How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?

Jabble

How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you easily walk in With NO Platform?

• 3"
    • 4"
    • 5"
    • 5.5"
    • 6"
    • 7"

4 inches easily, I can do 5", but wouldn't want to spend a long period of time walking in them. I prefer a platform, both for the look & the comfort. My fave pair are 6.5" with a 2" platform, which works for me. I've done up to 8 hours in these!

Depends on the shoe 4" is easy, with strapped shoes or boots up to 4.75" but some just don't feel right or comfortable to travel outside any distance beyond 200 yards. Al

Jabble, it actually depends on your foot size. Anyway, in my case, I can handle 5" (12cm) with relative comfort and I can walk well. For higher heels I need to get some time to get used to them. My pigalles -5.5"/13.6cm- can be pretty nasty when I use them after some months of inactivity.

I would say 6 inches. I wear 6inch heels most days, I can walk in 7+ but only for a couple of blocks and then I'm stuffed and need a rest. Mind you.. its taken me 5 years to get to 6-6.5inch heels. I couldn't even stand with straight legs in 6 inch heels 4 years ago. Cheers Heel-Lover

Well, I have a few very comfortable pairs of 5" boots with a mini-platforms (1/2"), that I can walk in for hours, but since they technically do have a small platform, I would say 4.5" is my non-platform limit. I've really come to like small platforms more than no platforms as they just seem to be more comfortable for longer walks, etc. I feel that is because since you are putting all of your weight onto the front of the foot and with the tiny amount of material between you and the ground in non-platforms, you feel the ground, every rock, bump, uneven surface, and so on. For that, I don't even buy zero platforms shoes anymore, plus my feet look too tiny in zero platforms. :smile:

I feel that is because since you are putting all of your weight onto the front of the foot and with the tiny amount of material between you and the ground in non-platforms, you feel the ground, every rock, bump, uneven surface, and so on.

QUOTE]

Hi hhboots,

quite right about the feelings in a non-platform shoe. But I would have to ask this... who really wears high heels on such poor surfaces that it would hurt? (sure a sharp small stone on a concrete path can hurt).. and I have learnt that in very high heels I need to get all the surface feedback from under me, so that I can avoid mishaps - the very feedback which a platform disguises - do you not feel less control with a platform? The beauty of a non-platform stiletto heel is you can rock your shoe from side to side better, they also have flex in the toes, wheras a lot of platforms have limited flex and weigh less. Its the stiletto heel that I enjoy wearing and I can't feel it in a platform...

Heel-Lover

Well, I set a personal limit at five inches since I wear my heels in public and do a goodly amount of walking on my expeditions, so comfort is important to me. Anything over five inches would be dreadfully impractical for me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

quite right about the feelings in a non-platform shoe. But I would have to ask this... who really wears high heels on such poor surfaces that it would hurt? (sure a sharp small stone on a concrete path can hurt).. and I have learnt that in very high heels I need to get all the surface feedback from under me, so that I can avoid mishaps - the very feedback which a platform disguises - do you not feel less control with a platform? The beauty of a non-platform stiletto heel is you can rock your shoe from side to side better, they also have flex in the toes, wheras a lot of platforms have limited flex and weigh less. Its the stiletto heel that I enjoy wearing and I can't feel it in a platform...

You have a good point, but on the odd occasion I have felt a sharp stone or had to walk on rough/uneven surfaces in a non-platform, it was not too fun. It's just more 'surface feedback' than I prefer. :smile:

I suppose I just have become used the feel of mini-platforms and feel most confident in them. Specifically, I like plats about 3/4" or less, otherwise if higher than that I think I do lose stability and can more easily wobble off balance. Additionally, I tend to more often choose to buy boots with heels that are a bit thicker than stilettos (1" or thicker). With the larger upper body I have, it just looks and feels right to me and I can walk more gracefully in them.

Don't get me wrong, non-platforms and stiletto heels are very sexy, especially on the right body type. Based on the pictures I have seen of you, you seem to be slender, and I think those are right for you... and fortunately, there are near-infinite choices to meet all of our individual preferences, right? :wave:

I have a really nice pair of stiletto pumps with a 6.5 inch heel and no platform that I can wear all day.....but only if I'm in practice. If I don't wear them for a long time, it takes at least a week or so of wearing them on and off to get back to wearing all day again. Mostly the calves need to get back in shape and some stretching (feet and legs) helps. I wish I could wear them all time...... Going to a 7" heel right now is impossible because my feet just don't bend that far. Wearing very high heels more often I could probably get to a 7" eventually......like years. I'll keep trying though!

A year ago I would have said 6inches, but since I started heeling in public and met my girlfriend who can wear 7 inch stilettos all day I have been practicing. A lot :smile: Now I can wear 7 inch stilettos, but not a whole day. But I can stand in them for more then an hour. But usually I wear 5½-6 inches and can walk in them all day.

4" if the maximum for now... if shoes are not solid neither 4" a closed shoe is easier, a sandalette impossible... even if i have 44/45EU i have flat feet and not much experience i prefer to have at least 1/2" platform, 1-2" is the best

• 2 weeks later...

I can walk in a 6inch heel ok

How do you know that? Were not talking "Stepping around on the carpet indoors"...

They would clearly have had to belong to somebody else, yet you have been out in 6" heels that were not yours? Wow... :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!