How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?

Jabble

How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?

• 3"
    • 4"
    • 5"
    • 5.5"
    • 6"
    • 7"

I Have never gone out with more than 4 inches. At home I have two pairs of heels (one in my avatar) but after a while I get uncomfortable in those. Outside would definitely not be nice. But 4 inches I can handle quite well, except for at the Dam square here in Amsterdam which has nasty little cobble stones. Those are bad with any type of shoes. Seems that some people in the city government are quite nostalgic and like to cover more and more places with them. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I'm okay in 3's, 4's , and nearly okay in 5's. Working on 5.5's now.

These shoes are gorgeous. 5.5" small hidden platform Mary Janes from NewLook UK. They've been abused my me! I should've polished them up really. Practise heeling as often as possible in these. In all weathers. Of all the shoes/boots I own I long to heel in these. I'm looking for a new pair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76302142@N04/6848634877/

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik

I'm okay in 3's, 4's , and nearly okay in 5's. Working on 5.5's now.

These shoes are gorgeous. 5.5" small hidden platform Mary Janes from NewLook UK. They've been abused my me! I should've polished them up really. Practise heeling as often as possible in these. In all weathers. Of all the shoes/boots I own I long to heel in these. I'm looking for a new pair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76302142@N04/6848634877/

Those are nice looking Mary Janes

I have a pair of 6" heel Pleaser ankle boots that I can spend hours in. I also have a pair of 5" heel Elle pumps that are killing me after 20 minutes. Just depends on the shoe and how it is made. HHLover

Why does it seem like questions like this always wind up being some sort of contest?

This is a fashion site, and fashion should be fun! On average, a male's joints aren't as flexible as a female's. I can easily walk in 5" heels, but it's no fun, as it's not comfortable, so I don't.

I've a large foot, so a 3" heel feels like no heel at all, but I know when I'm in 3.5" heels! 4" heels are about as high as I like to go. Anything higher and they're no longer comfortable.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Why does it seem like questions like this always wind up being some sort of contest?

I don't have the same impression. Reading the answers we can see the differences and also the individual arguments why some of us can handle 5 or 6" and others stay lower. But is that bad ? I have not seen any contributions of "very high heelers" who think they are better than the low heelers. At least I don't feel defeated when I leave my comfort czone at 4"

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

I really did not intend this to be a contest when I asked and made the poll. I saw it in the "girls only" forum and did not ever see one here in our forum.

I do appreciate everyone's comments and stories though.

Usually I wear platform boots ( like this in avatar ) with 6 inch heel, which is equal to 5 inch without platform, and manage to stay standing and walking few hours without any problems, just some pain in leg muscles, like pain after workout.

• 2 weeks later...

The highest heels i can comfortably wear for extended periods are my 5,5" laced stiletto boots, 5-7 hours standing and walking is no problem. No idea why they fit so perfectly, but i dread the day the are worn out..... 5" is the normal height i can wear without platforms and walk normally.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the same impression. Reading the answers we can see the differences and also the individual arguments why some of us can handle 5 or 6" and others stay lower. But is that bad ? I have not seen any contributions of "very high heelers" who think they are better than the low heelers. At least I don't feel defeated when I leave my comfort czone at 4"

Well, my impression is perhaps a bit different. I've seen various posts and polls here which are clearly a "higher is better" race, and I do mean race aka competition.

Wearing heels isn't a race. It's a choice, a lifestyle emanating from our heartfelt convictions about who we are. I wear women's flats and sandals as readily as I wear heels. I never think, "how high can I go" when I slip on a pair of heels. To me, that seems rather psychotic, as in a fetish mode of operation. If you're operating in that mode, which stats reveal is less than 12% of our population, more power to you, but please stop trying to impute your preferences on the rest of us.

I don't wear heels because of some fetishistic nonsense. I wear them because I enjoy walking around in heels. End of story, good-bye, the end.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I agree. It shouldn't be a competition. I don't wear heels higher than 3.5 inches (without platform). My foot doesn't bend far enough, it's uncomfortable to try, and I don't enjoy pain. So I've found my comfort zone and I'm quite happy with it. If someone wants to wear 6 inchers, be my guest. It doesn't matter to me, I'm not concerned, impressed, or depressed that he/she can and I can't, and it doesn't make him/her better than me. I just wear what I want and that's all that matters. Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've only worn two pairs of heels. 3" and 5" with a 1" platform. Both are fairly easy to walk in. I say easy, I mean as I learn to walk in heels. I'm getting better at it, and it's not been difficult to learn. I'd say I could walk in 4" heels. 3" is very comfortable. 5+1" platform is nice, but for less time.

Hoping to find out if i can comfortably walk in some shoes i've ordered, although they have platforms, the heel height is quoted at 17.5cm. Normally i'm ok up to a 5" without platform, 3-4" all day though. Hunny xx

I fully agree with kikepa and steve. I think in my early public heeling adventures, I was somewhat on the bandwagon of trying to go out in the highest heel I could manage without hurting myself. Now I am just really happy to be out in such beautiful shoes. I end up wearing around 4" heels out most often lately, sometimes a little bit higher with a small platform (1/2" - 3/4"). I think it is far more important for me to look completely smooth and graceful while wearing heels, then looking like an idiot, walking very gingerly wearing the highest heels I can manage, and drawing tons of unwanted attention to myself. So I wear what is comfortable, and I know I could even run in them if I had to.

Well, I just found out today that I don't do real well in a 4 3/4 inch heel...lol. I think 4" might be my comfort limit. I had an idea when I tried the pair on that I bought today that they might be a bit too high. But I liked the way they looked, and they were otherwise comfortable, so I went ahead and bought them. They'll be fine for sitting around the house...lol. See the Who Bought Some New Shoes thread for pictures if you're interested.

RonC, Live and learn. Now you know. I discovered a long time ago that 3.5 inches was my limit for walking and comfort. My foot just doesn't bend more than that! I accept it and just look for comfort now. If, when I put the shoe on, the "wow factor" isn't a 9 or 10, I don't buy them (or if I already own them, off to Ebay they go!). I'm a lot more picky than ever, since I'm wearing much more in public than ever before. If I'm not comfortable, others can sense it by my posture, gait, and attitude. Life is too short for shoes that hurt. Steve

I see from the poll that over 60 % of you guys can wear 5 inch heels or lower. Why do you want us girls to wear higher than that ? You have to remember our feet are so much smaller so a 6 inch heel to us is like an 8 inch heels to many guys in steepness. More practice required to keep up. xx

• 1 month later...

Very important and interesting topic, especially when starting out. Reading throught the posts I'm glad to hear that others experienced "higher the better". In my case before I owned a pair of heels the fetish aspect was definitely in the fore. The sight of a woman in heels exited me and the higher the better. Now a lot older and slightly more wiser I have developed and accepted my own personal style which is based on my perception of the beauty and wearing of the shoe. Height is still a factor, I could not wear heels less than 4", but only because I personally do not find them aesthetically pleasing. 5" is my perfect height. The main thing for me is enjoy wearing the heels that I love. If you are still undecided, keep experimenting, you may never make up your mind but you will have a hell of a time trying.

I’ve never been a platform fan. I have thigh boots with 3”, 4”, 5”, and 5½” stiletto heels. I find that especially with the higher heel the arch support offered by the boot is very important to being comfortable. My 5” boots have the best arch support and I find them most comfortable even after a lot of walking. The 3” feel funny (low) when I first put them on, but the 4” are fine for extended wear. The 5½” are my current limit and I can wear them for extended outings if I take it slow at first. I tried a pair of 6” pumps but my ankle wouldn’t tolerate the angle.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I see from the poll that over 60 % of you guys can wear 5 inch heels or lower. Why do you want us girls to wear higher than that ? You have to remember our feet are so much smaller so a 6 inch heel to us is like an 8 inch heels to many guys in steepness.

More practice required to keep up.

xx

You're talking to the wrong guys methinks, that said, if you were to pick a random 5' 6" person at random would they most likely to be guy or girl?

http://sugarandslugs.wordpress.com/2011/02/

Statistics is interesting this way, while there may be more guys that have larger feet, in some ways its more a byproduct of that statistical curve. Aaaaanyways, ask the guys that expect you to wear 5"+ heels to do it themselves. At the best they'll shut up, or they'll learn what its like. Win/win either way for yourself and other women in the future if it doesn't work out.