which I do see their link here at HHP. So they must be safe to recommend. So anyway to get a bit more to the question just this year the swelling has persisted and been wearing the compression hose round the clock. Here it is I need the compression during the day but in the morning I an too lazy to put them on and I totally love the feeling going to sleep and during the night to change sides I reach over and feel that sexy support. Then I get my shower before bed time. To get a shower in the morning is no use because I do not notice needing to clean up for the day but really need to be clean for bed time so that all fits together to sport the compression round the clock. Another thing is I really do not know why or how the hair got rubbed off but that side effect came with long term continuous use. Just last week I was taking them off and noticed really diminished leg hair. So lets see if any other experiences.

...After wearing compression pantyhose much of the time and continually for some of the time just about all the leg hair is gone. Now this is also not a problem. So any comments will be interesting.

I've noticed thinning and more sparse leg hair in the last couple of years myself, however, I am not sure if it is due to my continued use of tights/pantyhose a good percentage of the time, or if it is more likely due to several years worth of shaving, using an epilator, and use of depilatory products (hair removal cream). I notice my leg hair is much finer and sparse than it was before I started, even when I recently let it grow out for a couple of months, it definitely does not look anything like it once did.

But really, I am pretty sure its more from all the products I've used on my legs than from wearing tights & pantyhose. I do own compression hose, but very rarely wear them.

due to several years worth of shaving, using an epilator, and use of depilatory products (hair removal cream). I notice my leg hair is much finer and sparse than it was before I started, even when I recently let it grow out for a couple of months, it definitely does not look anything like it once did.

In general (as far as I know) epilation makes the hair much thinner after prolonged application.

I have been doing this now for 9 years on my legs and even when I skip it for a month, what grows back is very thin and far apart.

Before I started this I was wearing hose and I never saw an effect. The hair was very thick and dense.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

As for the Before I started this I was wearing hose and I never saw an effect. Come to think of it I had worn many different sort of tights and socks without any effect also but the elastic on the ski cox was more formidable and dance tights had no effect on the rest of the leg area but the 30-40 compression hose appears to have had as only recently did I wear compression hose constantly for a year or so. And remember that the compression hose thing for me is as much for fun and not totally from necessity and on hot days that Ultimate sheer actually feels cooler. So the hot weather is not a problem for that style.