what's in style(trendy)VS what you wear anyhow....

gaijin gig

Hi all I would like to know what you think of what's in - I mean do you like the direct opposite of what's in style? does everybody HATE whats's in or do you like it a little bit...? I'm just a bit curious..I personally Love whats in stylehere and in europe(looking at the european shoestores) here in NY It looks like since the cooler weather is upon us here again the boots with the "spike heel/stilletts with the pointy toe" is back if you ask me it make the foot look longer...... ..My friend who lives in japan says that the very high boot again with the 3"to 4" blade heel... is still kicking around.. seems like it was that way last winter too.. steve madden and bakers here in NY always have great shoes boots.... but i think that the "wild pair" always has the trendiest boots... what do you think?

Cheers

Fashion people create styles and trends because they want you to spend money. They love hearing about when people clear out their closets each year to stay in fashion. I don't let anyone dictate what I should or should not wear. I wear what pleases me. Some of my clothing is over 5 years old. I may not wear it often, but as long as it's wearable, then it stays in my closet. I have been purchasing the exact same style of high heels since 1975. What surprises me about today's styles of high heels is the extreme pointed toe. That makes your foot seem longer. I remember a generation of women who would never want to give the impression they had big feet. They often purchased shoes one size smaller. But today we have a new generation of women. So I guess if they want the long pointed toe look, then so be it.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

thanks for the reply.. Yes ,the clunky thing came and went some still wear them but i guess they still like them. the part about the women wearing a boot that made the foot look longer is true here too.. but i kinda like the look.. I also like the blade heel look too.. but THAT heel type was never high normally around3" (ona good day) oh well lets see what this SUMMER brings!! thanks.

Cheers

Hi gaijin gig - This period we are currently going through is simply heaven for some of us. Having been a fan of stiletto's since I was a little girl, and with my feet not being able to wear flat shoes at all, it is a pleasure to say that I love the current fashions. I have never liked block heels (because they feel and look like mens shoes to me). Being a real feminine, today's fashion is what I think is the coolest of them all (may it stay with us for as long as possible)

After 35 "What's Hot (or Haute)" doesn't matter. If you haven't established your likes/dislikes and what works for you you never will. I have NO desire whatsoever to even attempt to look like Brittney, J Lo or the kiddies. When you hit 35 you are pretty set and old broads, myself included, look rediculous when they try to look 20.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you hit 40, you don't care so much about what's current . . . you care about what works for YOU! I STILL wear suits that are 10+ years old! AND my beloved Stilettos!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.